Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 22:23   #316
BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

Does any one has any update on the appeal in supreme Court regarding the ban ?

If they do intend to go ahead, will RTO refund the 5 year road tax since they have collected for 15 years
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 22:47   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
Does any one has any update on the appeal in supreme Court regarding the ban ?

If they do intend to go ahead, will RTO refund the 5 year road tax since they have collected for 15 years
Not a very opportune time for this appeal to come up. I doubt anything will change though.
Old 20th November 2021, 14:43   #318
Senior - BHPian

Older diesel vehicles are permitted to be fixed with the electric kit and run
https://www.carandbike.com/news/kejr...ndtv_topscroll
But I wonder how do they make sure that the converted vehicles are road worthy. Entire power delivery pattern changes and this requires tuning to the braking system.
Old 20th November 2021, 22:13   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Older diesel vehicles are permitted to be fixed with the electric kit and run
https://www.carandbike.com/news/kejr...ndtv_topscroll
But I wonder how do they make sure that the converted vehicles are road worthy. Entire power delivery pattern changes and this requires tuning to the braking system.
Great. So now, the neighborhood cng installer will branch out, and we'll have electrocution to add to deaths caused by burning cars.

Acknowledging a lack of awareness, because I couldn't find info on this, but has any firm developed such a system which can transplanted without limitations of the kind of car that comes in?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 09:46   #320
Senior - BHPian

Well electrification of power train or rather swapping of motors is a different ballgame as compared to adding CNG kit to the vehicle.
One this thing hasn't picked up pace like CNG-fication. Second not sure how will such swap affect the vehicle dynamics & safety.

While CNG with a blend of bio-gas (~bio-CNG) may have a longer future, especially in India & the costs will remain reasonable, I'm not sure swapping motors can be as cheap & environment friendly.

I also believe fuel cells will soon be in vogue in west followed by developing nations. In my opinion, we are looking at technology like the steam cars of a last century.

Lesser be said about bubble life policy & bird brains of politicians supplemented by equally idiotic judiciary. In the end, common man & sense suffers.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:26   #321
Senior - BHPian

2 advocates who challenged the NGT ruling in the Supreme court were penalized 8 lakhs. Shows how the SC was not inclined to allow any appeal to the NGT order.

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...-8-lakh-395638
Old 18th May 2022, 16:48   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
2 advocates who challenged the NGT ruling in the Supreme court were penalized 8 lakhs. Shows how the SC was not inclined to allow any appeal to the NGT order.

Tribune
What they need to file an appeal is for refund of excess road tax. Saying this judgement is illegal and void is futile at this stage. It's been already 6 years since this judgement was pronounced.

What they should've asked were directions, from court to the central government asking for reports which say this rule has been effective in curbing pollution.

If they say it has been effective, I'll be more than happy to scrap my car.

At this point (whoever can), it's better to move out from this area than to crib against the rule. Heat in summers and pollution in winters. Both to the extreme. To be honest, it's not livable anymore.
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 18:00   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
What they need to file an appeal is for refund of excess road tax. Saying this judgement is illegal and void is futile at this stage. It's been already 6 years since this judgement was pronounced.

What they should've asked were directions, from court to the central government asking for reports which say this rule has been effective in curbing pollution.

If they say it has been effective, I'll be more than happy to scrap my car.
You've hit the nail on the head. We need to ask the NGT to provide data to prove its been successful (spoiler alert: it's not) and/or refund citizens for excess taxes collected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks