Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2016, 18:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Mercedes, My Service - Digital interactions, fast service and service plans up to 200,000 km

Mercedes-Benz India has introduced a new service program in India, named 'My Mercedes - My Service'. This new program is aimed at easing the overall service experience of the customers by making the process digitalized. The 'My Mercedes - My Service' program originally debuted in the US, and India is the second market where the German automaker has introduced this after-sales initiative.

It consists of three parts - Digital Service Drive, Premier Express Service and Service Products.

Under the Digital Service Drive, Mercedes-Benz centres across the country would send updates to their customers regarding service status through emails, SMS, and video calls. These updates will include pre-service, in-service, and post-service communications. The service advisors can use video calls to provide an in-workshop view to the customers, and show them how their cars are being treated. It will also offer the customers to book their service slots in real-time.

The Premium Express Service enables customers to get the car serviced in a little over two hours. In order to do so, Mercedes has developed infrastructure like separate bays, two post lift and dedicated tools & equipment. There is also a dedicated team that comprises of one team leader and two designated maintenance technicians. This Premium Express Service is available in all metro cities, but is not applicable for major service and repairs, warranty repairs, and service of AMG vehicles.

Under Service Products, customers can opt for service packages that span for different durations like 3 years/60,000km, 4 years/40,000km, 4 years/80,000km and 5 years/100,000km. This reduces the cost of maintenance of the Mercedes cars. For new car customers, Mercedes is also providing a 10 year/200,000km service package.

My Mercedes, My Service - Digital interactions, fast service and service plans up to 200,000 km-ef0fd946f1a04b1f8c7bb89fbe146058.jpg

Last edited by dZired : 19th July 2016 at 18:26.
dZired is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 21:20   #2
BHPian

That's a brilliant way. Specially the service products. Any idea what's the cost like for a 5yr and 10yr service package
Old 20th July 2016, 09:44   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Mercedes, My Service - Digital interactions, fast service and service plans up to 200,000 km

This is a welcome move but they should go further and offer extended warranty. These cars need warranty. Prepaid service packages not so much.
androdev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 16:05   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Mercedes, My Service - Digital interactions, fast service and service plans up to 200,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
This is a welcome move but they should go further and offer extended warranty. These cars need warranty. Prepaid service packages not so much.
100%. What Mercedes really needs to offer is a longer warranty. Service bills don't shock as much as 6 figure repair bills! BMW currently offers the longest extendable warranty (upto 6 years) in the segment. Sure does bring a lot of peace.

Still, a good initiative from Mercedes. Their service quality has always been exemplary. My C220 suffered from poor reliability in the 30,000 - 70,000 km window, but their after-sales quality always impressed. Mercedes definitely has the advantage over BMW in terms of top quality service.

The 10 year / 200,000 km package will be loved by luxo-taxis & those with high-running. Here's the official video:
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed