Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 11:04   #46
BHPian

Has any one among the Team-BHP family taken delivery of the car? It is too confusing to hear the news about good sales but I too havent seen any Verna in Bangalore. I think the figures show the bookings made so far, but the delivery may take around 3-4 weeks time.
Old 17th October 2006, 11:22   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I would assume that a bulk of these sales are DIESEL and therefore down south.
That's right - the four southern states will lap up the diesels like always. I see lots of new Verna CRDis in Chennai everyday.
Old 17th October 2006, 11:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

You see a lot of Hyundai cars on Bangalore roads. Going by that, we should have spotted atleast fifty!! I saw just one VGT in Koramangala the other day.
Old 17th October 2006, 12:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
That's right - the four southern states will lap up the diesels like always. I see lots of new Verna CRDis in Chennai everyday.
i cannot second that. i am yet to see one with a number plate on. the technique with these auto guys is that, they will clear a mass amount to their dealers/depots & claim to have been sold. this usuall happens at the end of a quarter or half year, just to boost their sales figures. but i am not saying that hyundai has done the same with the verna here. they might have had a few bookings, but not yet on the road yet. cheers
Old 17th October 2006, 12:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

I saw a black verna at vijaynagar ,bangalore .It was looking as though it was in shealth mode
Old 17th October 2006, 12:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
OK, I've been hearing about runaway sales blitzes etc etc but can someone tell me where the cars are???? 5000 sold and I just saw the first one this morning, that too unregistered!

Can someone knowledgeable please shed some light on this mystery?
It would be pretty tough to spot 5000-odd cars (dunno if 5k cars are actually on the road or just have been booked) amongst the millions that throng our roads everyday, unless they look something like the reva (or maybe the NHC/Civic).

The same case happened with the Fiesta too, and now since over the year the numbers have increased (from a few K to 10s of Ks), one can see them everywhere.

PS - saw a black one on MG-Road, and two red ones on the DND.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 17th October 2006 at 12:51.
Old 17th October 2006, 12:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

In one of the showrooms here 5 verna (petrol n diesel) were sold on first 2 days of its launch n only 3 sold in next 12 days....
One CRDi sold on the 1st day came back with a non functional reverse gear....

Really where is the blitz taking place????
Old 17th October 2006, 13:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Goldie, just to put things in perspective, Ford were not claiming 5000 Fiesta bookings in 2 weeks when we had that discussion on the "missing Fiestas" .......I've been seeing highly exaggerated Hyundai sales numbers (exports, domestic, everything lol!!!) on this forum for the past month and thought it was time to ask for a clarification

Last edited by suman : 17th October 2006 at 13:22.
Old 17th October 2006, 13:26   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

5000 Vernas in 15 days. Sez Who? Hyundai? Well.....

Good cars aside, anything Hyundai claims is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Believeable only if the SIAM backs this claim up with their monthly sales figures.
Old 17th October 2006, 13:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
OK, I've been hearing about runaway sales blitzes etc etc but can someone tell me where the cars are???? 5000 sold and I just saw the first one this morning, that too unregistered!
I agree. Till date, I have seen only one Verna on the road (a Maroon one) in Chennai.

BTW, Adarsh, looks like you are planning to launch a thread for every sales milestone announced by Hyundai.
You created one for the sales figures for the 1st five days http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ght=vernacular
and now this for the fortnightly sales.
Waiting for the monthly sales announcement.
Old 17th October 2006, 13:55   #56
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: threads merged, thanks SupremeBaleno
Old 17th October 2006, 14:07   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Till date, I have seen only one Verna on the road (a Maroon one) in Chennai.
Quote:
i am yet to see one with a number plate on
Somehow, the routes we take everyday seem to cover the entire city of Chennai, don't they?
Old 17th October 2006, 14:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Somehow, the routes we take everyday seem to cover the entire city of Chennai, don't they?
Right. So based on the fact that a few members havent seen enough Vernas tsk is quite open to taking published fact for propoganda and heresay for fact.

Unless we have reason to prove otherwise, the revised title is quite deprecating and patronising - definitely not 'moderate' in tone.

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th October 2006 at 14:16.
Old 17th October 2006, 14:28   #59
Team-BHP Support

Actually its propaganda, as hyundai admit they include export figures in their sales figures. This is mentioned in the third or fourth post in this thread.
Verna is actually selling well(I saw 2-3 deliveries in the first weekend of launch in ludhiana), but including exports in "sales figures" confuse and mislead the consumer.

Though they make really great cars, as far as advertising is concerned, Hyundai have shown time and again that they can go to any levels.
for example
1. Santro owners are more educated/travel abroad more etc., etc.,
2. 5 vs 4 issue on seating
3. Swift vs santro comparo campaign etc.,

I have changed the title to be more befitting, and not to sound patronizing, but one thing is a fact "Hyundai sales figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt".
Only industry official sales figures will throw more light.

In the links mentioned, they talk about overseas sales figures and domestic sales figures together.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 17th October 2006 at 14:31.
Old 17th October 2006, 14:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

but one thing is a fact "Hyundai sales figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt".

Perhaps, but do we have access to information to the contrary? No.

Only industry official sales figures will throw more light.

That is correct. Until we have those it would be right to call this a "claim", not "propoganda".

In the links mentioned, they talk about overseas sales figures and domestic sales figures together.

The links I have provided seem to differentiate between domestic and overseas sales. To quote:

Hyundai Motor India Ltd on Wednesday reported a 14.1 per cent increase in domestic sales at 16,415 vehicles in September, as compared to the same month last year.

The company said its cumulative sales during the month stood at 26,492 units, up 11.5 per cent from September 2005. Sales in the overseas market in September stood at 10,077 units, a growth of 7.5 per cent over the previous year.

The point has been made, let us not discuss this any further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks