Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2006, 11:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Just saw one properly. Man, its look pretty small! The pictures suggest otherwise, but in person....its a pretty tiny car.
GTO which color? White?

I have seen white and maroon color. White looks small but the maroon one looked bigger.
Old 18th October 2006, 14:09   #77
BHPian

I've been offered 4.25 lakhs for my Accent GLE (purchased on June 2005) as an exchange price with any Verna model from the dealership. My car has completed 50,000 kms and is still in very good condition. Warranty will expire only on June 2007. I've posted a report in the forum:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-report.html

My preference would be the Verna Petrol (Xi variant). Is this a good deal or should I wait till the warranty expires?
Old 18th October 2006, 15:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
I've been offered 4.25 lakhs for my Accent GLE (purchased on June 2005) as an exchange price with any Verna model from the dealership. My car has completed 50,000 kms and is still in very good condition. Warranty will expire only on June 2007. I've posted a report in the forum:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-report.html

My preference would be the Verna Petrol (Xi variant). Is this a good deal or should I wait till the warranty expires?
4.25 lakhs is a bloody good price. Take it while they're offering it as you will not get more for your car as it grows older.

Take the money or regret at leisure.
Old 18th October 2006, 15:36   #79
Senior - BHPian

It is just the initial enthu like the one when Getz was launched!
In the long run, the competition will get the better of it and wallop the sales charts!
Old 18th October 2006, 15:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Haven't seen a single customer owned Verna yet. Saw one demo car a few days back on the thane creek bridge and saw another one on display inside Center One mall in Vashi. Where are all the sold Verna's hiding?
Old 18th October 2006, 15:43   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Is this a good deal or should I wait till the warranty expires?
What do you think Adarsh? Do you think its a good deal? To me its one hell of a deal....to good to be true if you ask me so as Steer says, take it and run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Where are all the sold Verna's hiding?
Shhhhhh Amit, they're asleep, you may wake them up

Last edited by suman : 18th October 2006 at 15:45.
Old 18th October 2006, 15:47   #82
BHPian

Well I know its a good deal. Gotta convince my father now. But there has been no proper test drive report on the Verna Petrol yet. Autocar has said it be better in performance than the Honda City but doesnt quite have its back seat comfort. But no reports on its mileage figures. The car is running very smoothly, thats why I'm in two minds.

Well I have one week time to reply them. Let me see if something happens.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 18th October 2006 at 15:50.
Old 18th October 2006, 16:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Somehow, the routes we take everyday seem to cover the entire city of Chennai, don't they?
well, for one, i am not a cab driver, nor am i a bus conductor. nor am i working in hyundai factory or showrooms. i commute to work & back & i get to travel in the kind of places where every damn new car released is seen on the same day itself & so far i have not come across a verna, not saying that it isn't a good car or that hyundai is lying about their sales figures, just what i know, thats all.
Old 18th October 2006, 17:00   #84
BHPian

Primary Sales May Be???

This sounds irrational -- Hyundai claiming that they have sold 5k cars and several of us not seeing any / few cars on road.

One reason is that manufacturers' figures are the sales they have made to the dealers and not sales to ultimate customers.

So if Hyundai has sold 5k cars and we dont see many on road it probably means that the offtake by customers is a bit slow; at least initially.

A trend of a few months' sales numbers would indicate what the situation really is.

Also, the car is quite "missable" in traffic; it has a smallish appearance and is definitely not a "looker". Perhaps this could be the reason for all the confusion over the "no Verna Spotted" syndrome.

Lets hope that this is just our perception and more cars on road soon.
Old 18th October 2006, 17:04   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Just saw one properly. Man, its look pretty small! The pictures suggest otherwise, but in person....its a pretty tiny car.
day before yesterday, i was returning from Nagercoil and saw this maroon verna crdi test drive car in front of me....it seemed so small that my father replied its smaller than fiesta!!!.......there was this huge space for placing the number plate in the boot and what came to my mind was this - 2 DIN Number Plate .....it was horrible.....but the tail-lamps were of good design

couldnt see the front as i was GOing FIDA and it seemed like half the horses were asleep in the verna
Old 18th October 2006, 17:16   #86
BHPian

saw one today near phoenix mills initially i thought it was a corsa and it was the dirty brown colour
Old 18th October 2006, 22:39   #87
BHPian

I have seen quite a few in Hyderabad...around 8-9 already but the strange thing is all of them except one has been the diesel.

Are there no takers for the petrol?
Old 19th October 2006, 10:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white yesterday and another maroon today.
As others mentioned, it is a missable car in traffic. Maybe the reason why many of us did not "see" it on the road. Has a sort of Corsa(front) + Viva (rear) look. My personal feeling is that, it does not do justice in the looks department, as far as being an Accent replacement is considered. Does not have the road presence that the Accent has. But then we can blame it on the new design trend (Cab forward, taller etc), right ?
Old 19th October 2006, 11:00   #89
BHPian

Hyundai :-)
They have come up with a good car, but will it be a winner? Only time will tell.
I have driven the NHC, Aveo and the Fiesta and the City looks so much classier than the Fiesta from inside though the Aveo isint too far off. The Verna on the other hand looks a bit drab as compared to the competition. So thats one immediate draw back.
As long as the engine is good, gear box is slick and steering is precise any car will do good in its segment. Will the Verna have all of this? I can vouch for the engine for sure, though Huyndais dont have a rep of being driver centric cars I hope this one proves me wrong.
The desi public just want to know "average kya hai"? The answer to the question will decide if the Verna is a winner or another write-off.
Old 20th October 2006, 00:27   #90
BHPian

i was thinking abt the same thing while driving today. 5k Vernas sold already but none of them on the road yet. within 5 mins, i see a maroon CRDi verna being driven very carefully by an uncleji...so carefully that he blocked 3 lanes at the round-about. in karol bagh market car audio market, a brand new, just out-of-the-showroom Silver CRDi Verna getting ready to be ICEd up. getting out of the car audio lane to the main market, one frustrated aunty almost losing it while taking it out of the parking [to be fair, it was a mad-rush at the market today]. while returning home, one dirt green color parked with hazard lights on. believe me it looked crap in that color. i dont know whythe hell did the dude buy it in that color.

Verdict:
+ Verna is selling.
+ It looks good in Maroon.
+ It looks crap in that dirt color thing...
+ I am waiting to see it in white. I am sure it will look a bomb.
+ All the Vernas sold are almost CRDis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks