Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 19:36   #226
BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Does anybody know if Transport Authorities in Delhi are giving NOC for transfer of diesel vehicles between 10-15 year old to other states ? Has anybody got it in the recent past ? If yes, please let me know the procedure and how much time it takes.
Got NOC for my 10+ year old Scorpio just 10 days back. The car had a VIP number, hence the authority was Mall Road (near Civil Lines). Even the RTO guys are a confused lot whether they can issue a NOC or not. But eventually got hold of the notification which mentions for which particular states the NOC can be issued for. I had almost given up the hope of selling my car for a decent sum but a last minute visit to the RTO solved this. After submitting the below mentioned documents, it took 15 days for the NOC to be issued. Please note this is a fairly simple process ( if you could get hold of a buyer from that particular district/state) and there is no fees/charges for this.

The docs you need for NOC:
1. Form 28 (3 Copies) with chassis number impression
2. Valid Insurance
3. Address Proof where you want the vehicle is to be transferred
4. Photocopy of RC

I am also attaching a pic (sorry for the poor quality) for the list of States & Districts the NOC can be issued for.

PM me if anyone has queries on this.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old-whatsapp-image-20171127-19.33.54.jpeg  

July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old-whatsapp-image-20171127-19.33.541.jpeg  

July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old-whatsapp-image-20171127-19.33.542.jpeg  

July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old-whatsapp-image-20171127-19.33.543.jpeg  

ScorpMan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 22:11   #227
BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Got NOC for my 10+ year old Scorpio just 10 days back. The car had a VIP number, hence the authority was Mall Road (near Civil Lines). Even the RTO guys are a confused lot whether they can issue a NOC or not. But eventually got hold of the notification which mentions for which particular states the NOC can be issued for. I had almost given up the hope of selling my car for a decent sum but a last minute visit to the RTO solved this. After submitting the below mentioned documents, it took 15 days for the NOC to be issued. Please note this is a fairly simple process ( if you could get hold of a buyer from that particular district/state) and there is no fees/charges for this.

The docs you need for NOC:
1. Form 28 (3 Copies) with chassis number impression
2. Valid Insurance
3. Address Proof where you want the vehicle is to be transferred
4. Photocopy of RC

I am also attaching a pic (sorry for the poor quality) for the list of States & Districts the NOC can be issued for.

PM me if anyone has queries on this.
Thanks for the valuable information. Where did you get the list of the States where the vehicle can be transferred. Is it available online somewhere ? Please post the url if you have it.
Actually I also have a Scorpio which is 13 yr old and I wanted an NOC for it.
Thanks once again.
Old 28th November 2017, 09:28   #228
BHPian

Got the list from RTO only. I would suggest you to act immediately.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 10:49   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Got the list from RTO only. I would suggest you to act immediately.
Found the Order on the Official Govt Website here :
http://it.delhigovt.nic.in/writeread...r201775329.pdf
Old 28th November 2017, 11:10   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Found the Order on the Official Govt Website here :
http://it.delhigovt.nic.in/writeread...r201775329.pdf
One important point to be noted in the order is that ban is suggested on vehicles older than 15 years with BS-I or BS-II emission norms.

So seems like no worry for the BS-III and BS-IV owners at the moment.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 28th November 2017 at 11:31.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 14:46   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
One important point to be noted in the order is that ban is suggested on vehicles older than 15 years with BS-I or BS-II emission norms.

Vehicles older than 15 years and with BS-I or BS-II norms are supposed to be straightway scrapped and there is no provision of NOC at all! The rest, could be lawfully transferred as governed by the NOC regulation but these are very much under ban (as per the order) in Delhi-NCR if it is more than 10 years old.
Kandisa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 14:48   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Does that mean I can sell my BS3 Tucson without worrying about this NOC?
Old 28th November 2017, 21:01   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Does that mean I can sell my BS3 Tucson without worrying about this NOC?
What I could interpret from the order text is that NOC is still needed but the vehicles with BS-IV and BS-III norms are eligible to get it whereas vehicles with BS-I and II are not even eligible to apply.

Another point I see is that even if rule of banning 10 or 15 years old vehicles is implemented anytime, the vehicles with BS-III or or atleast BS-IV norms may get exempted from the ban with some additional terms and conditions like regular pollution checkup and so on.

Even right now the BS-IV vehicles are getting PUC certificate valid for one year whereas BS-III or older vehicles get certificate valid for just 6 months. So I think there is some hopes left for the owners having vehicles with better emission norms.

Not an expert of the law, this is just my personal opinion so would like if some experts could shed some light on it.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 28th November 2017 at 21:04.
Old 29th November 2017, 13:08   #234
BHPian

Quote:

My cousin came to pick me up from Delhi airport in an Innova which is 10 years and 1 month old. We got stopped by cops once at the airport and again a second time just a few kms away. Both times the cops said since the Innova is over 10 years old it cannot be used anymore in Delhi.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 14:38   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
My cousin came to pick me up from Delhi airport in an Innova which is 10 years and 1 month old. We got stopped by cops once at the airport and again a second time just a few kms away. Both times the cops said since the Innova is over 10 years old it cannot be used anymore in Delhi.
I have been regularly going to the Delhi Airport in my 13 year old Scorpio and have never been stopped. When was this ? And did they let you go after that ? Did they Challan or take a bribe ?
Maybe now they have started checking, in that case I'll avoid taking the Scorpio to the Airport.

Last edited by Styler : 29th November 2017 at 14:39.
Old 29th November 2017, 14:43   #236
BHPian

Quote:
I have been regularly going to the Delhi Airport in my 13 year old Scorpio and have never been stopped. When was this ? And did they let you go after that ? Did they Challan or take a bribe ?
Maybe now they have started checking, in that case I'll avoid taking the Scorpio to the Airport.
This was 2 weeks ago. They were very polite, did not ask for money. Only let us off with a warning saying car could be impounded next time.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 07:28   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

So the unfortunately named justice of the ngt has retired. Can we expect some sense to come out now?
Old 20th December 2017, 07:31   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
So the unfortunately named justice of the ngt has retired. Can we expect some sense to come out now?
Given the growing concern about the continuous deterioration of our air, and complete inaction from our government on this issue even today, I doubt that any of his judgements will be reversed since private car buyers are the easiest target without any chance of them forming unions, protesting or playing any part in voting out governments.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 15:23   #239
BHPian

Just 4 states?
Was expecting at least Haryana/ Punjab to come up in the list.
Is government providing some sort of compensation for 30% reduced vehicle life?
Any road tax refunds or tax benefits on trashing these old vehicles in liu of new ones?

Thx
Spark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 15:01   #240
BHPian

Anyone has any news if Punjab/Haryana has opened up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks