Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2006, 09:18   #76
BHPian

[quote=GTO]Talkingpebbles, You obviously have your heart set on the Fiesta. And rightly so since its a fantastic driving machine. Dont worry about the salesmen. Give them some heat, but do not change your car choice because of them. I had a terrible experience with Ichibaan Honda but couldnt care less now since I love the car.
quote]

Thanks. I have given them enough heat already. Shouldnt go overboard with it though since I am going to pick up the car from them!

- Biju
Old 16th October 2006, 10:59   #77
BHPian

I was at Metro Ford (Bangalore) on saturday. They're trying a similar trick with the ikon too - if you wnat it in silver or black you need to shell out around 32k more for a spoiler, mp3 player (45w x 4) and ford alloys!
Old 16th October 2006, 11:04   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini
I was at Metro Ford (Bangalore) on saturday. They're trying a similar trick with the ikon too - if you wnat it in silver or black you need to shell out around 32k more for a spoiler, mp3 player (45w x 4) and ford alloys!

Ajit,

Just run away from them. Go to the Vasanth Nagar Cauvery Ford branch and talk to the guys over there. let me know if you need help.

- Biju
Old 16th October 2006, 11:38   #79
BHPian

Guys,
I must share this! I called up the Cauvery Ford for info on Ajit's enquiry. They got back to me now saying that what Metro Ford communicated to Ajit is correct. And not over yet...

The story that the Kanakapura Cauvery Ford guy had told me in the beginning too has been implemented now and there will be no more Black or Silver Fiesta ZXI or EXI now. If you want black or silver, shell out 30k more and take the sports model! this guy explained to me that when I had the fight over the issue, this rule was not implemented still. Looks like that sales guy was just a bit ahead of time. I dont know what to say!! Looks like he was not as bad as I thought!

And I am sure now that Fiesta is going to go downward in the sales graph just for this dumb decision and Verna is going to climb the chart steep! Wonder what the ford guys are thinking!

- B
Old 16th October 2006, 12:12   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles
..there will be no more Black or Silver Fiesta ZXI or EXI now. If you want black or silver, shell out 30k more and take the sports model!
This has happened with Ikon too. Ikon 1.6 came in 2 'special' colors - silver and black (1.3 didn't), just to keep buyers interested in that segment.
When 1.6 got discontinued, 1.3 was launched as Anniversary edition and now those 2 colors come in regular edition. Just a very stupid gimmick to allow sale of other variants based on color options.
Old 16th October 2006, 12:49   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1
This has happened with Ikon too. Ikon 1.6 came in 2 'special' colors - silver and black (1.3 didn't), just to keep buyers interested in that segment.
When 1.6 got discontinued, 1.3 was launched as Anniversary edition and now those 2 colors come in regular edition. Just a very stupid gimmick to allow sale of other variants based on color options.
Absolutely stupid gimmick. Its not helping the sale of other variants now. Its rather helping the sale of Verna!
Old 16th October 2006, 15:01   #82

I also has very bad experience with Kairali Ford in trivandrum. Issue was overheating of Engine as Engine fan was not working. They took two days to find out the fault. Its really funny the method they used to trouble shoot. Remove each part which regulates heat of the engine and check whether its fixed. They came to the conclusion that the microprocessor which regulates the functioning of engine is having problem. Need to be replaced which will cost 40k. As I was not willing to spend 40k for 2lac worth Ikon1.6 I gave to a good mechanic nearby. He changed a valve and switch which regulates the functioning of engine fan. All these done for 3k. Can you guys believe this? I can only pray for Fiesta owners as they are this much skilled in servicing Ikon after its launch seven years ago.
Old 16th October 2006, 15:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_tvm
I also has very bad experience with Kairali Ford in trivandrum. Issue was overheating of Engine as Engine fan was not working. They took two days to find out the fault. Its really funny the method they used to trouble shoot. Remove each part which regulates heat of the engine and check whether its fixed. They came to the conclusion that the microprocessor which regulates the functioning of engine is having problem. Need to be replaced which will cost 40k. As I was not willing to spend 40k for 2lac worth Ikon1.6 I gave to a good mechanic nearby. He changed a valve and switch which regulates the functioning of engine fan. All these done for 3k. Can you guys believe this? I can only pray for Fiesta owners as they are this much skilled in servicing Ikon after its launch seven years ago.
ooops! thats a scary one!
Old 17th October 2006, 02:50   #84
BANNED

I still can't measure the depth of your love with Fiesta Mr. Talking.....
Simply great!! So, you got delivery? Or still stuck with more roadblocks??

BTW, your experience taught me many things. The most important lesson I've learnt is: Never buy a Ford.
I had this written in my head from long time since I had an Ikon experience before. Now, I'll write it on my walls too.
Old 17th October 2006, 12:21   #85

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Post deleted. Please do not hijack a Ford Fiesta purchase thread with solutions to your Ikons technical problems. You are free to open a separate thread for the same.

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2006 at 13:42.
Old 17th October 2006, 12:26   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles
Guys,
The story that the Kanakapura Cauvery Ford guy had told me in the beginning too has been implemented now and there will be no more Black or Silver Fiesta ZXI or EXI now. If you want black or silver, shell out 30k more and take the sports model! this guy explained to me that when I had the fight over the issue, this rule was not implemented still. Looks like that sales guy was just a bit ahead of time. - B
That was a shocker. Once in a while I have to eat my own words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Aha...Do you know that Silver is the largest selling color, for almost all models? Ford is not that crazy to stop it.
I just changed it to....Ford is crazy
Old 17th October 2006, 13:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

As GTO said, most of the car sales guys are plain useless. They feed you what they remember, sometimes wrong information and only promise, never deliver. Whether it is Honda, Ford, Maruti - the sales side really is a big problem. I suggest go for the car rather than the sales problems, go for the workshop rather than the showroom and then decide.
Old 17th October 2006, 14:39   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
That was a shocker. Once in a while I have to eat my own words?

I just changed it to....Ford is crazy
Totally Agree! These guys ARE crazy!

- B

Last edited by talkingpebbles : 17th October 2006 at 14:44.
Old 17th October 2006, 14:41   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
As GTO said, most of the car sales guys are plain useless. They feed you what they remember, sometimes wrong information and only promise, never deliver. Whether it is Honda, Ford, Maruti - the sales side really is a big problem. I suggest go for the car rather than the sales problems, go for the workshop rather than the showroom and then decide.
Sandeep

I cant agree more. Problems are almost everywhere. Its how you choose the lesser evil.
-B
Old 17th October 2006, 18:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

So Biju whats the final status ?

Recent years car owners and car buyers had lot of issues with Ford, Skoda dealership, Its same story from other Car Manufacturers but I feel Ford, Skoda sucks big time,

I have learnt MUL, Hyundai cars are value buy.
Toyota, Honda, Fiat cars are technological buy.
GM, Ford, SKoda, MErc. Fassionate buy.

Right now hottest car is Verna for sure. In weeks time I feel New ZEN will create good news.

Its my opinion,

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks