Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2006, 02:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma
+ All the Vernas sold are almost CRDis.
They take time to grow up into CRDi? Or is Hyundai selling half-baked cars?

Sorry - couldnt resist!
Old 21st October 2006, 16:24   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma
Verdict:
+ Verna is selling.
+ It looks good in Maroon.
+ It looks crap in that dirt color thing...
+ I am waiting to see it in white. I am sure it will look a bomb.
+ All the Vernas sold are almost CRDis.
thats a cool verdict. You're absolutely right. Verna and Accent both look dirty in maroon color. And white looks great in both. But I'm waiting for a black Verna. I dont like the black one in Accent.

By the way have you seen the picture of a light blue Verna? I guess it also looks cool.
Old 2nd November 2006, 13:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

Even with Verna, NHC has managed to meet its monthly quota: 3673 NHC units in Oct 06.
(BTW, Civic has managed 1726 in the same period)

Source: http://www.rupya.com/archives/2006/1...es-number.html
Old 2nd November 2006, 15:49   #94
BHPian

Verna petrols in Bangalore

A close friend of mine is still waiting for his Verna (top-end petrol variant) delivery after booking one nearly 3 weeks ago. This is in Bangalore, by the way.

I don't know which dealership he went to (I think it might be Trident), but the reason they give for the slow roll-outs of the Verna's petrol variants (at least the top-end one, to my knowledge), is that the car comes with automatic/individual (not sure which) climate control, which is not being manufactured indigenously. Therefore, these variants are slow to deliver cause I think they've not yet left the plants yet!

I've already seen quite a few diesel variants....I personally don't like the look of the Verna, although I do think it would look great/better in white. The front headlamps remind me of a Dodge Neon and the contours are too 'rounded' for my taste.

Other than that, I think the engines are great and probably very tune-able/upgrade-able. So who wants to void some warranties and put in a turbo in those petrols, huh? Come on guys....I know u want to!!

Peace.
Old 2nd November 2006, 18:13   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy
Even with Verna, NHC has managed to meet its monthly quota: 3673 NHC units in Oct 06.
Hmmm - the NHC used to do 4,500 units earlier.
Old 3rd November 2006, 04:19   #96
BHPian

Well guys verna crdi has no rivals in its leage well i like the looks of the car its looks like a cute BUG interior is more roomy than aveo and fiesta well Iam selling my Indigo Lx to get Verna........before Verna was Launched I was planing to choose between Aveo or Fiesta deisel........aftr i drove Verna i said i want this car..... i was looking for a diesel car with amazing power + good avg....and to add it has good interior also.well hyundai is very good in sales and service.....just waitng for my car colour mostly red and going to add 15 inc chrome mags with 205 tyres.....u can just imagine, How hot the Car will look........Well i read the review in many magazines and that made me more firm to buy this car........well wish me luck i get my car soon waiting period is 2 to 3 weeks.......
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Hmmm - the NHC used to do 4,500 units earlier.
Not sure if NHC did more than 4k consistently.
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:23   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
Yup. They always used to hover between 3-4K on an average. However, after launch of the ZX version, they did sell at an average of 4-5k for first 2-3 months.
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:44   #99
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
In the whole, of 2005, It was only in March they did more than 4K. Else it was usually around 3200 - 3400. In 2006, they sold more than 4K units in Jan, March and April. But the last few months of 2006 it sold only around 3200 units on an average.

On whether the Verna caused a dent in the City's sales, I think it did but by a small margin. Shall come back with exact figures. But will take sometime. Travelling for the next 2 weeks.

I see a whole lot of Verna on road these days. See atleast 5/7 everyday while going to work.

But whats more interesting is the Civic numbers: over 8K since launch in July. The corolla made only about 4K units in the 1st seven months of the year.
Old 6th November 2006, 15:33   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Well I know its a good deal. Gotta convince my father now. But there has been no proper test drive report on the Verna Petrol yet. Autocar has said it be better in performance than the Honda City but doesnt quite have its back seat comfort. But no reports on its mileage figures. The car is running very smoothly, thats why I'm in two minds.

Well I have one week time to reply them. Let me see if something happens.
Adarsh, did you go for the deal and book the new Verna? Or are you waiting for the warranty on your current Accent to expire?
Old 6th November 2006, 16:18   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99
Adarsh, did you go for the deal and book the new Verna? Or are you waiting for the warranty on your current Accent to expire?
Nope I can't buy Verna now due to budget problems. May be I'll wait till the warranty expires. I know that will affect the resale value of my car but it's not possible now to buy Verna. It was good if Verna 1.4 was produced in India.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 6th November 2006 at 16:20.
Old 6th November 2006, 17:11   #102
Senior - BHPian

Same here.. Since the last few days, I am spotting atleast 4-5 Verna's everyday in Bangalore. Saw a red one today morning and it looked nice
Old 8th November 2006, 00:09   #103
BHPian

adarsh, do you believe that verna selling will maintain same as nhc in future?describe in detail suspension diff. between nhc and verna and it's performance
Old 8th November 2006, 10:30   #104
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Had ordered a verna xi with abs around 2-3 weeks back. was told that deliveries for the abs model would take about 2 weeks. Was expecting the car during the first week of november.

when i checked last week - i was told that hyundai are not shipping any cars because of the rains. when I called on monday, i was told that the abs model is not under production yet, as the abs kits are only expected during the first week of nov and only then will they start production. so I shud expect my car in another 2-3 weeks.

Has anybody else been fed this crap from hyundai?

SG

Last edited by BikerSG : 8th November 2006 at 10:34.
Old 8th November 2006, 10:38   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvnbhatt
adarsh, do you believe that verna selling will maintain same as nhc in future?describe in detail suspension diff. between nhc and verna and it's performance
Yes, the Verna Diesel will sell consistently till there is a good car similar to it will get launched.

For the petrol Verna it will have its own healthy sales figures but may be a bit less than the Honda City's sales figures. People are now getting more informative and cost conscious which will be a positive thing to hyundai. But Honda's brand image will not let down the sales figures of their cars.

For me personally brand image is not at all important. It's the overall factor which is important. Primary concerns for me are service levels and running costs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks