Team-BHP - Cabinet okays six-laning of NH
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cabinet okays six-laning of NH (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/17839-cabinet-okays-six-laning-nh.html)

Have a look at this article
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/2097343.cms

its means that the golden quadrilateral will now be 6 lane. Lets see how much mess this will create on the current road. I hope they excecute it in a more professional manner

Note from mod: Thread moved

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepkant

its means that the golden quadrilateral will now be 6 lane. Lets see how much mess this will create on the current road. I hope they excecute it in a more professional manner

what that means is that we have to put with dumper trucks & other heavy vehicles coming on the wrong side for another 3 years. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
what that means is that we have to put with dumper trucks & other heavy vehicles coming on the wrong side for another 3 years. :Frustrati

after which govt will okay the 8-laning of gq :)

lol just pray this doesnt take as long as the airport road flyover

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy
lol just pray this doesnt take as long as the airport road flyover

rl: that was a one of a kind construction Sammyboy. Airport road flyover is still incomplete. Praying that they dont touch Hosur Road anymore.

Oh no!!! We just had some nice bit of roads for sometime and soon it'll be broken up and messed as much as possible in the name of this expansion. Can't these people learn a lesson or 2 from the international standards of road making??

Good news is that finally our SARKAR has decided to make our roads better.

Only shows the ad-hocism and the lack of vision and planning pervading in Govt. Why couldn't Govt. planners envision this earlier?

I'm sure it costs less to make a 6-lane road straightaway than first making a 4-lane road and converting it to 6-lane later.

Moreover, just expanding the roadwidth to six-lanes isn't enough. What the country requires is access-controlled highways where one can drive without fear of being hit by stray dogs and cattle. On the Delhi-Ambala (NH-1) and Delhi-Agra (NH-2) stretches, though the road is four laned, you have a traffic intersection/village/town every few kilometres, apart from the roadside shops and eateries that are too close to the road, causing congestion. It's hardly an enjoyable experience.

Y the F**K could they not make it a six lane in the first place- I mean its not as if the GQ was built a decade ago!!! the answer- this gives our dear politicians another "Lane" to fill their coffers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
Y the F**K could they not make it a six lane in the first place- I mean its not as if the GQ was built a decade ago!!! the answer- this gives our dear politicians another "Lane" to fill their coffers.

exactly yes....its just to fill their pockets...

I traveled in NH4 between haveri and bangalore a day back based on the progress I am sure to complete 100% work of golden quadrilateral it will take another 1 year since work is not so fast on half done areas like few bypassroads, few lands not available for government to construct 4 lane..

I saw news also saying 6 lane will start soon which includes 5000+ Golden Quadrilateral higways too, so not sure when one can see clean and neat roads, I wish next time when my boss visits bangalore If golden quadrilateral is ready he would enjoy ride in that since last time he saw the stretch between blre to tumkur and was impressed when I told him soon nh4 will be converted to 4 lane. so hopefully 4 laning will be completed very soon as per target of this year end.

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepkant

Good news. But - why on earth should any politician worth his damn even think twice about infrastructure improvement. IMO, they should pass a blanket approval and costing for all road improvement works

i feel the poiliticians of yester years had far more vision than the present ones, even though they were not as educated or as eloquent as the present ones. take for e.g. chennai, my city. it is one of the oldest cities in india. there are 3 main trunk roads, the beach road, anna salai & the p.h. road. 2 of these roads are broad enough to handle traffic for the next 100 years. the planning was so good at that time when there were hardly a few hundred cars & other vehicles. no one could have imagined india to boast of so many varities of vehicles in those days, still someone had a vision to do this. my fellow chennaites would know that the gemini flyover, constructed in 1974 is still the best in chennai in terms of engineering, design & usefulness. so much for the golden quadrilateral or the golden goose should we say, for the politicians

To me it seems like the six laning is a politician's idea of "whatever the previous govt. did we can do better". Six laning or eight laning won't help till these highways are planned well. Too many cross-roads, residential areas and shops constructed very close to the highway just defeat the original purpose of the GQ - efficient linking of cities by road.

Some places along the GQ, the planning is as bad as the ring roads' planning in Bangalore. The outer ring-roads which were meant to link highways have become a nightmare for the actual highway users. I pity the drivers of huge trucks trying to get to Tumkur road from Old Madras road - too many cross roads, traffic signals and residential areas around the so called outer-ring roads.

In order to bypass a city with ease, the roads have to be in some way isolated from the city traffic(why would you call it a bypass otherwise?). This of course is common sense to any engineer. But engineers are controlled by politicians who are dumb and/or greedy.

I really think infrastructure construction, basically roads and flyovers comprise some of the biggest scams in India today, especially Mumbai. But most people do not realise that as they get to see something tangible, (of however pathetic quality) at the end of it.

There was a recent re-tarring of the roads in our locality by the Municipality. I had parked my bike on the side-stand on the newly laid road (less than a day old) and entered a shop for a minute or so.

When I came out, my bike was sprawled on the ground, with the side stand having gone clean through the "road" and ripped up the mud below.

The contractors who built the road and the officials who sanctioned the funds ought to be publicly shot.

but its almost impossible to nail this kind of scamming. Of course, unless you want to use the RTI. but apparently, even that has been diluted to the extent where its rendered useless. Not to mention the fact that then you are a marked man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover

3 years. rl:Its more like 8 years.