Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2006, 18:36   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
saw one in Garuda mall - 1.4exi with a sticker set. a marketing insult to consumer intelligence IMHO
I totally agree. I saw the same black car at Garuda Mall just couple of hours ago and the "sportness" is of dirty cheap quality.
Old 7th October 2006, 18:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Speedzak, no offense meant but just because you have a Verna joining the family, please don't go on about it as if its the saviour for all mankind. I'd REALLY love to see a Verna diesel overtake my SXI on an open stretch irrespective of whatever bhp it may develop....by no stretch of imagination would it ever happen! Yes, it would definitely eat my exhaust fumes all the way & get a little dusty in the process, till I felt like letting it by.

Biju, go for the SXI, you won't regret it. Its a drivers car all the way, I've done about 14k on my Moondust Silver one, its gonna be 9 months at the end of October and its been a pleasure all the way. You can read Long Term Ownership Reports section for my experience so far.

And Silver being discontinued......no way! Good luck on your quest and PM me for any help you may need.

From what I keep hearing, sounds like Bangalore Ford dealerships are frauds all of them

Last edited by aah78 : 8th October 2006 at 21:11.
Old 7th October 2006, 19:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman

Biju, go for the SXI, you won't regret it. Its a drivers car all the way, I've done about 14k on my Moondust Silver one, its gonna be 9 months at the end of October and its been a pleasure all the way. You can read Long Term Ownership Reports section for my experience so far.

And Silver being discontinued......no way! Good luck on your quest and PM me for any help you may need.

From what I keep hearing, sounds like Bangalore Ford dealerships are frauds all of them
Suman, Thanks for that feedback. I know SXI is good. and all my test drives of other cars have proved that time and again to me. Still its good to hear it on the affirmation again from somebody like you who has done 14k on it and loving it all the more. I am going for the moondust silver as well. I somehow think thats a better choice than the platinum. what do you think? do let me know.

Yes. looks like all the dealerships here are crooks! thats the only issue!
Old 7th October 2006, 19:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

with suman.

Speedzak no offense, but if diesel cars were so good to be used in comparison with the petrols then a lot of sports cars should have been converted into diesel. I know verna got gr8 power and touque but that doesnt mean it can beat anything all the way. It will be tough for verna to beat a Fiesta 1.6 or almost any good 1.6 car. Verna had to go to its max to even get a little close / beat fiesta 1.6. Plus verna 0-100 figures are not out yet. So will have to wait for that.

P.S. Suman better be ready may be verna can touch up with 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Speedzak, no offense meant but just because you have a Verna joining the family, please don't go on about it as if its the saviour for all mankind. I'd REALLY love to see a Verna diesel overtake my SXI on an open stretch irrespective of whatever bhp it may develop....by no stretch of imagination would it ever happen! Yes, it would definitely eat my exhaust fumes all the way & get a little dusty in the process, till I felt like letting it by .

Last edited by aah78 : 8th October 2006 at 21:11.
Old 7th October 2006, 22:05   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles
I am not certainly going to be blushing on highway if a verna overtakes me. If i have to think that way, I will have to go for a ferrari to keep everybody away from overtaking me. And then probably i will have to change the country to take the car out as well. Too cumbersome my friend. I guess i will be pretty happy with the performance of the Fiesta SXI. And yes. I am not needing any Diesel car. I am happy with the petrol as I will be running a max of 6000-7000 kms a year if not less.
C'mon Guys!!! Please take it on a lighter note.

What I wanted to say was that in that price range the Hyundai was making a lot of sense to me. Ofcourse, the petrol ones are loved by many and you know mallus! Show them some drop of diesel somewhere and everybody will jump on it like it's the saviour of the world!!! And for some reason, I happened to be included in that list too!!!!
I have'nt owned a diesel car other than MUVs/SUVs. I stilll love my petrol cars (Even the Prado in my Proch is a Petrol!!!!) and will continue loving it.
After driving this mad car from Hyundai named as V-E-R-N-A, I was dumbfounded. A Hyundai hater to the core I am was clean bowled the way it took off. And I am still living with the kick I got from it. Yes, It'll die soon and maybe I wont take delivery of the car also. But that made me think that Fiesta is a Loser!!
Sorry guys, I meant no offense here and I thank all you guys whole heartedly for pushing some valuable sense into me!!!!
Old 8th October 2006, 01:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Point noted dude. NO hard feelings.

P.S. Better take the delivery as you have allready booked the vehicle this way we all will come to know soon how Verna CRDi really upto the hype or not, coz in a straight way i dont believe what magazines say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
C'mon Guys!!! Please take it on a lighter note.

What I wanted to say was that in that price range the Hyundai was making a lot of sense to me. Ofcourse, the petrol ones are loved by many and you know mallus! Show them some drop of diesel somewhere and everybody will jump on it like it's the saviour of the world!!! And for some reason, I happened to be included in that list too!!!!
I have'nt owned a diesel car other than MUVs/SUVs. I stilll love my petrol cars (Even the Prado in my Proch is a Petrol!!!!) and will continue loving it.
After driving this mad car from Hyundai named as V-E-R-N-A, I was dumbfounded. A Hyundai hater to the core I am was clean bowled the way it took off. And I am still living with the kick I got from it. Yes, It'll die soon and maybe I wont take delivery of the car also. But that made me think that Fiesta is a Loser!!
Sorry guys, I meant no offense here and I thank all you guys whole heartedly for pushing some valuable sense into me!!!!

Last edited by abhibh : 8th October 2006 at 01:13.
Old 8th October 2006, 10:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles
I am going for the moondust silver as well. I somehow think thats a better choice than the platinum. what do you think? do let me know.
Biju, with you, MDS is a better color anyday over the platinum, looks more legant & easier to maintain too.

Speedzak, I agree with Abhibh, you MUST take delivery - how else would we know how good the car is if not from the horse's mouth as in a forum member & one of us ? And NO hard feelings by the way

Last edited by suman : 8th October 2006 at 10:14.
Old 8th October 2006, 10:18   #38
BHPian

guys,

know what! I called up the same office of cavery ford today dsguising myself as somebodyelse and asked for the ZXI Silver and they said they dont have the stock and can deliver in 10 days time!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it! I am going to take the other guy to task for it! They just didnt have the stock and so they told me there was NO MORE silver in ZXI region just to push me to book the car that day itself in some other color or SXI. the surprising part is that they offered me a cut of 10k on SXI which they are standing by till today. What do you guys think? should I take the car from these guys? I have decided on SXI anyway.
Old 8th October 2006, 15:32   #39
BANNED

I've some nice Vocabulary you can use with some loud volume on them. But sadly to type it in here would be against our rules.

If I was in your place, I'll make sure Mr. Ford gets to know about this. And that smart chap should rather sell rasgollas in Shivaji nagar. I wont buy a car from this sort of dealer who have taken his customer for a ride even before he purchased the car!
Where's my gun?
Old 8th October 2006, 16:12   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Do one thing....... Talk to the senior person at Cauvery Ford and tell them what has truly happened.

Dont exaggerate. The people who run Cauvery Ford take criticism quite well (I hope) and they will take some action.

Tell them that this person tried to fool you. But in the end, buy it from them simply coz they are better than Metro Ford.

It is like choosing the better of two evils. Whatever happens, they are better than Metro Ford.
Old 8th October 2006, 18:37   #41
BHPian

thanks Guys for the support! I went down to the new showroom of Cauvery Ford this afternoon in Millers road. They said there is absolutely no problem in giving me the Silver color ZXI the regular version! I said thank you. Then I went ahead and asked them about accessories such as Leather Seating, MP3 player etc. everything i asked them about were atleast a 1000 bucks less than the cauvery ford in kanakapura road!! Unbelievable! However I felt a lot more comfortable with the sales guy over here who sounded absolutely genuine and sensible. He even let me talk to his manager who was on leave to negotiate for my SXI. And I asked him to come home tomorrow and take the order. I think I would be any day more comfortable dealing with these guys here.

And there is more! In the same building there is hundai too!! Just next door! I was shocked! I asked the sales guy about it and he said the same owner has both the dealerships! And know what! He himself took me to the Hundai showroom to check out the Verna! oooh la la la!! Ofcourse, he just came and stood by me and let the hundai sales guy do the selling. Guys, to be frank, I didnt like it a bit in comparison to Fiesta. Not because i have decided on the fiesta. I had expected the car to be a lot bigger. But from outside, it looked a lot smaller! Did anybody talk about any road presense? hmmm!! well, inside everybody seemed talking a lot about the interiors! I wonder what they were talking about! seats feel big. yes. but they are low even for a 5'7 like me! and there is hardly any thigh support in the rear too! leg room in the rear? defenitely less than fiesta! there is no rich feel to the whole interior at all. I am at a total loss as to whoever said it had great interiors! The sales guy told me to take a test drive and only then decide on which car to go for. I didnt have to take any test drive to decide any more. And now that i had a first hand experience with Verna, I dont think I would ever feel bad that i didnt check out on Verna before going for fiesta. its simply no match! Will keep you guys updated!
Old 8th October 2006, 19:09   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Take the SXi with the 10K discount and get a better music system which plays MP3s.
I think you should write a letter to Ford India and explain everything to them.
Cheers
Old 8th October 2006, 19:20   #43
BHPian

hi talkingpebbles the music system is okay i think even i was planning to change the system in my sxi because it didnt playback mp3 but then with the 6cd changer i dont miss the mp3s have got used to it the sound quality is not great but it does its job well if ur not into blasting music
Old 8th October 2006, 20:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

For people who have not seen the fiesta sport as yet:

Old 8th October 2006, 21:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

What have they done ???

Now verna looks better to after seeing sports yuck !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
For people who have not seen the fiesta sport as yet:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks