Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2016, 08:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift DLX edition launched, adds more features to base trims

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Aah! The things that people like to show off about their cars. So typical Maruti.
What are you on about?

Power windows, central locking, music system with Bluetooth, fog lamps - are all functional additions. The body coloured ORVMs, door handles and blacked out B-pillars make the car look like a VXi (a bit more premium). Don't understand what can anyone 'show off' from this list. As far as I can see, it is good value.

I understand it is a Maruti special edition and we all like to hate them, but why criticize for the sake of criticizing?
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 10:47   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift DLX edition launched, adds more features to base trims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
What are you on about?

Power windows, central locking, music system with Bluetooth, fog lamps - are all functional additions. The body coloured ORVMs, door handles and blacked out B-pillars make the car look like a VXi (a bit more premium). Don't understand what can anyone 'show off' from this list. As far as I can see, it is good value.

I understand it is a Maruti special edition and we all like to hate them, but why criticize for the sake of criticizing?
You answered your query yourself "make the car look like a VXi (a bit more premium)"

Power windows: Functional, but not necessary. Can have, but not must have
Central locking: Functional, but not necessary. Can have, but not must have
Music system with Bluetooth: Definitely a show off feature. One can live with without having one.
Fog lamps: Agreed

So you see, none of the above are essential items (barring fog lamps). What "value" do they add, please enlighten. Less muscle fatigue of the hand to operate the windows, less muscle fatigue to lock, unlock the car maybe. Value add for a "special" edition would have been ABS, Airbags, Tachometer (the lower variants of Maruti didn't have them last time I checked), but anyway, Indians are more inclined towards "aesthetics".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks