Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2006, 21:17   #1
BHPian

hi all

I went today to book a fiesta at the Cauvery ford showroom in Bangalore after long research on which car I should buy. I had frozen on the Silver color ZXI of fiesta. When i reached there the sales man whom I have been talking to for a while says Silver and Black color fiestas will be only the new Sports version which looks exactly like a rally car with an additional cost of 30k! I didnt mind paying the extra money for the additions like alloy weels and so on. But the total crap sports car look with those stickers all around the car was totally unacceptable! And they say they dont give anymore Silver or Black colors in any of the variants except SXI which is a slow moving variant! and the guys were out there to try to sell me the SXI which I would have still gone for except for the lack of an MP3 player even in that! They say this new policy came in just today! I cant believe that crap still! Very disappointing. I came away without booking the car at the end of the day. Need to do some re-thinking!

Biju
Old 6th October 2006, 12:37   #2
BHPian

Ford is miserable in dealing with customers. My experience is very bad for the last two months.
Old 6th October 2006, 12:58   #3
BHPian

I know ford is not great in customer satisfaction rating. But what option do I have at a max 8 lac price range other than fiesta? I need a car that has performance and not just the looks. It would be great to hear your suggestions.

Biju
Old 6th October 2006, 14:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles
But what option do I have at a max 8 lac price range other than fiesta? I need a car that has performance and not just the looks.

Biju
Heh. VERNA!!

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 6th October 2006, 14:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

The fiesta handling would be miles ahead of Verna. I am sure the 1.6 fiesta would be a much more performance car than the verna petrol. Automags have criticised the Verna's soft suspension and handling.
Old 6th October 2006, 15:10   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi all

I went today to book a fiesta at the Cauvery ford showroom in Bangalore after long research on which car I should buy. I had frozen on the Silver color ZXI of fiesta. When i reached there the sales man whom I have been talking to for a while says Silver and Black color fiestas will be only the new Sports version which looks exactly like a rally car with an additional cost of 30k! I didnt mind paying the extra money for the additions like alloy weels and so on. But the total crap sports car look with those stickers all around the car was totally unacceptable! And they say they dont give anymore Silver or Black colors in any of the variants except SXI which is a slow moving variant! and the guys were out there to try to sell me the SXI which I would have still gone for except for the lack of an MP3 player even in that! They say this new policy came in just today! I cant believe that crap still! Very disappointing. I came away without booking the car at the end of the day. Need to do some re-thinking!

Biju
Before I booked my Swift, while I was still in the car hunting mode, was considering a Ford Ikon 1.3. Went to Cauvery Ford for a test drive. Was amazed at the level of communism prevalent. Ford India expects that you purchase what it gives you - and it wont give you what you want. The Ikon was available only in 4 colors - white, disgusting silver, even more disgusting silver and dirty mud. They had this black "Special Edition" 1.3 Ikon in display - the diffrence being body stickers, atificial leather seats and fog lamps @ 26K more.

Also asked the salesman abt maintenance costs - which from my elder brother's (1.6 and 1.3 Ikon) and a friend's 1.3 Ikon ownership experience I knew to be very high. THe salesman lied thru his teeth saying the most expensive part is the front bumper at 10K.

Walked away disgusted.

Last edited by theMAG : 6th October 2006 at 15:13.
Old 6th October 2006, 15:24   #7
BHPian

Did try at Metro ford.
Old 6th October 2006, 15:31   #8
BHPian

my experience with ford here in mumbai has been very good a.s.s is top notch and the car a pleasure to drive
Old 6th October 2006, 15:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
hi all
But the total crap sports car look with those stickers all around the car was totally unacceptable! And they say they dont give anymore Silver or Black colors in any of the variants except SXI which is a slow moving variant! and the guys were out there to try to sell me the SXI
Did they show you the sports version with stickers? Atleast pics?
Looks like you are almost taken for a ride by a salesman with crude imagination. Don't buy the story, it is just a story
Old 6th October 2006, 15:36   #10
BHPian

I certainly love the car. There is no doubt about that. But this policy change? Just cant understand nor digest it. I called up Metro Ford in Bangalore an hour ago and enquired if i could have a Silver color ZXI. they said NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!!! They said they dont have stock now and they would deliver it by next week! I told them that there is a talk in the market that there will be no more Silver color ZXI or EXI and they said thats not true! I immediately called up the Cauvery ford folks and told them the same. they called me back after half an hour and said that the info from Metro ford cannot be true. Who says the right thing? God knows!! Anyway, i have decided to wait till next week!
Old 6th October 2006, 15:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Did they show you the sports version with stickers? Atleast pics?
Looks like you are almost taken for a ride by a salesman with crude imagination. Don't buy the story, it is just a story

They showed me the new car. Absolutely sport car looks! the story is true in that sense. But i am not sure if they will discontinue the silver and black colors on the regular cars because of this.

Biju
Old 6th October 2006, 15:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Who says the right thing? God knows!! Anyway, i have decided to wait till next week!
Aha...Do you know that Silver is the largest selling color, for almost all models? Ford is not that crazy to stop it.
Stay far far away from Cauvery guys. If they can do this, I am sure they have more tricks laid for you once you agree to put your money
Old 6th October 2006, 15:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Aha...Do you know that Silver is the largest selling color, for almost all models? Ford is not that crazy to stop it.
Stay far far away from Cauvery guys. If they can do this, I am sure they have more tricks laid for you once you agree to put your money
The issue is if not cauvery ford then who? Metro Ford guys are infamous in this website itself for their service!

B
Old 6th October 2006, 16:27   #14
BHPian

Have a look at the Verna.It may not be as good as the fiesta at handling,but has decent grunt in the midrange and the power of over a hundred korean horses refined to perfection .It really is that refined.If you want more power,the CRDI can be yours for 8.5 L (approx).Now that engine can eat up petrol engines for breakfast,lunch and dinner!
Old 6th October 2006, 16:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
Have a look at the Verna.It may not be as good as the fiesta at handling,but has decent grunt in the midrange and the power of over a hundred korean horses refined to perfection .It really is that refined.If you want more power,the CRDI can be yours for 8.5 L (approx).Now that engine can eat up petrol engines for breakfast,lunch and dinner!
Sounds good. however, i am not a great fan of its looks. nor have i got that budget. I would rather prefer the SXI for 8.09 lacs.

Most Viewed