Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2006, 16:25   #61
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
... you should have helped him there man. ...
Help him...???!!!
Jeez man! It took all the restraint I had (& those who know me also know that I have very little of it) to not pull out a shotgun & blow his brains over his bloody silver finish dashboard!
Old 10th October 2006, 16:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if Elf is trying to do a Sam one here....Elf, its actually SXI and not SFXI
Old 10th October 2006, 16:45   #63
elf
BANNED

@Suman: Nope - according to me, the SFXi now is the one with the brain bits on the dashboard.
Old 14th October 2006, 20:54   #64
BHPian

guys,

I called up my new sales guy today to remind him of getting me the necessary papers for loan approval. He then tells me that the other dude who had lied to me through the tooth because of which i had gone to the vasanth nagar cauvery ford branch, had gone and met this new sales man at the showroom. It seems he fought with him and asked him to give the booking to him!! He went away only after the seniors of the new sales guy intervened it seems! I am really irritated now. What do you guys suggest? I am irritated to such an extend that I wont even mind cancelling the booking and going for a Verna instead! It just p****sses me off to that extend.
Old 14th October 2006, 21:52   #65
Team-BHP Support

talkinpebbles i would suggest you cancel the booking and go for the verna. i would suggest its a better buy than the fiesta especially the diesel. And you should go and tell the ford guys why you changed your decision.

Besides the ford after sales service is nothing to write about and you would only end up getting more frustrated with the A.S.S. later.
Old 14th October 2006, 21:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

My sincere suggestion is go for Verna, fiesta is not a great car any day verna petrol XI will beat fiesta in every respect, Verna is great car for that
segment. I know and heard many ford cars in India they are all white elephants Fiesta has few minor issues of its own... which I don't want to explain in detail.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I don't want to hurt any ford car owners in this forum but this is what people told me after they own Ford cars for few years.
Old 14th October 2006, 23:34   #67
elf
BANNED

@talkingpebbles: If you are sure that's what happened, go to the manager of the Ford showroom, & simply tell them that you'll cancel your booking if they associate you in any way with that slimy salesman or give him any commission on your behalf. Tell them that if it wasn't for the new guy, they'd have nearly lost the sale.

You'll get their attention fast, & the new sales guy will get the commission he deserves. I figured something like this would happen...
Old 15th October 2006, 01:19   #68
BANNED

I want to say something again!!! ahhhhh again, it will be against the forum rules so I'm zipping it up!!

Tell the manager in detail what happened. And if he wants to defend himself by throwing bracksticks on you, just tell them bye and walk/drive/run to the nearest car dealer. Buy a Baleno/Verna/Corolla. These cars will make you more than happy and so will their staff and service.

Fiesta is going to be a flop for 2 reasons.
1. Verna
2. Ford (Big elephant! did somebody say??)
Old 15th October 2006, 10:43   #69
BHPian

Guys, thanks for your genuine suggestions. I am certainly going to take this up with the managers though the new sales guy says its already conveyed and the DGM is aware of the story. But I want to make sure of it as well.

No Offfense. But I dont know if I would go for any other car yet. 'cause, I just love this car, its performance and interiors. probably over a time i have fallen in love with it, so its gona be a bit difficult to move my mind away towards verna which i didnt like as for the interiors. I somehow like the aluminium/chrome/gray finish of the fiesta interiors which gives me a 'more of my kind' feeling. At the end, I will just go according to my gutt feeling I guess!
Old 15th October 2006, 13:36   #70
BANNED

Sir, I salute you!
Your love for this car has stood the test of times. Even after having plenty of roadblocks on your highway to owning your motoring love, you've decided to drive thru. This is true passion for a car.
Applause! ! !

I confess. If it was me, I would've left them very earlier and looked around for other options.
Old 15th October 2006, 13:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

@Talkingpebbles: sir you are one hell of a car lover,a roll model for us team-bhpians.Let there be more of your kind but hopefully Ford india learns a lesson or too.

Customers would not like to take so much trouble in just buying a car,imagine their plight in terms of service ,support and maintainance once the car is sold.
Old 15th October 2006, 15:38   #72
BHPian

hi talkingpebbles dont worry the car is very good the engine is silky smooth and handles very well better than the verna
Old 15th October 2006, 18:19   #73
BHPian

Guys, thanks for the good words! This decision of going for this car was not a momentary decision for me. I have been researching all the cars in the segment from almost last one year. Actually I hated Fiesta for its looks in the beginning and changed my way of looking at it after I test drove it and a lot after I test drove the Aveo. Unfortunately/fortunately, Verna has entered a bit too late for me I guess. I was already stuck with Fiesta in my mind. I just love the car I guess and I would turn everything positive for her. Problems will always be there. Nothings perfect in any case! Man, I cant wait enough for her now after going through all these. Thank you for all your support.
Old 15th October 2006, 22:58   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Talkingpebbles, You obviously have your heart set on the Fiesta. And rightly so since its a fantastic driving machine. Dont worry about the salesmen. Give them some heat, but do not change your car choice because of them. I had a terrible experience with Ichibaan Honda but couldnt care less now since I love the car.

Quote:
I then lost it. Brought the place down. Called his manager & told them that they didn't deserve to sell cars, & that they should go back to washing machines or fridges or something.
@ Elf : Or clothes? I remember going to Vama when the Ikon was just launched. And while I was checking out the Ikon, this couple was debating on some shirts. Barely a meter away. Let them sell their Levis...to heck with cars!

Quote:
Would you believe it but the best car salespeople that I have encountered have been women
Sure Ajmat. Would be the same with most of us!

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2006 at 22:59.
Old 16th October 2006, 07:14   #75
BHPian

Sport stickers make a FORD go faster!

wow

Most Viewed