Team-BHP - Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178183-maruti-swift-other-cars-kabali-artwork.html)

Anyone interested in buying a Swift 'Kabali' Edition? Head straight to the Maruti Dealer in Hosur, Tamilnadu (Hosur is a town 30 km from Bangalore on the Chennai Highway). :). This dealer (Sri Amman Cars) has launched a heavily stickered Swift to commemorate the release of Superstar Rajnikanth's latest movie-'Kabali' expected to come out on 22nd July.

Will let the pictures do the talking. The text in Tamil is basically dialogs from the teaser.

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-kabaliswift1.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-kabaliswift2.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-swiftkabali3.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-swiftkabali4.jpg

Probably inspired by the Air Asia branded Kabali flight. :)

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-kabali_22222_2932132g.jpg

Source: IndiaCarNews

Wow! Marketing of a Super Star film has reached different levels. The dealer could move few vehicles to the die hard Rajni fans. Though its a sticker job, it takes some amount of courage from the dealer to do this...or he has got some bookings for this already!?

Awesome marketing idea !! I like the roof decal the most. Rajnikant fans will surely snap up quite a few of these quickly.

Hope MSIL has allowed this (officially) or the dealer maybe in for some flak.

OT. Maybe MSIL will also start this 'idea' for a whole new series of Limited Editions .:Frustrati

The Neruppuda on fuel lid takes the cake :uncontrol I hope the one who fills doesnt take it literally and set the tank on fire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoInt (Post 4016585)
Wow! Marketing of Super Star film has reached different levels.

This is more to do with the dealer trying to cash in on the movie craze, probably the owner is die hard fan :)

How is he going to register that car? It is full of paint job with the original color barely visible.

I can understand the craze but we can't subvert the rules for our passion.

Maybe I will stick a Rajni sticker from the door to the roof while covering the window as well to protect from the sun :)

What if one buys the car, and then the film bombs? Need for immediate repainting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 4016604)
How is he going to register that car? It is full of paint job with the original color barely visible.

It's in Tamil Nadu .. do you think any RTO official will object to it ?? :)

Very interesting strategy. Even if its not going to sell, for sure this will attract some crowd to the showroom. IMO this will not sell unless there is a hardcore rajini fan who is looking for a new car now. Otherwise, this is more of a advertisement for this showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4016612)
It's in Tamil Nadu .. do you think any RTO official will object to it ?? :)

True. Even the RTO officials could be a Rajini(Thalaivar) fan :D

The aftermarket sticker shops probably are going to get busy as soon as the news spreads wide & far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 4016580)
Anyone interested in buying a Swift 'Kabali' Edition? Head straight to the Maruti Dealer in Hosur, Tamilnadu (Hosur is a town 30 km from Bangalore on the Chennai Highway). :). This dealer (Sri Amman Cars) has launched a heavily stickered Swift to commemorate the release of Superstar Rajnikanth's latest movie-'Kabali' expected to come out on 22nd July.

Heights of marketing! :)

Quote:

... he has got some bookings for this already!

I think this car may go for a handsome premium even if not booked already!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 4016594)
...Hope MSIL has allowed this (officially) or the dealer maybe in for some flak...

Am sure this is not endorsed by MS. Purely done by the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 4016604)
How is he going to register that car? It is full of paint job with the original color barely visible...

He will be able to, as soon as he can find a Rajni fan in the RTO! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 4016606)
What if one buys the car, and then the film bombs? Need for immediate repainting!

I doubt the movie will bomb, after all the rare rave reviews from the censor board! Even if the movie tanks, these lines and the passion will live longer than we can think. This car will have an aura among the Rajni fans years down the line.

Here is the video link of this Kabali Edition,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7DEXsUaxHA

At the end of this video, there is a disclaimer as well,

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-snap1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4016618)
I doubt the movie will bomb, after all the rare rave reviews from the censor board! Even if the movie tanks, these lines and the passion will live longer than we can think. This car will have an aura among the Rajni fans years down the line.

A similar hype was created at the time of "Baba" release. It sank without a trace!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 4016633)
A similar hype was created at the time of "Baba" release. It sank without a trace!

You do know that 'Khatam Khatam' is still one of the highly popular dialogues in Tamil Cinema.

Doesn't matter if the movie flops or runs. For a Rajini fan, this is always special.

My issue is with the sticker job prior to registration while putting on a transparent sun-film makes the cops go crazy.

Quote:

Wow! Marketing of Super Star film has reached different levels. The dealer could move few vehicles to the die hard Rajni fans. Though its sticker job, it takes some amount of courage from dealer to do this or he has got some bookings for this already!

With the kind of fan following Super Star Rajani has , it won't be a surprise that there would be more than one bidder for the car , especially if the film turns out well. Who knows may be this swift might become the costliest one ever to hit Indian roads. :)

If you thought the Swift "Kabali" Edition was outrageous, wait till you see this Lamborghini Gallardo "Kabali" Edition in Kuala Lumpur.

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-lamborghinikabalirajnikant1.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-lamborghinikabalirajnikant2.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-lamborghinikabalirajnikant5.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-lamborghinikabalirajnikant4.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-lamborghinikabalirajnikant8.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-lamborghinikabalirajnikant11.jpg

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-lamborghinikabalirajnikant9.jpg

Also, how about the number plate on this Audi?

Maruti Swift and other cars with 'Kabali' artwork-kabalinumberplate.jpg

Rush Lane

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4017038)
If you thought the Swift "Kabali" Edition was outrageous, wait till you see this Lamborghini Gallardo "Kabali" Edition in Kuala Lumpur...

That's insane. I don't think any other stars in India can think of such atrocious fan craze. For those who don't know, Malaysia has a very sizeable Tamil speaking population and also is a big market for Rajni movies.

Edit:: A quick search on Wiki tell me the size of Tamil speaking population in Malaysia = ~27, 43,922

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4017038)
...Also, how about the number plate on this Audi?...

I am still not sure this is genuine number (KA 8 AL 1). The car is spotted in Tamil Nadu (going by the green corporation buses) and is a KA registration. Not that it can't be done, but just thinking loud.