Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2006, 00:10   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
For people who have not seen the fiesta sport as yet:

Had it been pure black instead of gradient stripes, would have looked better.

Just an off-topic note : Verna is a blatant copy of Toyota Vitz. Hyundai has rarely produced a design which they can claim to be their own. Hate them for this !

Toyota Vitz :
Old 9th October 2006, 00:42   #47
BANNED

Yes! There's it. I was looking at different cars to find the original. Because it was obvious Hyundai cant make original designs. I browsed thru many cars but this one never came in mind. And there're more copied stuff in the rear of the car too.
Atleast one thing a Ford does better than Hyundai; they dont blindly copy others' designs.
Old 9th October 2006, 02:35   #48
elf
BANNED

The Ford Ikjyot...?

Somebody please tell me that's a lousy Photoshopped version of the Ford Fiesta that you guys are calling the 'Sports' model. Puhleeeeeeze!

It should have been placed in the Weird & Whacky car section!
Have Ford gone Fida or Paglaa?

They can't really be selling that to ordinary people - the 500 unit limited run must be for guys like Ikjyot & Daler!
Old 9th October 2006, 10:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles
Unbelievable! However I felt a lot more comfortable with the sales guy over here who sounded absolutely genuine and sensible. He even let me talk to his manager who was on leave to negotiate for my SXI. And I asked him to come home tomorrow and take the order. I think I would be any day more comfortable dealing with these guys here.
Hmmm...Finally you met a real salesman. As mallus would know buying a car is like "Love before marriage and life after marriage". After your purchase you may not see the nice salesman, instead you would be dealing with some of the dumbest ppl in the world-called Service advisers

Jokes apart, what you are seeing is Verna effect (speedzak might have a more appropriate word). I would suggest you don't book Fiesta immediately. Play cool and bargain hard. If the verna effect is real, Ford would roll out more goodies soon. So wait a bit and take a bigger booty home.
Afterall they tried to sell you that stupid sticker-work Fiesta Sport
Old 9th October 2006, 10:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Hmmm...Finally you met a real salesman. As mallus would know buying a car is like "Love before marriage and life after marriage". After your purchase you may not see the nice salesman, instead you would be dealing with some of the dumbest ppl in the world-called Service advisers

Jokes apart, what you are seeing is Verna effect (speedzak might have a more appropriate word). I would suggest you don't book Fiesta immediately. Play cool and bargain hard. If the verna effect is real, Ford would roll out more goodies soon. So wait a bit and take a bigger booty home.
Afterall they tried to sell you that stupid sticker-work Fiesta Sport
thank god yes. I seem to have found a real salesman after all. and guess what, I had asked this guy to call up this morning to come to pick the order. He called on time and he is on his way now. And in 5 mnts, the other chap who gave me all stories, called up as well asking when he can meet me! I had told him thursday in fact! I repeated the same. And then on a second thought told him that i would like to pick it up from this showroom and asked if he had any issues. He said no issues and he could deliver it there since it all came from the main showroom itself. next day when he calls, i am going to tell him that i have booked it in this showroom already since he had said 'no issues'! just that he lost a customer for his monthly sales target. But for all the fooling around he has been doing, i think its better that he loses me! will keep you posted!
Old 9th October 2006, 12:50   #51
elf
BANNED

@talkingpebbles: I'm glad this oversmart slimy salesman's finally going to get what he deserves. These people are half-wits who think they're selling gold to others of their ilk.

Years back, I'd gone to the Vama Ford showroom at Peddar Road in Bombay to check out the Ikon 1.6 SFXi just launched then. I met a 'salesman' who tried desperately to sell me a car.

I asked him if there was any difference in the tech specifications between the ZXi & the newly launched SFXi, & he said yes - "Sir there is a silver finish on the centre console".

I told him that I could see that, but was there any technical difference between the two variants - engine, suspension or chassis upgrades, or were there only cosmetic modifications. He says "Yes sir, I told you na - there is a silver aluminium finish on the centre console & different seat covers".

Quickly losing it, I asked him if he knew what he was selling & he said "Yes, Ford Ikon. If you don't like the silver finish you can put a wooden one from outside once you buy the car - it won't void your warranty".

I then lost it. Brought the place down. Called his manager & told them that they didn't deserve to sell cars, & that they should go back to washing machines or fridges or something.

One of the reasons I've never bothered with Fords since then.
Old 9th October 2006, 12:57   #52
BHPian

Congrats talkingpebbles,
But just be careful about servicing. Dont know about Cauvery Ford, but Metro Ford service is horrible. As a car the fiesta is very good, only if Ford does something about their service.
Congrats again and good luck.
Old 9th October 2006, 14:01   #53
BHPian

one more think i have learnt while going to service is to be cool with the service advisers talk to them with a smile and they respond back favourably
Old 9th October 2006, 14:12   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
I then lost it. Brought the place down. Called his manager & told them that they didn't deserve to sell cars, & that they should go back to washing machines or fridges or something.
I can almost imagine the scene!!! Seriously it gets my goat too when these stupid salesmen try & give me a whole load of bull crap about asthetics & power & how it looks European & Korean & Japanese all at the same time, in one design & one car. This happened just a few days back with the Salesman trying to sell me a Verna by explaining its MIXED design roots!!

I promptly asked him a few questions about VGT, VTVT & rear discs & he guessed he probably picked the wrong guy & promptly sent his GM-Sales to deal with me who I should add understood I knew more than all his salesmen combined & didn't give me any crap. Simply asked me for a test drive & then explained some features vis-avis the Accent like better interiors, fit & finish, rear legroom etc.

I like honest, knowledgeable salesmen but they are a scarcity in the Indian Auto industry. Mostly the salesmen I know or have bought cars from simply give me the car & start asking me about the features & whether I like it or not. No crap, no sales talk since they know I'm gonna bust their bum if they do that!

Anyways pebbles seems like you found a good salesman & my advice would be to stick to him & please do call up the earlier chap & tell him why you did not buy the car from him!! Should be fun believe me!
Old 9th October 2006, 14:59   #55
BHPian

Thanks guys, for all your sharing. cant still believe how these 'smart' sales guys think that they can just fool everyone on the road with their cheap gimmicks! they probably conside everyone to be like them - ignorent and stupid! I am certainly glad that I have got the young salesman who speaks no crap and is straight forward and knows what he is selling. he was down at my place for the booking and I told him the real story that brought me to him! And he was quick enough to apologize for the other chap who was a story teller. Seems that they had taken up this issue as discussion the morning with senior management.

yes raghavendra, i guess i have to call up and tell the other guy that i have placed the order with someonelse. In fact this guy seems to be someone who was trained by him. That will probably make him humbler i hope.
Old 9th October 2006, 15:33   #56
Team-BHP Support

Would you believe it but the best car salespeople that I have encountered have been women

The girl who sold me the honda and another girl in Garuda who knew the entire speca about the Corsa and its rivals
Old 9th October 2006, 15:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Would you believe it but the best car salespeople that I have encountered have been women

The girl who sold me the honda and another girl in Garuda who knew the entire speca about the Corsa and its rivals
I think there are more girls in the Cauvery Ford's Vasanthnagar showroom. Probably the guys too have become smarter because of them .

Jokes apart, I think that could be true. The girls naturally must be feeling bit inferior to their guys counterparts and so must be doing proper study on the vehicle to make sure they dont go wrong!

-B
Old 9th October 2006, 17:25   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyway as I said in my previous (now missing post), Cauvery Ford and Advaith hyundai are owned by the same 3 guys.... And I assume the Hyundai showroom you went to was Advaith Hyundai.

Abt the salesman, please do take it up with the top management at Cauvery Ford. I am sure they will do something abt it. Tell them the salesman's name and all the bull crap he has been giving you.

Tell them that you almost bought it from Metro Ford if not for the Miller's Road Cauvery Ford salesman.....
Old 9th October 2006, 19:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008
Anyway as I said in my previous (now missing post), Cauvery Ford and Advaith hyundai are owned by the same 3 guys.... And I assume the Hyundai showroom you went to was Advaith Hyundai.

Abt the salesman, please do take it up with the top management at Cauvery Ford. I am sure they will do something abt it. Tell them the salesman's name and all the bull crap he has been giving you.

Tell them that you almost bought it from Metro Ford if not for the Miller's Road Cauvery Ford salesman.....
I certainly would do that Nikhil. And Yes. You are right. The hundai showroom i went to was Advaith Hyundai owned by the same guys.

From the new sales chap I also came to know that the manager in Kanakapura showroom is the No.1 sales guy in India for Ford!!! He looks a crook by all means! This poor sales chap was discussing with him all the while i was there in the first time and only then he would come and talk to me. And this guy (manager) never bothered to come and talk to me directly. I somehow think that it wasnt the sales guy who was actually the story teller. He was just a puppet acting on the manager's behalf. I certainly will take it up with the higher ups there. thanks again for keeping a track on this issue.

Biju
Old 10th October 2006, 15:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

he he ! or is it that you didn't feel like asking too many questions ?

i agree. it is not only in cars, they are good in a lot of other showrooms as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
I asked him if there was any difference in the tech specifications between the ZXi & the newly launched SFXi, & he said yes - "Sir there is a silver finish on the centre console".

One of the reasons I've never bothered with Fords since then.
ha ha ha ! lmao! what would it be like if they went back & sold washing machines ? imagine. they will sound pretty much the same saying that the difference between an automatic & a semi is that the semi has 2 drums & the auto has only one. lol . why did the guy not point out that the sfxi has an additional alphabet attached to it. you should have helped him there man.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks