Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 14:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs

India-spec Isuzu MU-X spied ahead of May 11 launch

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-20170401015151_izu_main.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-20170401015925_izu1.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-20170401015931_izu4.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-20170401015928_izu3.jpg

The Isuzu MU-X will rival the Endeavour and the Fortuner. Likely to be priced around Rs 25 lakh for the top-spec variant.

Quote:
Isuzu is readying not one but multiple variants of the MU-X for the Indian market. These include, 4X4 MT and AT initially with the 4X2 models joining later. The 3.0-litre engine is likely to make its way under the India-spec MU-X’s hood. Later in the year, the carmaker is likely to bring in the cheaper 150hp 1.9-litre engine as well.
Quote:
Isuzu MU-X will be locally assembled at Isuzu's Sri City plant in AP.
Quote:
In India the pre-facelifted MU-X will come first and the refreshed model is expected to come next year.
Link
CarguyNish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 15:27   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

India-spec Isuzu MU-X spied ahead of May 11 launch
==========
The Isuzu MU-X will rival the Endeavour and the Fortuner. Likely to be priced around Rs 25 lakh for the top-spec variant.
Looks good. One thing which is better than the Dmax is that the lower part of the dash is now in dark grey instead of the beige of the Dmax. The new colour combination looks much better now. Lets hope that Isuzu prices it sensibly and they make it at 20 lacs exshowroom for the 4x4 MT variant. The one in the pic is an auto variant so maybe should be a lac more expensive.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st April 2017 at 18:46. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 17:21   #63
BHPian

The segment is getting hotter. The vehicle looks good plus Isuzu is a brand India is aware of. I have tried the Trailblazer for a short duration so felt that space is little less compared to Endeavour or Fortuner but not too bad. Or maybe I am wrong. If i look at this picture, the car looks spacious.

The 1.9liter engine will be a hit i think - provided its priced close to scorpio/xuv top variants. The spec indicates 150 PS and 350 Nm of torque. I am sure it will be fuel efficient and will satisfy most of our needs. With right pricing and sales/service support, MU-X can capture the XUV+Fortuner market.

Thanks to Ford India, the sales of Endeavour is not so great in the last two months so MU-X or any new arrival won't make much of a difference to Ford India's strategy

And comparison between Pajero, Endeavour, Fortuner, MU-X, Trailblazer done by TopGear (philipines). Pajero and Endeavour leads the pack. You can read it here

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 1st April 2017 at 17:31.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 17:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Why bring in the old model? Why cant they just bring in the latest one and not wait for a year?
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Looks good. One thing which is better than the Dmax is that the lower part of the dash is now in dark grey instead of the beige of the Dmax. The new colour combination looks much better now. Lets hope that Isuzu prices it sensibly and they make it at 20 lacs exshowroom for the 4x4 MT variant. The one in the pic is an auto variant so maybe should be a lac more expensive.
Full black is a big relief.
I fail to understand how a rugged SUV can have difficult to maintain, beige interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Why bring in the old model? Why cant they just bring in the latest one and not wait for a year?
I think this is the latest model, isn't it?
Old 2nd April 2017, 08:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
When a management becomes too clever by a half this is what happens !!! Their thinking is like what will we do next year if the latest model is introduced this year.

Somebody needs to tell them the customers will be put off by such things and will move on to the other games in town and their will be NO next year....The only reason customers will give them a shot first up is because of Isuzu brand name and reliability and if they lose this chance then they will always be playing catch up
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:57   #67
RSR
Senior - BHPian

It would be interesting to see how the Isuzu MU-X is positioned against its badge-engineered twin, the Chevrolet Trailblazer. The powertrain options may be different, but they're basically the same in most other aspects.

Doesn't GM import the Trailblazer as a CBU currently? If so, once Isuzu begin selling the MU-X, GM may find it more profitable to sign a deal with Isuzu for contract assembly of the Chevy Trailblazer.

P.S.: GM have probably ceased production of the Chevrolet Tavera after BS4 norms kicked in. Isuzu now have a golden opportunity to also bring in their Panther with the 1.9 litre Ddi and dominate the fleet market for sub-10 lakh rupee MUVs, or even contract assemble Tavera with the 1.9 litre BS4 diesel for Chevrolet!

Last edited by RSR : 2nd April 2017 at 10:15.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 12:30   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
When a management becomes too clever by a half this is what happens !!! Their thinking is like what will we do next year if the latest model is introduced this year.
I think they are trying to get rid of existing body kits, since there is no point manufacturing newer kits. Once the body kits are exhausted, they will launch the new version. Frankly changes are purely cosmetic, but they could have been smarter about it since they have to fight to existing heavy weights in this category.
Old 2nd April 2017, 12:57   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I think they are trying to get rid of existing body kits, since there is no point manufacturing newer kits. Once the body kits are exhausted, they will launch the new version. Frankly changes are purely cosmetic, but they could have been smarter about it since they have to fight to existing heavy weights in this category.
Knowledgeable guys (with inside info) like you are aware of this but most of the guys like myself will think the way I am thinking and strike off the Isuzu from their consideration list, I feel
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:16   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Knowledgeable guys (with inside info) like you are aware of this but most of the guys like myself will think the way I am thinking and strike off the Isuzu from their consideration list, I feel
Add to it, people like us who have already seen the updated version online will feel cheated seeing this old car.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:31   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Add to it, people like us who have already seen the updated version online will feel cheated seeing this old car.
They may have taken a conscious call to bring the older model to launch it at a good price in India. If they are sensible, they could launch it at a sub-20 price and I am sure it will give good numbers for Isuzu. In terms of internal part finish, it is lower than the New Fortuner and the new Endeavor so they may be trying to take the position occupied by the old Endeavor. A few years back, the Endeavor and the Chevy Captiva sold for 18-21 lacs exshowroom and now there is no SUV (from a global player) in that segment. Isuzu should logically try to fill this slot and Cost wise they easily can. Here is a good review of the Mux from Australia.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd April 2017 at 10:30. Reason: Inserting video link
Old 2nd April 2017, 18:22   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am thinking and strike off the Isuzu from their consideration list, I feel
Quote:
I agree with you guys. It is foolish to launch an older version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
They may have taken a conscious call to bring the older model to launch it at a good price in India.
The changes are kind of minor mid cycle refresh. I don't think this should impact the price.
Old 4th April 2017, 11:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

I have driven this vehicle over a period of 3-4 days and maybe 500 kms in Thailand in 2015. Not very sure which engine variant I dove, but wasn't very impressed with the SUV. I definitely didn't like the way it handled (Safari-ish) and i do recollect my family members (seated in the rear bench) didn't warm up to it.

I think the vehicle can do well if positioned against Hexa and XUV.
Fortuner/ Endeavour have taken the game ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-img_2295.jpg  

Last edited by rrsteer : 4th April 2017 at 11:59.
rrsteer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 12:42   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I have driven this vehicle over a period of 3-4 days and maybe 500 kms in Thailand in 2015. Not very sure which engine variant I dove, but wasn't very impressed with the SUV. I definitely didn't like the way it handled (Safari-ish) and i do recollect my family members (seated in the rear bench) didn't warm up to it.

Completely agree, as I have also seen it and experienced it in Australia. It is comparable to the Hexa and XUV and I only hope Isuzu are sensible and pitch it at a price not more than 2 lacs above XUV. Anything more than that may be a hardsell for people as the overall vehicle is substantially lower than the new Fortuner and also the new Endeavor.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 12:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

I own a V-cross and I was torn between buying a used Fortuner or new V-cross and opted to buy the V-cross. You are spot on when you say that the car drives like Safari (old school SUV's). But what I like about the V-cross is, the handling is predictable and has excellent ability to cruise. On the highway slot it in 5th Gear (I have Petes remap) and you can drive all day from 50 to 120 kmph.

With a better suspension and bigger engine I expect the MU-X to be better than V-cross. This will tick a lot of boxes if their top spec Auto is priced at Hexa/XUV 500 levels.

They should also have a lower model with basic safety along with the 2.5 liter engine like the V-cross priced at around 17 lacs ex-showroom.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed