Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 17:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The company worries that adding the SHVS will only make the model's appeal higher - on price and mileage, adding to the pressure on production - and resulting in an even higher waiting period.
MSIL probably might be that one rare company which is worried about it's success rather than failure
RaghuVis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 19:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno Dualjet SHVS spotted in Mumbai in it's exotic Midnight Black shade by a Motorbeam spy.

Quote:
The vehicle was painted in midnight-black colour and had subtle changes which differentiated it from the regular petrol Baleno available in India. The car spied was fitted with R16 wheels with a sporty alloy design. It was also sporting rear disc brakes and a rear spoiler. The car is also expected to be equipped with features like cruise control and leather seats.

The SHVS badge on the car was cleverly hidden but the disc brakes and Haryana test plates gave it away. The condition of tyres and the dings and scratches on the paintwork suggest that the particular vehicle has been silently testing in the country for some time.
Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-marutibalenodualjetfront.jpg

Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-marutibalenodualjetrear.jpg

Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-marutibalenodualjetbrakes.jpg

Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-marutibalenodualjettaillamps.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 20:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see Maruti bringing high technology stuff to India but I am wondering why are they not improving safety of their cars. I drove an European Swift recently and felt build quality was much better than the one available in India.

They have still not equipped any of their cars with more than 2 airbags.
Old 22nd October 2016, 23:49   #19
BHPian

Although Maruti Suzuki played safe with Baleno at its launch with its tried & tested engines but I think this distinct & market defining product for Maruti Suzuki & their NEXA premium badge needs to come with differentiating or cutting-edge elements for its technical bits too which include its engines & gearbox.
Since Hybrids, mild-Hybrids(like SHVS or Intelli-hybrid) have created their identity & place in market as well as customer minds, I think this is the right time, such upgrades should be given to its set of both Petrol & Diesel engines, specifically to increases its PS & fuel efficiency figures. I expect 30kmpl for Diesel & 25kmpl to be the benchmark for Petrol engines of cars up to ₹10 lacs price range to create some world of difference.
Old 27th October 2016, 23:34   #20
BHPian

Looking at this from the manufacturing and marketing point of view, Baleno with SHVS does not make sense for India as of now. Apart from driving up the cost of the vehicle and attracting a small number of additional eco-conscious customers to a product whose demand is already higher than MSIL can satisfy, it doesn't offer any value, at least in India.

While it is true that the Baleno could do with more premium differentiation, I think that the engines are good enough for a car this light. What they should focus on is in better NVH levels and better quality of materials, which would go a long way in doing justice to the 'premium Nexa experience' that they purport to offer. I do think they should switch to the VGT for the diesel and the full VVTi for the petrol, but it should be done so as to enhance the refinement and for smoother power delivery, rather than outright performance.

What Maruti should do is introduce the SHVS in cars that aren't selling well due to being priced out of the sub-4m price bracket, like the S-Cross. The only reason the S-Cross isn't doing as well as it should is because it's priced higher than or on par with more SUV-ish rivals, like the Duster, Ecosport, and their own Brezza. The SHVS tech would add much needed value to the S-Cross, and help MSIL bring down the pricing to Brezza levels. They can still sell the 1.6 as the flagship performance model.

Last edited by vivekgk : 27th October 2016 at 23:41.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 13:07   #21
BHPian

Same car spotted in my neighbourhood at seawoods, Navi Mumbai. Dont Know if its the boosterjet or Dualjet shvs. No indication any where, just that this is a 5 speed manual. Interior shots for reference.

Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-20161114_123027_tbhp.jpg

Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-20161114_123048_tbhp.jpg

Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-20161114_123109_tbhp.jpg

Rumour: Maruti Baleno Petrol SHVS in the works-20161114_123123_tbhp.jpg
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 14:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
What Maruti should do is introduce the SHVS in cars that aren't selling well due to being priced out of the sub-4m price bracket, like the S-Cross. The only reason the S-Cross isn't doing as well as it should is because it's priced higher than or on par with more SUV-ish rivals, like the Duster, Ecosport, and their own Brezza. The SHVS tech would add much needed value to the S-Cross, and help MSIL bring down the pricing to Brezza levels. They can still sell the 1.6 as the flagship performance model.
I think the low sales of S-Cross is primarily because of its looks - it is now well-priced, below the Duster and Creta who are the actual competitors from its class. However, it appears to be a vehicle in Baleno-i20/premium hatchback class to the public out there - and the least attractive even among them. Who would pay 10+ Lakhs for that. Even the Brezza, a clearly inferior product to the S-Cross looks much better and more SUV-ish than the S-cross. Unless you make amends to that, technology changes are not likely to bring in any effect to the sales
Old 21st November 2016, 15:57   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

SHVS (Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System) - New Video,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks