Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 00:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Spy Shot- Chevrolet Spark...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Seen the Advertisment for Chevrolet Spark in the newspaper today & Surprisingly read there -the new Spark features Digital Tachometer across all of its variants.
Firstly I thought that its a typo-error for the word-Digital Tripmeter !
Have anybody seen this feature in the new Spark ?

First of all this is a pretty old thread which dates some 2006 and there are a lot of new threads where this information is posted.

Again for your information... Spark has undergone a minor revision by the beginning of 2010 where the below listed changes has been made.

1. Pre 2010 sparks has dedicated clocks which where available only for LT versions. But post 2010 sparks has this clock integrated along within the display for all variants.

2. Pre 2010 has tell-tale lights (indicator, HL beam status, ECM malfunctioning etc) behind steering wheel. But in post 2010 spark, all these lights has been shifted to central console.

3. Pre 2010 has an analog coolant temperature dial where in post 2010 it is digital which is integrated into the digital display

4. The pre 2010 sparks has 2 trip meters A and B whereas in post 2010 it is only one.

5. The pre 2010 spark has no tachometer whereas the post 2010 spark gains a digital tachometer.

In post 2010 spark the Battery Voltage, tachometer and clock has to selected on by one with a selector knob. for each selection it displays the following combination

1. battery voltage and odometer
2. tachometer and odometer
3. Time and odometer

All the features mentioned above are standard across all variants of spark.
One more minor change was the relocation of reverse light from bumper to real light console.
Old 8th June 2011, 03:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Again for your information... Spark has undergone a minor revision by the beginning of 2010 where the below listed changes has been made.
5. The pre 2010 spark has no tachometer whereas the post 2010 spark gains a digital tachometer.

In post 2010 spark the Battery Voltage, tachometer and clock has to selected on by one with a selector knob. for each selection it displays the following combination

1. battery voltage and odometer
2. tachometer and odometer
3. Time and odometer

All the features mentioned above are standard across all variants of spark.
One more minor change was the relocation of reverse light from bumper to real light console.
I Have seen 2010 Spark exhaustively and even seen all the changes in it from its new Scooter-like only Speedo instrument console to the repositioned reversing lamps but I think the Tachometer wasn't there in that Spark(as i've checked 2010 spark a week after its introduction).
It was having only single oval speedo meter at the top of centre console with integrated fuel & temprature display in the capsule-like Digital display in it.
Might be Chevrolet have introduced these features later on seprately & If anyone here is having the pics of its Digital Tachomter then please post them here.

Another addition written there was the introduction of door-ajar warning lamp across all of its variants.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I Have seen 2010 Spark exhaustively and even seen all the changes in it from its new Scooter-like only Speedo instrument console to the repositioned reversing lamps but I think the Tachometer wasn't there in that Spark(as i've checked 2010 spark a week after its introduction).
It was having only single oval speedo meter at the top of centre console with integrated fuel & temprature display in the capsule-like Digital display in it.
Might be Chevrolet have introduced these features later on seprately & If anyone here is having the pics of its Digital Tachomter then please post them here.

Another addition written there was the introduction of door-ajar warning lamp across all of its variants.
it is there in the capsule digital display. There are two small knobs at the bottom towards right and left of the capsule display. You have to press the right knob to change the display combinations.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Mods - is there a way to archive really old threads so they become read-only?
Old 8th June 2011, 13:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

@Equus, locking the thread would make it RO, right ? You could report the thread to have it locked.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:44   #36
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
+1 to that. I really thought there was a new Spark on its way!!!
Old 8th June 2011, 13:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@Equus, locking the thread would make it RO, right ? You could report the thread to have it locked.
Sure but that would be really SLOWWWWW..

How about locking the threads that havent had a new post for 12 months?
Old 8th June 2011, 15:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
What's the need of doing that !
Instead of creating a new thread I've searched for the thread belonging to Spark, got this & posted the content/query here, which is more of like a Product upgrade(if not an actual Spy shot).
IMHO, l'll bit of Thread title editing can also solve this purpose.
Old 9th June 2011, 12:24   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Seen the Advertisment for Chevrolet Spark in the newspaper today & Surprisingly read there -the new Spark features Digital Tachometer across all of its variants.
Firstly I thought that its a typo-error for the word-Digital Tripmeter !
Have anybody seen this feature in the new Spark ?
Actually, to be fair, this feature has been standard since the 2010 refresh. I bought my Spark (1.0 PS) in June 2010 and it has a Digital tachometer alright. Other settings of the MID include a Digital clock, a tripmeter and a Voltage monitor, apart from the Fuel and Temp indicators.
Old 9th June 2011, 15:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordavenger View Post
Actually, to be fair, this feature has been standard since the 2010 refresh. I bought my Spark (1.0 PS) in June 2010 and it has a Digital tachometer alright. Other settings of the MID include a Digital clock, a tripmeter and a Voltage monitor, apart from the Fuel and Temp indicators.
It would be helpful if you can post a image of digital tachometer.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
It would be helpful if you can post a image of digital tachometer.
Here you go.

At idle:
Spy Shot- Chevrolet Spark...!-09062011052.jpg

On revving:
Spy Shot- Chevrolet Spark...!-09062011051.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality: the E52 still camera sucks under low light conditions!

I would highly recommend the car if you are considering a purchase: fantastic VFM, and a driver's delight to boot!
Old 10th June 2011, 10:08   #42
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed!

Guys, this is a 5 year old thread. The Spark is still the same with minor facelifts here and there which are covered in other related threads like:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ed-2011-a.html (Chevrolet Spark model variants Rejigged 2011)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks