Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2006, 14:38   #16

Execution of the project and the cost involved is a different thing but in general this is a case of misplaced priorities. These funds should be used to develop the roads connecting capitals for major cities in each state. I was on NH5 recently from Chennai from Vijayawada and its about 480 kms of desolate roads, very thin traffic, mostly lorries on the left lane. What is the point in converting this road to six lane at so much cost when so many other NH are in a bad shape and some not even motorable? Why dont we first target converting all highways to two lane before doing this?
Old 10th October 2006, 15:18   #17
BHPian

They should do something about the roads in kerala too.... we only have hardly 60kms of 4 lane(from Angamaly - to Cherthalay)(I am talking only about the NH) in the entire state...
Old 10th October 2006, 15:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
They should do something about the roads in kerala too.... we only have hardly 60kms of 4 lane(from Angamaly - to Cherthalay)(I am talking only about the NH) in the entire state...
What happened to the much talked about North-South Expressway that was supposed to come up in Kerala? I believe it was a State-Govt. project outside of the National Highway Development Programme, just like the Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Old 10th October 2006, 15:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
What happened to the much talked about North-South Expressway that was supposed to come up in Kerala?
This is still in papers I guess!... changing govt and other factors like... lack of people support!... (for eg... if a govt decides on something... opposition always comes up saying there is some kind of corruption involved blah blah...)...

I would say, we need politcians with "vision" and who are "efficient" in doing things to lead our country into the future!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
I believe it was a State-Govt. project outside of the National Highway Development Programme, just like the Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Yes, this is a state govt undertaking with help from outside agency! (i heard they are getting help from some foriegn country or world bank is funding the project! something like that!!)...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks