Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2006, 09:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I've made a booking but not sure if I'll take the delivery.
Why on earth would you do something like booking a car & not take delivery? I can understand that in a Real Estate scenario but for cars ??
Old 6th October 2006, 09:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Eye-popping? IMO, No ..

Isnt it normal? News about the Verna launch is not new - there has been enough publicity, updates, and now the car is available for test drives.

People who have been waiting to buy a new car in this segment would have waited. Plus it is the festive season. Quite logical that people have checked out the car, found it good, and booked it. Didnt the same happen with the Swift?

Now, reg the figures quoted by Hyundai, let's factor in their exports - if they have added that too.

Like Speedzak says, there would be cancellations too ..

Personally, I find it hard to believe that RTO approval for registration has not yet happened. Wouldnt that be part of the product development process? If the approval doesnt happen, will Hyundai take the product off their line-up? And any delay in such an approval is only going to hurt Hyundai .. they would have taken care of it before getting the car to the showrooms.
Old 6th October 2006, 10:07   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Personally, I find it hard to believe that RTO approval for registration has not yet happened. Wouldnt that be part of the product development process?
Sound like total crap, if the ARAI have approved the car and issued a compliance certificate then the RTO needs to comply

Probably some racketeering going on
Old 6th October 2006, 10:22   #34
BHPian

Hyundai Verna not for exports

Verna is not for exports as per the article:

http://www.domain-b.com/companies/co...7_exports.html

Chennai: Even as it exports the Accent, its mid-sized car from India, Hyundai Motor India Limited says it will not export the recently launched premium Verna, which also belongs to the mid-size segment.

According to managing director and CEO Heung Soo Lheem, the Verna is also being rolled out from Hyundai's plants in Korea, China and Turkey, apart from India. Theae plants will take care of Verna's export markets.
Old 6th October 2006, 11:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Sound like total crap, if the ARAI have approved the car and issued a compliance certificate then the RTO needs to comply

Most likely.

I was given the same dumb reason by the Honda dealer while waiting for the first batch of NHC-ZX (took more than a week).
Old 6th October 2006, 11:23   #36
Jay
BHPian

Well the CRDi engines have become very popular in India, hence one can expect most of the sales to be of the Diesel variant... Petrol Verna ???
Old 6th October 2006, 12:45   #37
BHPian

Verna sold nearly 4,000 last month,right?
Old 6th October 2006, 12:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

In all probability it's just that the hafta must have not reached yet or maybe hasn't reached in its entirety.
Old 6th October 2006, 13:35   #39
Team-BHP Support

The cars waiting to be delivered in ludhiana had RTO issued temporary number plates(In punjab you dont get the Reg number immediately, you get temp number first). So this RTO thing is crap, mostly to justify wait times.
Old 17th October 2006, 10:46   #40
BHPian

Hyundai Verna blitzes India - 5000 cars sold within a fortnight

Source: http://www.indiaprwire.com/pressrele...0061016791.htm

The same news is published in hyundai's official website http://www.hyundai.co.in in the "Press Releases" section.

Hyundai Motor India’s recently launched Verna is a runaway success having sold more than 5,000 cars in the first fortnight itself. The Verna launched on the 25th of last month combines international styling, power packed performance, luxurious interiors and high-end safety features.
The car, which was very well received across the globe came to India riding on a host of expectations. These expectations have been more than matched. Commenting on the unprecedented rush of bookings an elated Mr. H.S. Lheem, MD HMIL said, “We knew that we had a winner in the Verna. The car has won plaudits abroad and we are glad that our Indian customers too are happy with Verna. We at Hyundai have consistently worked at ensuring that we give our customers the best value for money in all our product offerings.” He added, “the number of bookings that the Verna has garnered in such a short time is but an indicator of the many milestones that this car will set in the country.”

The Verna with its fresh looks and a distinctively sporty styling is all about a sedan which is new, elegant, practical and safe. The sleek exterior styling of the Verna is contemporary and very European in design with neat and well proportioned lines, a harmonic frontal treatment, with an integrated full width lower air dam which has been specifically tailored to reflect all around symmetry. The forward placed trapezoidal radiator grill with tasteful use of chrome adds a warm touch to the front end styling while blending perfectly into the hood and bumper configuration, making them the unique front styling elements of Verna.

The Verna is powered by a 1.5 litre, common rail direct injection, VGT diesel which generates a whopping 110 PS as maximum power and a refined, performance oriented. 4 cylinder, 1.6 litre petrol with a maximum power output of 103 PS. Both the engines reflect Hyundai’s state-of-the-art technology which translates in to a superb driving experience.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 17th October 2006 at 10:54.
Old 17th October 2006, 10:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

This is official PR. I'd prefer to wait for industry stats - maybe Joz can help out?
Old 17th October 2006, 10:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Where are the missing Vernas??????

OK, I've been hearing about runaway sales blitzes etc etc but can someone tell me where the cars are???? 5000 sold and I just saw the first one this morning, that too unregistered!

Can someone knowledgeable please shed some light on this mystery?

Where is the blitz taking place, not on Need for Speed I hope ???

Cheers!

Last edited by suman : 17th October 2006 at 10:54.
Old 17th October 2006, 10:55   #43
BHPian

yeah thats what i am wondering 5000 sold where,the only hyundai verna i saw in mumbai was the test drive car with the horses painted at the sides
Old 17th October 2006, 10:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

This is good news, I like verna for sure but I am not looking for sedan I prefer premium hatch like (swift/getz/pailo..) and SUV/MUV (innova/tavera etc..) will be value buy always compared to Sedan any time.
Old 17th October 2006, 11:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Okay we have a reliable source - The Hindu Business Line - saying that HMIL's domestic sales for Sep 2006 were up 14% when compared the same period last year.

The report goes on to say that 2,043 Vernas were sold in the first 5 days.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/businessli...s/02041809.htm

http://www.domain-b.com/companies/co...004_sales.html

I would assume that a bulk of these sales are DIESEL and therefore down south.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks