Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Are you sure about this. Carwale shows Swift LXI(o) costs 5.59 lakhs On Road in Chennai while Tiago XZ Petrol Costs 5.71 lakhs. And if you go by features, the LXI spec doesn't have anything apart from AC/Power Steering & off course the Safety Pack(ABS/Airbags). Am I missing something here ?
Apologies for the confusion. I should have mentioned that my brother was looking at Tiago XZ diesel. Its between the diesel tiago and swift petrol.
Sorry for going OT, but just wanted to share the details. The Lxi(O) with optional comes with dual airbags, ABS. The onroad price currently is 5,96,000 and there is a consumer offer of 5K. We have been promised for some goodies which I can update once confirmed. Tiago diesel is a fantastic car in its segment no doubts, but when we did a back to back TD of tiago diesel and swift petrol last week (almost a month after booking of tiago) , it sealed the deal.

Last edited by Balaji31582 : 3rd November 2016 at 11:19. Reason: added few more details
Balaji31582 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 02:34   #32
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Tata might have set a realistic later date for achieving a podium position, but the sudden demonetisation process announced on Nov. 8 has presented a golden opportunity for them to grab the no. 3 spot in PV sales during the calendar year 2016 itself!

There are reports that new passenger vehicle sales are likely to see a drop of upto ~ 30% for a few months. It's no secret that vehicles preferred by buyers making full payments in cash are likely to be hit much harder than those bought by folks using other modes of payment. And it's no secret again that large sections of the black-moneyed horde prefer certain vehicles & certain kinds of vehicles, and that certain manufacturers have a solid buyer base in this group.

If Tata are smart enough to react to short term market trends, they would act fast and ramp up production of existing models (and also quickly introduce new models) that cater to the white-moneyed horde.

The demonetisation process is going to shake up the monthly sales chart beginning with the month of November 2016. There is going to be a lot of up & down movement in the mid field pack.

I, for one, would not be surprised in the least if Tata grab this opportunity with both hands and proudly step on to the podium in the month of November or December (2016) itself!

If they can pull it off, what a fabulous comeback it would be!

Last edited by RSR : 21st November 2016 at 02:41.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 14:58   #33
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Tata might have set a realistic later date for achieving a podium position, but the sudden demonetisation process announced on Nov. 8 has presented a golden opportunity for them to grab the no. 3 spot in PV sales during the calendar year 2016 itself!

The demonetisation process is going to shake up the monthly sales chart beginning with the month of November 2016. There is going to be a lot of up & down movement in the mid field pack.

I, for one, would not be surprised in the least if Tata grab this opportunity with both hands and proudly step on to the podium in the month of November or December (2016) itself!

If they can pull it off, what a fabulous comeback it would be!

They have done it!!!

(And if I may take the liberty to beat my own drum, let me add with a wink - I told you so!)

Tata have managed to achieve a target they set for themselves for the year 2018 during the year 2016 itself!

Tata sold 12,736 units of passenger vehicles during the month of November 2016, while Mahindra sold 12,707 units during the same period, thereby taking over the No. 3 spot from the latter (Note: sold = factory sales, as is the case always).

What a meteoric, phoenix-like (re-)rise to the podium!

While they did get an unexpected shock boost from the demonetisation drive, the challenge for Tata would be to hold on to the hard-earned podium spot by releasing all the new models in their arsenal, one after the other, in order to keep their podium position and pull clear of the challengers.

However, that is for later. Tata can savour the joy of being among the top-three car manufacturers in India at the moment.

Congratulations & well done, Tata!!!

Source

Last edited by RSR : 2nd December 2016 at 15:25.
RSR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 20:22   #34
BHPian

I hope TATA will be able to retain the no 3 spot. Amen

I also feel that this position will get stronger with Hexa launch and other three product of tata in pipeline.
singh.saab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 08:13   #35
BHPian

The Tiago has been instrumental in achieving these numbers. Tata Motors sold 6,008 units of Tiago in November, and it figures in the top ten selling cars in this month.

Source: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-2016/55756939
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 12:37   #36
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Yes, while the Zest & Bolt managed to halt Tata's slide, it's the Tiago that's doing duty as their sales booster!

The Tiago (6008 units) is faring quite well against its primary direct rival, the Celerio (9543 units). With Hyundai ending the old i10's production run, Tata can look to increase the sales of Tiago further in the coming months.

The Zest, Bolt & Tiago have shown the way forward for Tata. The Hexa, Kite 5 & Nexon should help them retain their No. 3 slot against competitors (such as Mahindra, Honda & Renault) who are also eyeing that position.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd December 2016 at 12:43.
Old 4th December 2016, 21:38   #37
BHPian

A lot of Bolts are seen running on yellow plates and recently I'm noticing a few Zests following the same route in the last 3-4 months. The sales numbers for both of these competent products must rise steadily now. A face lift might help bring in some private buyers as well.

The Tiago breaking into top 10 selling cars is a great news and it has got potential to achieve 10k sales figure and I hope it does so in the coming months.

The future seems very bright for Tata Motors at least from product perspective and the love for this brand would only rise given they continue churning out such products backed up by excellent service.
Old 30th December 2016, 22:40   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has scored well in it's customer-centric behaviour in 2016. Realising how important after sales service is for improved sales numbers, the company has taken a number of steps to improve it's After Sales Service support.

This has resulted in the company's excellent score in the J.D. Power 2016 Syndicate India Customer Service Index Study:-
a cumulative score of 888 points,
a huge jump by 39 points over it's 2015 numbers,
second in the list of most consistent quality service by a company, AND
registering itself as the most improved brand this year.

This is evident in the superb monthly sales numbers the Tiago is racking up in recent times. The company will need this in the long run, as it prepares for launching it's most premium offering, the Hexa SUV, next month.

Some numbers:

- Tata Motors caters to customers across 527 workshops in 281 cities.

- Rolled out three mega service camps in the year 2016, in which Tata Motors hosted 3,61,425 customers; an increase by 19,591 numbers over last year.

- Registered a jump of 13% over last year.

- The Lost Customer Recovery during Mega Camps number stood at 60,228 compared to 53,255 last year.

Quote:
Through Crack Team Identification, the company has strived to reduce the number of customer complaints despite an increase in vehicle inflow. The efforts have resulted in quick and speedy resolutions, reducing complaint closure cycle time from 72 to 48 hours.

Customers have recognised the efforts and are witnessing the change at touch points in the manner in which the brand engages itself.

Also, during this year, the company added four training centres, one each in Kolkata, Lucknow, Chandigarh and Coimbatore to improve the service quality, upgrade the skills of the technical staff.
Motor Trend
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 11:05   #39
BHPian

Autocar reports that TML was to showcase their first ever production ready sports car (Codenamed Futuro), a 2 seater mid engine RWD one at the Geneva Motor Show, but it may be put on hold due to Tata-Mistry spat. The project was being driven by Mistry (though I personally do not expect RNT to be this vindictive if it's good for TML, now that Mistry is out)
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:56   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra regains the 3rd spot, TATA motors loses momentum in Dec sales,

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-111.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 11:17   #41
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Tata have jumped off the podium as fast as they stepped on to it.

Worse, for the month of Dec. 2016, they are placed either 6th or 7th on the sales chart (depending on Honda's as yet unknown numbers).

Would Tata's podium position in Nov. 2016 turn out to be a demonetisation-driven flash in the pan? I hope not, but time will tell.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd January 2017 at 11:19.
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Yes, Tata have jumped off the podium as fast as they stepped on to it.

Worse, for the month of Dec. 2016, they are placed either 6th or 7th on the sales chart (depending on Honda's as yet unknown numbers).

Would Tata's podium position in Nov. 2016 turn out to be a demonetisation-driven flash in the pan? I hope not, but time will tell.
Rather than looking at sales on a monthly basis, you should look at cumulative sales for atleast 13 months to take out seasonality from the equation. #3 spot in PV segment may take a while (if it does happen at all) if you start looking at cumulative sales over the last 13 months.
aviat18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:18   #43
BHPian

Tata comes in at number 6 behind renault at the 5th spot according to the autopunditz site. Its still marginally ahead of Honda.
Ajay_Sensei is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:56   #44
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post

#3 spot in PV segment may take a while (if it does happen at all) if you start looking at cumulative sales over the last 13 months.
True, one has to take one year's total (either CY or FY) to decide the size of car manufacturers (by volume).

The top three positions have remained unchanged for a very long time though. And Tata seemed to have broken that established order in Nov. 2016, but only for a month (as it turns out now). I still think they have a fair chance of achieving a podium position in CY 2017 or FY 2017-2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post

Tata comes in at number 6 behind renault at the 5th spot according to the autopunditz site. Its still marginally ahead of Honda.
They can take heart from the fact that only ~ 6k units separate the no. 3 from no. 7 in this list. The mid-field runners are quite tightly packed and the order can change from month to month:

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-screenshot_20170103214449.jpg

Source

Last edited by RSR : 3rd January 2017 at 22:00.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 12:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

As someone said earlier on this thread, TML's woes pertaining to brand image are more to do with after sales service rather than product quality/performance. Leaving aside the hit-or-miss experience on the technical competency front (which seems to be getting better BTW), the very fact that they have common service centers for private cars and cabs does not help at all. Not sure how many Safari or Hexa owners would like to drive their SUVs into a workshop teeming with Indica's and Sumo's or be ushered into a waiting lounge full of (with all due respect to dignity of labor) cab drivers!

This is a very crucial point which TML has been ignoring for decades now and I would be surprised if they fail to realize that this would bog down all their plans to create an 'up-market' image. They should take cues from service centers of other multi-national brands before it is too late.

Till they take steps in this direction, all their so-called premium products will meet the same fate as the Aria.

My 2 cents...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks