Team-BHP - Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178531-rumour-audi-launch-a4-1-4l-tfsi-edit-q3-too.html)

Team-BHP's Audi A4 review is live. Please continue the discussion in the new thread.

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Audi is planning to launch the next-generation A4 sedan in India. Multiple spy shots of the car being tested on Indian roads have already been put up on the internet. The German automaker has now imported a few units of the A4 30 TFSI variant into India. This indicates that the next-gen A4 will come with a new entry-level petrol engine.

The Audi A4 30 TFSI is powered by a 1.4-litre, turbocharged, four-cylinder petrol unit, which, in international markets, is capable of generating around 148 BHP and 250 Nm of torque. Though it is still uncertain whether the said engine will be mated to a manual or an automatic gearbox, Audi is more likely to couple it to a 7-speed S tronic automatic transmission.

According to the company, this engine is capable of taking the car from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.9 seconds, while the top speed is marked at 210 km/h.

The 2016 Audi A4 launch in India is expected to be scheduled in the next couple of months.

Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too-9c5b8a68b5dd431aa6bfb81fc8179c7c.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

I saw a convoy of the heavily camouflaged A4 and Q5 two days ago. Dashboard of both cars were camouflaged as well. The best pic I could mange in the heavy rain was this one.

For the Q5 see this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4023825

Great scoop!

Looking forward to the B9 A4 as I love Audi's designs. The current car has been around for way too long and is woefully outdated. However, this 1.4L TSI is a poor choice for a 30 lakh luxury sedan. The power output (~150 BHP) is lesser than even the Skoda Octavia, and the motor is known for its turbo-lag. But Audi India must have found itself in a tight spot as the 1.4L replaces the 1.8L. Still, I insist that the new A4 should've gotten the 2.0 TFSI.

Guess the familiar 2.0 TDI will be the engine of choice, just as it is with the Jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4024621)
Great scoop!

Looking forward to the B9 A4 as I love Audi's designs. The current car has been around for way too long and is woefully outdated. However, this 1.4L TSI is a poor choice for a 30 lakh luxury sedan. The power output (~150 BHP) is lesser than even the Skoda Octavia, and the motor is known for its turbo-lag. But Audi India must have found itself in a tight spot as the 1.4L replaces the 1.8L. Still, I insist that the new A4 should've gotten the 2.0 TFSI.

Guess the familiar 2.0 TDI will be the engine of choice, just as it is with the Jetta.

And it surely will (get the 2.0 TFSI). I think the whole point of getting the 1.4 TSI will be to get a headline grabbing starting price, something Audi has tried with A3 and Q3 as well. Assuming that is the rationale, it may make sense to get the base version (which is what I assume 1.4 TSI will be) in manual form.

Either way, I love Audi designs too and in time my Jetta will be ripe for an upgrade. How I'd love to buy a beautiful 2 year old Audi as my Jetta replacement in 2018:)

:OT I am not really sure how have Audi's earlier manual attempts have fared. Either the base variants were very unpopular (probably because they didn't meet the aspirations of a typical luxury car buyer) or Audi never quite manufactured them in any real number (and they were just to get the entry price low).

Finally some news on this.

I am eagerly waiting for the New A4 to enter the Indian market. It is turning a lot of heads in the international market and after a really long time it is coming on par, and in some case even ahead when compared to its peers (C-Class, 3 series and the Jaguar XE).

Here are some pictures which I clicked. Have seen these cars taking several rounds in and out of the city.

Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too-img_7737.jpg

Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too-img_7727.jpg

Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too-img_7731.jpg

Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too-img_7740.jpg

Is it just me or the car really looks more of a facelift than a NEW A4?
Especially, when you compare the transformation in the looks of old C class and the latest one.

Audi's are not a whole lot different looks wise from one generation to next.
This car however is a completely different beast from the chassis upwards but true to their DNA the outward look has slim progressions even.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharya (Post 4024797)
Especially, when you compare the transformation in the looks of old C class and the latest one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharya (Post 4024797)

+1 to Khoj.

Audis exude a different kind of charm...one of timelessness & understatement. There are some who are big fans of Audi's styling. Might not work for everyone, but sure does for folk like me.

The 1.4 TFSI is an interesting choice for the A4. I don't think it's too bad a choice with 140BHP. Might work out well if it is priced sensibly. For the chauffeur driven or the business executives who drive but are not too particular about the performance vs the status and brand image, the 1.4L TFSI is a good choice with probably good FE numbers.

Also, this will be a good alternative to diesel in terms of running costs which looks like what the premium manufacturers are trying to do. All manufacturers are looking at getting back petrol engines in their line up after the instability with diesel cars in India.

The Problem with lower price lower engine (Base Variants) variants is that they also don't offer much more than the badge in terms of appeal to the back seat driver. At times even the sunroof goes missing in the base variant. All the gizmoes too are centred around the driver. If not self driven I don't see the point in getting an Audi A4 in the first place except for the badge. The New Superb should offer a better rear seat experience (read size and AC controls).

The Higher variants tend to have higher powered engines as well, plus with 148 Bhp what bragging rights would one have besides the Badge?

Nope this is not exciting news. Looking forward to the new A4 but with better priced higher capacity (read power) engines only.

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

According to the records on Zauba, Audi India has imported a single unit of the Q3 30 TFSI for homologation. This suggests that Audi might launch the car in India in the near future.

This variant of Audi's entry-level SUV is powered by a 1.4-litre, turbocharged petrol engine. The German automaker had recently imported the A4 30 TFSI variant, which is also powered by the same engine.

In the international markets, the 1.4-litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged engine is capable of developing 148 BHP @ 5,000-6,000 rpm and 250 Nm of torque @ 1,750-3,000 rpm. This power mill is expected to be mated to a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox that channels power to the front wheels. Audi claims that the Q3 30 TFSI does the 0-100 km/h sprint in 8.9 seconds and reaches a top speed of 204 km/h. This engine also gets the Cylinder on Demand feature, which shuts down a couple of cylinders as per the requirement, which the company claims, helps in enhancing fuel economy.

Currently, the Audi Q3 that is on sale in India gets a 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine, which is available in two states of tune - 138 BHP and 174 BHP. The new 30 TFSI variant will thus become the entry-level trim of the Q3 in India.

Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too-download.jpg

Rumour: Audi to launch A4 1.4L TFSI. EDIT: Q3 too-q3-30-tfsi.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Doesn't VW already have a 1.4 TFSI(EA 111) that they use in the VW Jetta. Is this engine different from that? Specs seem the same and that engine is already homologated. Do they need to homologate each engine separately in every car they use it in?

Drive on,
Shibu

The addition of an entry level petrol engine is welcome. However, the customers should be given the choice of the more powerful 2 litre petrol engine also.

To me personally the 1.4 engine is not good enough to go with the SUV. It is adequate at best.

What could the price of this variant be?

Regards
Bharath

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strella (Post 4040533)
The addition of an entry level petrol engine is welcome. However, the customers should be given the choice of the more powerful 2 litre petrol engine also.

To me personally the 1.4 engine is not good enough to go with the SUV. It is adequate at best.

From what I have heard is that the Q3 1.4 is quite a good combination. Lighter front end makes it agaile and performcne in town is pretty good.