Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:39   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!

TATA Motors retains its 3rd position and gains ( highest) market share and is at 7.8%. Can Mahindra's upset this with the launch of the XUV700 ?

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  28.3 KB

Source Auto Punditz
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:54   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TATA Motors retains its 3rd position and gains ( highest) market share and is at 7.8%. Can Mahindra's upset this with the launch of the XUV700 ?
I doubt it would happen. The difference in unit sales is almost double and a single vehicle that of the XUV700 category is never going to sell as many. Tata also has the Punch on sale shortly which would, by virtue of pricing and class, sell much more than the 700.

At best, I expect Mahindra to overtake Kia Motors shortly.

Last edited by discoverwild : 2nd October 2021 at 10:00.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 15:54   #408
Senior - BHPian

Post Punch and pre Casper, I can only see Tata numbers running away from Mahindra and inching close to Hyundai.
Old 2nd October 2021, 16:22   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Post Punch and pre Casper, I can only see Tata numbers running away from Mahindra and inching close to Hyundai.
I dont think that casper will come to India. It is extremely small 4 seater and will be expensive than Punch. We don't have that segment in India yet.
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:01   #410
BHPian

I don't think the Punch's launch will see a massive uptick in Tata Motors' overall sales. I do believe that it may become Tata's best seller(provided that Tata don't mess up the launch) but I would be surprised if a majority of the sales don't come from potential customers of the Tiago, Altroz and Nexon.

The Punch looks to be a good offering but it isn't creating a new market for Tata. People who are averse to the Tata brand will still stay away from this vehicle.
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:45   #411
BHPian

Considering the fact that both Altroz & Punch are being produced on same production line, it would be not easy for TATA Motors to ramp up production of both cars in large numbers in near future. The combined production might be around 10000 to 12000 nos unless facility changes are done to reduce cycle times.
Old 1st November 2021, 13:50   #412
BHPian

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gaadiwa...ket-share/amp/

Tata motors posts highest sales in a decade with more than 33,000 vehicles despatched in October 2021 securing a 13.7% market share! Well done Tata!

Last edited by Geta : 1st November 2021 at 13:55.
Geta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:29   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata sales for October-21 are a tad short of Hyundai's as chip shortage hits most of the OEM's.

Hyundai's sales are at 37,021 units while Tata's figures are at 33,925 in October sales/dispatch chart.

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st November 2021 at 14:32.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 18:26   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata sales for October-21 are a tad short of Hyundai's as chip shortage hits most of the OEM's.

Hyundai's sales are at 37,021 units while Tata's figures are at 33,925 in October sales/dispatch chart.

Attachment 2226829
Close to 1600 EVs, WOW! I live in Bhubaneswar and see 2-3 Nexon EVs almost everyday. Needless to say it gives much confidence to people to buy an EV as their next car.
f1fan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 12:20   #415
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors continues to inch closer to the rank 2 position with every passing month.

Quote:
Tata Motors has increased its market share this Financial year till date by 3.41% ( the highest by any OEM). As of October ending, the Market Share stands at 11.08%. Whereas Hyundai dropped Market share by 1.09% and reached 16.99% YTD.
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-smartselect_20211109122016_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The gap in market share between Hyundai and Tata was down to as low as 1.19% in the month of October 2021.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 08:49   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Continues to remain at Three.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  36.6 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:26   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
People who are averse to the Tata brand will still stay away from this vehicle.
Replace Tata with any other manufacturer and the above statement still holds true.

While I agree that a lot of people are still not comfortable purchasing a Tata, a lot more people are taking the plunge every year. Gaining market share is a slow process and Tata holding on to the number 3 position this long shows that they are putting a lot of effort. Credit where it is due - they are the ones who kick started the safety campaign with the Nexon which has now become a talking point in new car purchases across the board. On the flip side though, sales and after sales should undergo a tectonic shift if they are aiming for the number 2 spot. As someone who is “actively trying” to buy a Nexon from any Tata dealer who is willing to sell me one, I know the pain
furyrider is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:05   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
As a owner of Nexon this is great news. Though I honestly believe this is owing to chip shortage and Tata has played its cards well
I keep hearing this in this thread, almost to the point where it seems to take away credit from Tata Motors for having increased its sales numbers. Can someone please explain why Tata Motors is unaffected by the chip shortage while others are so badly affected?
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:19   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I keep hearing this in this thread, almost to the point where it seems to take away credit from Tata Motors for having increased its sales numbers. Can someone please explain why Tata Motors is unaffected by the chip shortage while others are so badly affected?
Dear vharihar,

I don't know about the other hot selling Tata models like the Altroz,Nexon and the recently launched Punch but I can surely say that Tata has got a stock of chips enough to produce around 50000 Harrier twins and this is the reason why these two SUVs have very less waiting periods as compared to the competition.

According to my sources Tata had gauged this chip shortage thing well in advance and made a stockpile of chips but these are mainly being utilized for the Harrier twins as these are there flagship products and also they want to snatch away customers from Mahindra who do not want to wait for 1 year to get their XUVs delivered.

Tata also knows that their SUVs cannot compete with Mahindra's XUV700 on features,safety and performance so they are prioritizing the deliveries of Harrier twins till this chip shortage situation improves and the crazy waiting times of the XUV700 come down.

Another small but significant reason is that since Tata has to pay FCA for 72000 engine per annum, they have to make each and every unit of Harrier/Safari count else they will be unnecessarily paying FCA without actually utilizing any engines. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ram87pune : 3rd January 2022 at 10:31.
ram87pune is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:36   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

Tata also knows that their SUVs cannot compete with Mahindra's XUV700 on features,safety and performance ...
Thanks for your reply.

Can you cite a reference to substantiate this? (Even a detailed comparison report post from TBHP or any authoritative source would be nice. I personally don't like the exterior looks of the XUV700. I haven't seen it in flesh though, and I admit pics can be deceiving).

I looked up the specs online and see that the XUV700 has higher power, albeit at a higher RPM and so that's not as great as it sounds, in my experience.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks