Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:11   #346
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!

I'm so glad I chose a Tata 3 years ago, when everyone in my family and friends was advising me against it. Although the Tigor isn't exactly setting the sales charts on fire, yet, at that time it seemed to me the most VFM compact sedan across all the competition. I had wished and hoped then that Tata
motors may climb the sales charts, and 3 years later here we are! I'm very happy to see them doing well.

However, the recent success seems to have gone to their head, judging by the uninterested attitude of their sales staff in their showrooms. I had planned to get a Nexon, and being a repeat customer I thought I'd be given some kind of benefit, alas, there was none. The fact that the Nexon is selling very well has enabled the staff to turn away a customer, since they now know they'll get another one.

I'm reserving my comments about the after sales since my Tigor is due for a service shortly, and I want to see how they fare. I was not able to take the extended warranty after the initial 2 years, because of the COVID pandemic. I'll ask them to see if they'll give it to me now. Lets see how it goes.
Old 3rd April 2021, 14:00   #347
BHPian

An important point to note is that Tata is competing successfully in premium segment also (15 lakhs - 25 lakhs) against some of the bigwigs like Creta, Compass, Hector, XUV etc. where even the market leader Maruti could not compete.
low_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 15:50   #348
BHPian

Break up of sales for March '21

*NEXON leads the way with 8683 units.
*Harrier twins sold about 4432 units, jumping 695units MOM. MG might have sold more units this month, around 4700 units as estimated.
*Quite a sales boom in 15-30 Lakhs bracket, Crysta sold around 5743 units. Cheetah will be having a very good time when it returns.

Autopunditz
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-1617445212454.jpg  

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 3rd April 2021 at 15:54.
TorqueIndia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 16:16   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Break up of sales for March '21

*NEXON leads the way with 8683 units.
No wonder. I recommended to 3 people who were looking at buying i20/Baleno to check out Altroz.

Two of them bought Nexon- one turbo petrol XMS and another a turbo diesel XM.

At 11 lakhs on road budget, the Nexon with their lively engines, nice gearboxes and good, comfortable seats & 5* safety + vibrant colours makes it a very compelling package.

No surprise it sells more than the Altroz, which in my opinion is let down by the gearboxes.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 16:32   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
No surprise it sells more than the Altroz, which in my opinion is let down by the gearboxes.
I think the Altroz is doing well, the only impediment is the lack of AT option. Once that comes in, hopefully by the festival season, I guess it will break the 10k barrier.

Do note that it's already selling more than the Tiago.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd April 2021 at 21:11. Reason: As requested.
discoverwild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:51   #351
BHPian

Well done TATA, making us proud. The gap in numbers between Tata and Kia is significant. Very competent product line that is safe and VFM . My personal favorite is the Harrier, especially after Hexa is discontinued. Pratap Bose deserves a huge applause. Now it is time for Tata to fill every gap with a new product. In particular a creta sized suv and an ertiga sized mpv. All the best.
DonHyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 22:56   #352
BHPian

All of this is a good news, now I'm excited to see how the market responds to the HBX. If they do play their tricks right, this product has the potential to be selling upwards of 10k units consistently. A mini Nexon at a price slightly lesser than Altroz, sounds like a great proposition!
Skorp_Knight is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 17:05   #353
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors now among top 3 carmakers in India

Tata Motors has reclaimed the third spot in passenger vehicle sales for FY2020-21, pushing Mahindra down to fourth place.

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-2021tatasafari02.jpg

Tata Motors recorded its highest ever annual sales in 8 years (2,22,025 units) with a growth of 69% compared to the previous fiscal. In March 2021, Tata sold 29,654 cars. EV sales also grew threefold to 4,219 units in FY2022.

Tata's market share grew from 5% last year to 8.2% in 2021. It's the highest gain in market share at a time when the industry recorded a 2% decline in passenger vehicle volumes.

Maruti continues to lead the charts with a market share of 48%, followed by Hyundai (17.3%). Mahindra's market share dropped from 6.7% to 5.8%, while fifth placed Kia recorded a 2.7% jump in its market share.

Source: ET Auto
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 22:43   #354
BHPian

Good going for Tata.
On another note, Kia has launched only two mainstream products and still gained no. 4 position.
For every new kia launch, Tata has to be one step ahead and launch something new of its own; else kia would surely catch up.
Hemantteen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 01:24   #355
BHPian

It always feels proud to see when our home-grown brands are at the Podium finish. TATA has done amazing and rather than following others blindly, they have build their own turf and it is not easy to beat them at it now.
The key point they are pitching is safety and build quality. Plus having JLR under their marquee has also helped in bringing +ve's. They have made good mark in the SUV plus Hatchback segment and hope they do something in the Sedan segment too. I am still pondering on the thought of a Safari with AWD or 4WD.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:45   #356
BHPian

Any one has thoughts on impact due to alcazar and kia plans for sonet 7 seater?
Old 6th April 2021, 11:55   #357
NKB
BHPian

Good to see TATA consolidate the numbers at present level and scoring a decent MOM growth. More critical for TATA would be the next leap and for that they need to bring in the new/updated offerings at a lesser time frame and ensure niggle free cars at launch with all guns blazing.
NKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 13:15   #358
BHPian

Tata Motors inaugurates 10 new showrooms across Delhi NCR in a day!
Quote:
Tata Motors today launched ten new full-range passenger vehicle showrooms in Delhi NCR, which includes seven in Delhi, two in Gurgaon and one in Faridabad. With these additions, a total of 29 outlets will now cater to a larger customer group in the region, giving them access to the range of Tata Motors' passenger cars and UVs and services.
Autopunditz

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 6th April 2021 at 13:17.
TorqueIndia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:12   #359
AZT
BHPian

Competition is a great thing. Tata is doing great and Magnite/Kiger may revive the fortunes of Renault Nissan. I wish Ford can figure a turnaround and Citroen launches other cars.
Old 6th April 2021, 15:24   #360
BHPian

One thing I have noticed in the past 3-4 years is the acceptance of the brand Tata by the younger folks. While some of us middle-aged folks might have a jaundiced view of Tata from their bad old Indica days, these days Tata is seen more as an aspirational brand to be associated with by those who want to stay 'unique' & portray themselves as being 'Hatke' from the general crowd. They consider those opting to buy a Maruti as an 'unkil' and I am sure that the buying demographic of Maruti has a higher median age than that of Tata.

And with the well-deserved reputation of producing the most number of mass-market cars with 4-star or 5-star NCAP safety rating, whenever they are questioned on their desire to opt for Tata, these youngsters have a strong, irrefutable argument. And they say it with a smirk.

In the past 1.5-2 years, I have seen in my own small office that most youngsters are deviating away from manstream brands such as Maruti. In the past 1-2 years itself, 2 bought Nexons, 1 Tiago, 1 a Harrier & 2 Hyundai Venues. Not a single Maruti.

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 6th April 2021 at 15:33. Reason: Minor grammatical errors
Desi Dybuk is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks