Team-BHP - Maruti Swift DLX edition launched, adds more features to base trims
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Swift DLX edition launched, adds more features to base trims (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178227-maruti-swift-dlx-edition-launched-adds-more-features-base-trims.html)

The Maruti Suzuki Swift has received yet another special edition variant, called the Swift DLX. This new edition Swift is targeted at customers who want more features for their money, and are tight on budget. As a result, the Swift DLX will be available only in the base variants, but will offer additional features. The DLX variant comes at a premium of around Rs. 20,000 on the LXI and LDI variants.

Additional features added to the Swift DLX variant include a 2-DIN Sony music system, two front speakers, Bluetooth connectivity, power windows for all four doors, and central locking. Cosmetic changes on the outside include fog lamps, blacked out B-pillar, and body coloured door handles and ORVMs.

There aren’t any mechanical changes in the Swift DLX. As a result, it will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.2-litre K-Series petrol which makes 86 BHP and 115 Nm of torque and a 1.3-litre DDiS diesel which churns out 76 BHP and 190 Nm on tap. The transmission duties of both these engines are taken care of by a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Once Maruti's leading brand, the Swift is nearing the end of its lifespan. An ageing design, depleting novelty, and fresh stable companions like the Maruti Baleno have resulted in cannibalism of the Swift. With the next-gen Swift still a year away, Maruti appears to be trying to give the Swift's sales a much-needed push by introducing such limited editions.

Source: Autocar India

Maruti Swift DLX edition launched, adds more features to base trims-marutiswiftdlx.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Trust Maruti to literally do anything to push sales! They've managed to create a variant even between LXi and VXi. If it were up to them, they'd probably have a new variant for each incremental feature added.

But, it's Maruti and even this little gimmick will work; if not attracting new customers, it'll make serious prospects for LXi converted to this DLX version.

Thanks for the information dZired.

This new variant will offer a cost effective choice for the potential buyers without going for what taxi owners generally buy. I think this "non-taxi, cost effective" version will be received well.

DLX. DLX. That sounds very familiar. Aah yes, the Tata Indica!

I wonder if we are looking at the specs/features of Maruti's taxi offering when the new-gen Swift arrives? :cool:

When did swift have a rally based suspension system.
Height of Manipulation-Maruti you got to be kidding me!!

Ever since the introduction of ABS in the VDi ( not VDi(O) ) version, the demand for LDi has slumped. None of the dealers in hyderabad are claiming that they can deliver an Ldi swift before 6 months. This repels the customers from the lower variants of the swift.

If I remember correctly the only Ldi's being produced in the Maruti stable are Ritz and Swift Dzire Tour for the commercial segment. Even the Baleno Sigma variant has lesser demand compared to delta, alpha and zeta. Thus, all the lower versions demand an outrageous waiting period.

P.S.: I have booked a Swift LDi(O) exactly a couple of months ago by paying Rs.1000:D. Don't know if they would be able to deliver, as it has to be made on a request basis as per the RM.
I got repeated calls from the RM to confirm if I would continue with the booking or move on to a higher version.
I might consider cancelling the booking after this month.

Thanks & drive safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG (Post 4017545)
Height of Manipulation-Maruti you got to be kidding me!!

Remember the Football ad with Swift playing with it? I believe it was during the WC held in Japan/South Korea.

That is when this term was first introduced I think. Although the car itself has undergone various iterations and suspension being tuned to be more comfort oriented, the initial ones might have had them.

Considering that Swift was used in rally competitions, not entirely false.

Although does the car carry it now, is a question to be answered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 4018059)
Although the car itself has undergone various iterations and suspension being tuned to be more comfort oriented, the initial ones might have had them.

Considering that Swift was used in rally competitions, not entirely false.

Come on, let's not try to justify hogwash with even more hogwash.

- There is nothing rally-based about the Swift's suspension and there hasn't ever been. It's nearly identical to what you find in other mass market hatchbacks (including the Ritz). I've driven one of the earliest builds of the Swift (for our official review) and can tell you it wasn't then either.

- There's a night & day difference in the suspension tune of pure rally cars and showroom versions.

I foresee a lot of these DLX versions sold in Taxi market and also expect them to find buyers in self drive rentals like Zoomcar, etc.
The last car I had hired from zoomcar was a barebones Swift LDI variant with remote locking and audio system as an add-on.

But it is not just 20k over the normal variants. Normal variants come with some discounts and it is not usually less than 30k, and these special editions wont be offered any discount. So the difference would be at least 50k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4018075)
- There's a night & day difference in the suspension tune of pure rally cars and showroom versions.

My bad. Shouldn't have fallen for the ad and related it with the rally car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4017402)
Additional features added to the Swift DLX variant include a 2-DIN Sony music system, two front speakers, Bluetooth connectivity, power windows for all four doors, and central locking. Cosmetic changes on the outside include fog lamps, blacked out B-pillar, and body coloured door handles and ORVMs.

I'm wondering what now would be the difference between the LDi DLX and the VDi?

Is it really not wise to go for a new Swift just because it is going to be replaced next year? I thought most parts would still be similar, wrong? Will it be difficult to maintain it a long time forward?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 4019241)
Is it really not wise to go for a new Swift just because it is going to be replaced next year? I thought most parts would still be similar, wrong? Will it be difficult to maintain it a long time forward?

You will find no issues maintaining a discontinued swift for a very very long time. They have sold these 30k a month (Swift + DZire) for 5 to 6 years now.

Whether next gen will share parts, not sure. Most definitely it will share the same Diesel Engine from the Fiat, but about the rest, cannot be contemplated yet. This is because the 2nd Gen Swift wasn't much different from the first Gen and people are now tired of that look. So chances are, it could be a very different design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG (Post 4017545)

All cars in India come with a rally based suspension setup. How else do you think they survive on our crater-filled roads? :uncontrol

Back to the topic being discussed - What about airbags, ABS, etc.? Clearly these seem to be less important than body-coloured ORVMs and door handles? :Frustrati

Do any of you know if Maruti started taking booking for this car? All major dealers in Bangalore are clueless.

A friend of mine is very much interested if DLX is available on LXi (o) model. He already made up his mind to purchase Lxi (o), but now waiting for this to come out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4017402)
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has received yet another special edition variant, called the Swift DLX. This new edition Swift is targeted at customers who want more features for their money, and are tight on budget.

Aah! The things that people like to show off about their cars. So typical Maruti.

Another variant SafeX (SFX) that sits before V_i or Z_i maybe, Maruti?