Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 17:11   #361
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
One thing I have noticed in the past 3-4 years is the acceptance of the brand Tata by the younger folks.
Agree, and the reason definitely is 5 star safety ratings and modern/smart design language they have adopted.
Case in point my nephew, a young doctor booked Harrier last week. Their family owns Honda City, Creta and Grand i10. Not even once taxi image, reliability etc. came up in discussions and finalisation process.
A Tata car would not have been even in consideration 2-3 years back.

Tata Motors have indeed managed to change their brand perception.
Old 6th April 2021, 19:11   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
One thing I have noticed in the past 3-4 years is the acceptance of the brand Tata by the younger folks.

In the past 1-2 years itself, 2 bought Nexons, 1 Tiago, 1 a Harrier & 2 Hyundai Venues. Not a single Maruti.
... and thank god for that! A world full of Maruti's would be quite a drab, and frankly, unsafe world.

Tata definitely does marketing well, and has been able to position their products aspirationally for as long as I can remember. What was missing a couple of decades ago, and maybe is better now, is reliability? Remains to be seen. I don't see my family in a Tata yet, but it's very close. I'll wait and watch for a bigger brother to the Nexon EV, if that ever comes to pass. Or just have my parents jump to a Kona EV instead.
Harshal.Bhosale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 08:00   #363
BHPian

Wow Bombshell news!!

Pratap Bose has quit tata motors.
Old 29th April 2021, 08:12   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Wow Bombshell news!!

From what I know, the guy who headed Harrier design internally is bound to take over
Old 29th April 2021, 08:38   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Wow Bombshell news!!

This is shocking indeed. Any links to share?

Last edited by discoverwild : 29th April 2021 at 08:39.
Old 29th April 2021, 08:43   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
This is shocking indeed. Any links to share?
Autocar has mentioned it.

https://www.autocarpro.in/news-natio...ad-79059?amp=1
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 09:20   #367
BHPian

Has he quit TML, or just as a design head? TML has a bigger role for him in mind, perhaps?
Old 29th April 2021, 11:35   #368
BHPian

Quite shocking. I liked his designs.

Tata motors always had an eye for design. The Indica, Safari and Nano(especially the nano europa which tata should have facelifted the original with) are all good looking clean cars in their time. Then they were lost indica vista/ sumo grande/aria era. Almost killed the company.

Bose brought back the lost flair (and then some) back to their design. Tiago and Harrier are lovely designs. Altroz is a good sporty design. Safari Storme was a miss. Hexa was good considering its base car. Nexon is eye catching. But then there are few misses in his design, like the merc logo shamelessly plastered on the Nexon's facelift's lower air dam that also seems to have made its way to the hbx. What was he thinking!

The interiors of most of their cars were not mind blowing, few of them are very conservative. This is where their design should really step up. Have a look at what the Chinese are up to these days!

Good to luck to Bose and Tata motors. Time for fresh designs. Wonder what's in the pipeline after HBX.
Old 29th April 2021, 22:30   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntPaul View Post
Wonder what's in the pipeline after HBX.
I have been thinking about this for a while too. With the HBX nearing launch, production spec Sierra should have been exhibited just like HBX was exhibited at the auto expo 2020. No announcements or leaks on Sierra too. And its too early for next tiago & nexon and for the altroz facelift. I am guessing the HBX launch will be delayed and further launches will happen only next year. A couple of launches from Kia and Mahindra, and Tata will get back the motivation.
Old 30th April 2021, 12:02   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I have been thinking about this for a while too. A couple of launches from Kia and Mahindra, and Tata will get back the motivation.
I think they had a very confusing Creta competitor in the anvil, based on a Chinese platform as per rumors, but looks like that car has been shelved. The EVision based sedan also seems dead.

Their next car should be a Bolero/Scorpio rivaling sumo replacement or a Creta rival (at old Creta price point). Well priced electric HBX could too will be good option.
Old 30th April 2021, 12:45   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntPaul View Post
Their next car should be a Bolero/Scorpio rivaling sumo replacement or a Creta rival (at old Creta price point .
Creta rival has a very high demand and a small competition. A VFM offering from Tata will be very helpful for Tata. And, with regard to Sumo, I think Sumo can be envisioned as an MPV more than an SUV. Tata already has a few SUV. An omega ARC based Sumo with the fiat 2L MJD could be a premium MPV and help Sumo garner a fair share from Innova. The Innova doesn't have any competition either. People who want a premium MPV but can't go for the pricy Innova can buy this.

Last edited by Benoit : 30th April 2021 at 12:49.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 09:03   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors became a formidable Number 3 OEM - the turnaround story!

Quote:
Tata Motors domestic passenger vehicle business reported sales of 2,22,011 units in the 11-month period of the FY2021 (Apr’20 recorded Zero volumes due to lockdown), as against 1,31,197 units sold over the entire 12 months of FY2020.

The YoY increase in volumes was a stellar 69 percent and placed Tata in a comfortable No.3 spot in the Manufacturer rankings
- Tata Motors PV business registered its highest-ever annual sales in 8 years and the OEM is progressing towards double-digit Market Share in FY2022.

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a1.jpg

- In the last Financial Year (Apr’20-Mar’21); Tata Motors has gained the highest Market Share amongst all the car OEMs. It attained a Market Share of 8.2 percent in FY2021 against the Market Share of 4.6 percent in FY2020
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a2.jpg
-Tata Motors was a comfortable >66k units ahead of fourth-ranked OEM and has firmly placed itself in the Third position.

-One of the biggest factors for the success of Tata Motors in FY2021 was that the OEM gained volumes and share in all the segments it is present in and the growth reflected in the entire portfolio!
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a3.jpg

Entry Hatch - Tiago

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a4.jpg

- Tiago was able to post a 23 percent YoY increase and its Segment Share shot up to 20 percent

- Tiago’s gain in volumes in FY2021 was almost equivalent to Hyundai Santro’s loss.

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-as1.jpg

Premium Hatchback - Altroz

- Though the Premium Hatchback segment reported flat growth in FY2021; Altroz was able to gain a segment share of 9 percent in the mentioned fiscal year

- Outsells Hyundai's i20 in 5 states and Maruti's Baleno in Kerala ( 20-21)
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a5.jpg

Compact S/CUV- Nexon:

- Nexon was Tata’s bestselling model for FY2021, registers a growth of 41% (y-o-y)

- FY2021 included the model outselling the segment leaders Brezza and Venue in many crucial states (like Kerala and Maharashtra)

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a6.jpg

Compact Sedan - Tigor

-Tigor volumes shot up 44 percent YoY in FY2021; while the segment sales declined by 27 percent
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a7.jpg

Mid sized SUV - Harrier+Safari

- Harrier had a lot of hopes raised for the OEM when it was launched. However; the initial volumes weren’t encouraging

- . The model was also reeling with initial quality glitches and customers were hesitant to invest in Tata’s costliest model!

- The model gain significant volumes in FY2021 and it recorded a 47 percent increase over FY2020. The launch of the seven-seater Safari strengthened Tata’s position in the segment even further

-Tata Motors' segment share improved to 7 percent in FY2021 and was up from 5 percent in FY2020.

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-a8.jpg

With all segments becoming challenging with many launches scheduled in coming yeras, can TATA motors hold on to this enviable position it has currently carved out?

Only time will have the answer to this!

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 18:59   #373
Senior - BHPian

25,095 cars sold in April 2021. 15% lower than March. I guess May sales will be lower too considering the lockdown.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-sold-250...afari-harrier/
Old 1st May 2021, 19:16   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

With the ongoing Pandemic effect ( lockdowns, etc.) in several parts of the country disrupted car sales in the second half of the month and slowed down the growing volumes.

Month on Month figures are in RED across manufacturers' except Honda.

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st May 2021 at 19:17.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 12:26   #375
BHPian

Tatas beat MG twins in April 21 sales!

The manufacturer sold 1,514 units of the Safari and 1,712 units of the Harrier last month, thus the combined sales figure for the two SUVs stood at 3,226 units. This is significantly higher than the combined sales of MG Hector and Hector Plus in April 2021, which equalled 2,147 units. Thus, Tata’s midsize SUV pair outsold MG Hector twins by 1,079 units, or 52.26 per cent.
Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks