Team-BHP - Price hike from Maruti-Suzuki on all models; Vitara Brezza up by Rs. 20,000!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Price hike from Maruti-Suzuki on all models; Vitara Brezza up by Rs. 20,000! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178633-price-hike-maruti-suzuki-all-models-vitara-brezza-up-rs-20-000-a.html)

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki has increased prices on all its models. The Japanese carmaker has announced prices will be going up with immediate effect. The quantum of increase is 1500-5000 on most models, but its two bestsellers have the larger hikes. The newest car in the Maruti portfolio, the subcompact SUV Vitara Brezza has a 20,000 price hike which is quite steep. Maruti though says that it had launched the Vitara Brezza in March at an introductory price and so this hike was imminent. The Baleno premium hatchback's price has been upped by 10,000.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/price-hike...20-000-1438851

No wonder given the robust demand and long waiting time, said to exceed nine months in some case. Another round could be in the offing, come next January.

Competition can scratch their heads, but India sticks just with the winners, at least in cars.

To be honest, there's no reason as such for a hike now. Inflation is steady, diesel is very low so "increase in cost of raw materials" can be ruled out.

Quote:

This time around , the company cites forex movement and strategic product decisions as reasons for the hikes.
Are they recovering the money lost due to the beating the Pound has been taking in recent times?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolFire (Post 4026473)
No wonder given the robust demand and long waiting time, said to exceed nine months in some case. Another round could be in the offing, come next January.

Competition can scratch their heads, but India sticks just with the winners, at least in cars.

I had booked Ford Ecosport in 2013 and got frustrated with long waiting period. Ford hiked the price twice and it was almost a lakh more than the amount quoted while booking. Finally, I cancelled the booking. Post Brezza launch, Ford slashed the price within hours. Good competitive cars would ultimately benefit us :D.

MSIL is making hay when the sun is shining. Record sales in July and they hike the price. Commendable!

Great time for Maruti shareholders.
There is no reason as such for the price hike apart from they are trying to maximize profit from the cars which are having huge demand and waiting period extending to 9 months. (I seriously can't understand why someone on earth would even book a car with 9 months' waiting period) Every car manufacturer does that and Maruti is not an exception.

What is simply amazing is that India public craze for the leaders and apathy towards very capable cars from other brands which means Maruti and Hyundai will keep their stranglehold on the Indian car market for long. What Maruti needs to keep in mind though is that cars like Brezza and Baleno became huge success because they offered more value-for-money than the competitors. So, too much greed from Maruti might result in their downfall.

Maruti is encashing the demand, & why not? They have every right to do that guy's, let's not crib about that. Everybody does that. Its simple law of demand and supply, they are in demand they will encash it. It demand goes down tomorrow, they will give discounts as well, so don't worry ;) If you want discounts, stop buying it, you will automatically get discount :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 4026650)
Maruti is encashing the demand, & why not? They have every right to do that guy's, let's not crib about that. Everybody does that. Its simple law of demand and supply, they are in demand they will encash it. It demand goes down tomorrow, they will give discounts as well, so don't worry ;) If you want discounts, stop buying it, you will automatically get discount :)

+1.
When Swift was popular, Maruti Suzuki followed the same trick of jacking up the prices. Now, we have discounts on the same model to clear some inventories. In fact, that's an interesting and well-known strategy to lure customers. Jacking up prices when demand is good and maintaining a profit cushion. Later on when the demand weakens, you use the cushion to offer discounts which further attract buyers.

Many other manufacturers have followed the same principle of hiking prices of best-selling models. Case in point which I can remember immediately, Ecosport (same story as introductory pricing) and Innova.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 4026568)
I seriously can't understand why someone on earth would even book a car with 9 months' waiting period

This. I remember checking out the Polo back in 2010 when it was just launched, and almost writing out the cheque for the booking amount when the dealer told me there is a 6 month waiting period. Dropped the idea then and there. Waiting periods on everyday passenger cars are ridiculous, these are not bespoke Rolls Royces we are talking about here.

Guess the average buyer is ready to wait it out though, with manufacturers like Maruti and Hyundai laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 4026568)
I seriously can't understand why someone on earth would even book a car with 9 months' waiting period.

100% true. Another price hike is right around the corner (new year 2017). Someone booking now, would end up paying at least 50k-60k more than the introductory prices,as they would have to wait till January. What's worse? They might end up with a late 2016 manufactured vehicle but pay the updated price of 2017 lot.

I already see a lot of new Ecosport's and I20's. It looks like long waiting period of some cars are boosting the sales of cars from other manufacturers.:thumbs up

Is there an increase in S-Cross price too? The car is not doing wonders as far as sales are concerned and if the price increase has been applied here too, the selling will become further difficult.

I am told 1.6 is not moving at all, people are picking up 1.3 for its VFM preposition and buyers with deep pockets are complaining of poor city performance of 1.6 (excessive turbo lag) resulting in either picking up alternates or booking Brezza because of wider / roomier interiors (No idea if the built quality of Brezza is better / at par compared to S-Cross).

A friend was out to buy 1.6 S-Cross ended up buying Creta CRDI SX because of smoother oil burner, good city performance and better highway manners compared to S-Cross

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 4026894)
Is there an increase in S-Cross price too? The car is not doing wonders as far as sales are concerned and if the price increase has been applied here too, the selling will become further difficult.

I am told 1.6 is not moving at all, people are picking up 1.3 for its VFM preposition and buyers with deep pockets are complaining of poor city performance of 1.6 (excessive turbo lag) resulting in either picking up alternates or booking Brezza because of wider / roomier interiors (No idea if the built quality of Brezza is better / at par compared to S-Cross).

A friend was out to buy 1.6 S-Cross ended up buying Creta CRDI SX because of smoother oil burner, good city performance and better highway manners compared to S-Cross

I am not sure about price hike for S-Cross. Nexa website is showing old prices.

1.6 S-Cross is available only in Alpha variant and built on order.

Brezza is a smaller car and sub 4 metre. S-Cross has more interior space and better seats too.

Better highway manners in Creta compared to S-Cross 1.6?:Shockked:. 1.6 S-Cross is the car for highway drives :D.

I had booked Ecosport a long time ago and later backed out due to long waiting period plus I wasn't getting the Titanium variant.

Dropped plan.

Later booked for Brezza on the first official day of booking opening as dealer refused under hand booking.

Got Brezza Zdi with in March only.

Brezza I am using as a small city hatch. Even though the build quality is rather poor especially if compared to Ecosport but it is selling as its a Maruti.

So Yes, Maruti sells.

And its a good city hatch with good ground clearance and mileage.

And later as I found out on a long drive that my feet meddle with the steering column in the Ecosport.

Cutting it short, Maruti is making hay while the sun shines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4026925)

Brezza is a smaller car and sub 4 metre. S-Cross has more interior space and better seats too.

Better highway manners in Creta compared to S-Cross 1.6?:Shockked:. 1.6 S-Cross is the car for highway drives :D.

Steering of both cars is equally good or bad, in terms of stability and performance (I am concerned at sane speed say upto 120 kmph); Creta shines.

Both have 6 speed gear box
Turbo lag is better managed in Creta
Interiors are better in Creta
Seating height and all round visibility is better in Creta
Ergonomics are better in Creta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4026925)

Just wanted to add to this discussion.
I was being offered a 40k exchange bonus and a 10k corporate discount by my local nexa dealer(Guwahati) in Dec. But they did not have the color which I wanted so I waited. I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying that the color I wanted is available now but no exchange bonus.
Should I wait a few more days for better deals or are prices likely to go up as seen in various news articles.