Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:19   #91
BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla Altis Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.88 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreevishnu View Post
It would be really hard to do as a feature deletion as all the necessary hardware (vehicle speed sensor, door lock automatic actuators, the harnesses and controllers) are part of standard equipment.
I would re-check once again, maybe in the owners manual. Dealers are a mixed bag, so I wouldnt be too sure on their capabilities/info.
This made me scratch my head as well (ref. to your first sentence). I checked the owner's manual too but that wasn't very helpful.

I wrote to Toyota on the customer care email address listed on their website. Got the standard automated acknowledgement mail as a reply. I did, however, get a call from them on Monday (1st Oct.) asking about the problem.

The lady on the line was somewhat helpful but was more keen on registering a complaint against my dealer rather than trying to understand my issue. I explicitly told her that I am not trying to complain about the dealer (I am happy with their service), but was only asking about a particular feature's availability on my car.

I did manage to get my point across to her after which she said that they will get back to me soon with the correct answer. She couldn't give me any time line during which I could expect a reply, so let's wait and see what happens.

Really happy with my car though!
Old 4th October 2018, 16:41   #92
BHPian

Any reviews on the head unit in the VL Corolla Altis? The same one is used in the Vios/Yaris as well. Looks like the hardware is made by Pioneer, and software by Suntek Shanghai (Android). I am unable to make Mirrorlink to work with my Note 5.

The quality of the UI and features leaves a lot to be desired, even though the sound quality is not bad by OEM standards.
Old 4th October 2018, 21:33   #93
BHPian

Hey guys,

Any speculation on when does the new generation is launching in India - seems like the next year, but any concrete info? Also, does it make sense to go for the current generation now?
Old 21st June 2019, 10:28   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came to know from a friend who is in Toyota that they will be discontinuing the Corolla Altis entirely once the BS6 norms kick in, as it is not viable for them to upgrade the engine to BS6 as the volumes are too low. This is sad news as I have always liked the Corolla and we have owned two generations of the Corolla during my childhood days. The Corolla has always been one very good car but somehow it did not succeed in India.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 07:23   #95
BHPian

Hi folks

Posted this in the other thread too.

Need suggestions. I am in the market for a new d segment sedan for my parents. They will be chauffeured around basically by a driver.
I am seriously considering the Altis petrol. Not decided on the variant yet, But some questions popped into my head:

- how recommend is it to go for an Altis right now considering there is news that Toyota will discontinue this car in Apr 2020. What about after sales service, spare etc? I know Toyota has a good track record (e.g. the old innova) in this area but still.

- dealers in NCR have a strange variant called J+ in petrol. this is cheaper by almost 2L. (Ex showroom is 14.35 or thereabout). Anyone has any idea or feedback about this one? I have searched and searched and even talked to the helpline. But there is absolutely no info about this variant. And Dealers are not ready to say what this exact model is...'its just one of the variants' they say. I really want to compare the features considering the price differential!

Cheers
Old 6th December 2019, 08:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Hi folks

Posted this in the other thread too.

Need suggestions. I am in the market for a new d segment sedan for my parents. They will be chauffeured around basically by a driver.
I am seriously considering the Altis petrol. Not decided on the variant yet, But some questions popped into my head:

- how recommend is it to go for an Altis right now considering there is news that Toyota will discontinue this car in Apr 2020. What about after sales service, spare etc? I know Toyota has a good track record (e.g. the old innova) in this area but still.

- dealers in NCR have a strange variant called J+ in petrol. this is cheaper by almost 2L. (Ex showroom is 14.35 or thereabout). Anyone has any idea or feedback about this one? I have searched and searched and even talked to the helpline. But there is absolutely no info about this variant. And Dealers are not ready to say what this exact model is...'its just one of the variants' they say. I really want to compare the features considering the price differential!

Cheers
Something not right with the dealer you mentioned. Stay away from such unofficial variants, must be J with some accessories.

If your parents are to be chauffer driven then why not look for a SUV? Easy for them and better in terms of comfort for 2.

Altis is a good car for matured people. Bland in everything but will last for a really long time. Resale is a pro but with the changing environment no company has an edge. By the time you would sell your car, there won't be many takers for cars.

If I had to put my 16-18 Lakh INR for my parents then it would be on:

1. Pre-owned Innova / Fortuner
2. Corolla Altis Manual
3. Yaris Top end Automatic
4. Corolla Altis Automatic

PS: All considering from the fact that one needs a trouble free and lower ownership cost. If you can afford the higher service bills then look for the Germans.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 6th December 2019 at 08:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks