Team-BHP - Mercedes-AMG C43 4MATIC lands for homologation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes-AMG C43 4MATIC lands for homologation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178209-mercedes-amg-c43-4matic-lands-homologation.html)

Mercedes is now getting ready to introduce the AMG C 43 4MATIC, a more tamed version of the C 63 S which is already on sale in India.

Mercedes-AMG C43 4MATIC lands for homologation-capture.jpg

C43 is powered by a 3.0L V6 turbocharged petrol engine which churns out 362 HP @ 5500-6000 RPM and a torque of 520 Nm @ 2000-4200 RPM. Power is delivered to all four wheels (unlike C63 which is RWD) via 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission.

Car can hit 100 km/hr in 4.7 seconds from standstill and has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/hr.

Mercedes-AMG C43 4MATIC lands for homologation-2016mercedesc43amg01.jpg

Source: Zauba

** Mercedes had also brought in the cabriolet couple months back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna4Ever (Post 4017074)
Mercedes is now getting ready to introduce the AMG C 43 4MATIC, a more tamed version of the C 63 S which is already on sale in India.

Car can hit 100 km/hr in 4.7 seconds from standstill and has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/hr.

From what I have read, is that this car is pretty good. It might lack the brawn of the C63 but it is a more livable practical package and sweeter handling

Looks like a sweet car to buy if priced right - something I highly doubt Mercedes will do.

Worldwide this would compete with the 340i, S4 and the S60 Polestar.

However in India it basically is all alone and has no competitors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 4017365)
Looks like a sweet car to buy if priced right - something I highly doubt Mercedes will do.

Worldwide this would compete with the 340i, S4 and the S60 Polestar.

However in India it basically is all alone and has no competitors.

Pretty sure this will be priced between the Audi S5 - Mustang - Jaguar XFR.

Though they are all of different classes or segments, the price points will make them their competitors here. Since the S4 and S5 share the same engine, S5 is almost like a direct competitor.

If and when BMW and Jaguar launch their 340i and XE S, yeah things will get real interesting in performance sedans around this price bracket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetvar26 (Post 4017916)
Pretty sure this will be priced between the Audi S5 - Mustang - Jaguar XFR.

Though they are all of different classes or segments, the price points will make them their competitors here. Since the S4 and S5 share the same engine, S5 is almost like a direct competitor.

If and when BMW and Jaguar launch their 340i and XE S, yeah things will get real interesting in performance sedans around this price bracket.

The S5 is the previous gen and pretty old school in every way. Yes the grunt and transmission is pretty awesome but it really shouldn't be compared to this car which is from the newer gen C-Class.

At least I'm glad that Merc has decided to get it over. Not bad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 4017922)
The S5 is the previous gen and pretty old school in every way. Yes the grunt and transmission is pretty awesome but it really shouldn't be compared to this car which is from the newer gen C-Class.

At least I'm glad that Merc has decided to get it over. Not bad!

Of course it is old, they might bring the new S4/S5 to India. I mentioned them because they are similarly powered, not for the generational leap the new C is. The XFR available currently is pretty old as well.

I'm glad cars like S60 T6, Mustang V8, C43 are on Indian shores though. If they indeed are selling, we could also see the launch XE-S, 340i and the new S4/S5 over here. More choices for the consumer.

C43 AMG - 362HP/520Nm- AWD - 0-100 4.7 Secs
New S4 - 354HP/500Nm - AWD - 0-100 4.7 Secs
BMW 340i - 320HP/450Nm - RWD - 0-100 4.8 Secs
S60 Polestar - 345HP/500Nm - AWD - 0-100 5.1 Secs

Those are all the claimed figures I believe, I could be wrong on the numbers.
All the cars are Turbocharged, so it all comes down to the drive, brand preferences and price points.

Smart move by MBIL. They deliberately launched the C63 only in the S version to keep enough room for the C43 to come. Although logically it should be priced at par with the S5, I doubt it would be because that would make it exactly half the price of the C63S. It would cannibalize it.