Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2006, 11:12   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG
i was told that hyundai are not shipping any cars because of the rains. Has anybody else been fed this crap from hyundai?
If they give this crap to people up North or in other states, it would be a little believable. Not shipping their cars to Madras due to rains !!! What can be more stupid an excuse ? I mean, how far is the factory from the city ? 20 odd kms ??

Can't really understand the game Hyundai is playing. They claim huge sales in the initial intro period which is not reflected in the cars on road. Deliveries to customers are also being delayed.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 8th November 2006 at 11:13.
Old 9th November 2006, 22:28   #107
BHPian

Late Verna-petrol deliveries

I earlier threw out there that petrol variants of the Verna are slow to roll out (in BLR, at least) due to the need for import of components such as individual climate control, etc.

A close friend of mine finally got delivery of his top-end petrol variant Verna (VXXI, I believe) today, after nearly 3 weeks of waiting!

Seems Hyundai is being pretty sluggish about ALL the roll-outs....and for dumb reasons too - my friend told me that even small knick-knacks, such as a steel trim over the license plate for eg, is being imported!

But jokes apart, the Verna does look dam' nice up close...aggressive and better styling than the Aveo, and it does look great in white! Interiors are also pretty impressive, although I wouldn't exactly call them 'roomy'. But hell, u want room in a car, get a dam' Rolls Royce!!
Old 10th November 2006, 14:45   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420
But jokes apart, the Verna does look dam' nice up close...aggressive and better styling than the Aveo, and it does look great in white! Interiors are also pretty impressive, although I wouldn't exactly call them 'roomy'. But hell, u want room in a car, get a dam' Rolls Royce!!
Saw a black Verna today for the first time. Myself and two friends immediately termed "Excellent".
Old 10th November 2006, 17:00   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Can't really understand the game Hyundai is playing. They claim huge sales in the initial intro period which is not reflected in the cars on road. Deliveries to customers are also being delayed.
I must say Supreme, There are a lot of Verna's on bangalore roads. I commute from airport to the City centre everyday and in the last week I have seen an average of 2 verna's everyday. Today, I saw a red and a black.

The car does not have a lot of street presence though,.It appears to be tiny akin to the corsa... maybe I am biased remember I own a Baleno
Old 11th November 2006, 02:12   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
I must say Supreme, There are a lot of Verna's on bangalore roads. I commute from airport to the City centre everyday and in the last week I have seen an average of 2 verna's everyday. Today, I saw a red and a black.

The car does not have a lot of street presence though,.It appears to be tiny akin to the corsa... maybe I am biased remember I own a Baleno
verna's strength--
1--good suspension and lower speed driving comfort than nhc
2--better plasic quality
3--good a/c
4--build is solid,can sustain minor thrust(nhc gets dent on minor hit)
5--good after sale service

weaknesses---
1--front look
2---seats low level
3--rear seat comfort never matches nhc
Old 11th November 2006, 09:05   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvnbhatt
verna's strength--
weaknesses---
1--front look
2---seats low level
3--rear seat comfort never matches nhc
I may be part of a minority, but I actually like the way the verna's front looks. And I generally prefer a lower seating position. Makes me feel safer I guess.
Old 13th November 2006, 17:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I may be part of a minority, but I actually like the way the verna's front looks.
I am with you on this one. Personally, I love the front looks of the Verna. The rear looks really bland and the higher spec versions with that big chrome strip at the back looks really UGLY.
Old 13th November 2006, 22:05   #113
BHPian

After seeing a Black and Cream coloured Verna I guess its quite good in looks. The White doesnt look great from the rear. Side looks are ok.
Old 14th November 2006, 00:02   #114
BANNED

hi

Oh boy the verna looks like a pregnant accent .. lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks