Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 09:02   #61
BHPian

re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

I am a bit confused! Has the launch happened or is it just a soft launch? Shouldn't the title of the thread be edited?
Old 26th September 2016, 09:37   #62
BHPian

re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Avventura Urban Cross has been silently launched by Fiat India.
I think the big launch is imminent. I was at Orion Mall, Bangalore yesterday (around 6.00pm) and preparations were on for the launch. Stage, posters, banners, etc were all being set-up.

So I guess the launch will happen today.
BeantownThinker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 10:41   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. Now launched.

Official website is now up and running.

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-urban_cross_vlp_bg.jpg

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-1.jpg

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-2.jpg

Brochure link

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th September 2016 at 10:43.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:19   #64
BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

Does any other manufacturer dare to use this slogan for their sub 10L hatch?!!

Looks like the Urban Cross also comes with leather seats, with the sporty red and black combination. Even the dashboard and door arm rests seem to have the leather works with beautiful white stitches. It must be a looker inside out with the Bossanove White body finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-screen-shot-20160926-11.05.27-am.png  

Last edited by vpillai : 26th September 2016 at 11:20. Reason: .
vpillai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:38   #65
BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpillai View Post

Looks like the Urban Cross also comes with leather seats, with the sporty red and black combination. Even the dashboard and door arm rests seem to have the leather works with beautiful white stitches. It must be a looker inside out with the Bossanove White body finish.
Wonder how the actual product would turn out to be when the brochure seems like it is done by an intern. The T - Jet surely deserved a page of its own. Also seems like nobody even bothered to proof read it with repetitions present in the feature list. And really could they not find more illegible fonts.
Old 26th September 2016, 13:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

I saw a unregistered red Urban Cross on my way back from work last week. Was surprised to see this car on the road so soon. This car looks good and this ain't my soft spot for Fiat talking.

What I am not happy about is the Abarth slowly losing its exclusive tag. They've used the same engine and taken the Abarth alloys too. They should have limited the Urban Cross to the old 112bhp T Jet motor. There was nothing wrong with this motor. Moreover 140 horses on a car that will roll more than a Punto ain't a good thing.

Anyway; in Fiat's books, this should be the 5th model from the Punto line up.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 26th September 2016 at 13:44.
sandeepmohan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 13:53   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. Now launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am one who's always wished that manufacturers limit the number of variants they offer - by keeping the differentiators significant, yet giving meaningful choice.

Sadly, Fiat seems to have taken this to the extreme: The diesel engine comes in only the Active/Dynamic variants, which are significantly lacking in features (no airbags, no auto door lock, no boot release from inside, no rear defogger/wiper) and the top-end variant comes with only the petrol T-Jet engine.

See below for the list of features, for which you're forced to buy the T-Jet engine. While it is a brilliant engine, it might not be the choice of everyone.
Name:  20160926.png
Views: 3702
Size:  100.3 KB
arunphilip is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 13:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I saw a unregistered red Urban Cross on my way back from work last week. Was surprised to see this car on the road so soon. This car looks good and this ain't my soft spot for Fiat talking.

What I am not happy about is the Abarth slowly losing its exclusive tag. They've used the same engine and taken the Abarth alloys too. They should have limited the Urban Cross to the old 112bhp T Jet motor. There was nothing wrong with this motor. Moreover 140 horses on a car that will roll more than a Punto ain't a good thing.

This should have been the Avventura actually !!! Dont know why the dimwits at FIAT thought a rear mounted wheel would set the sales chart on fire. I agree that FIAT should have limited the 140 bhp motor only for Abarth cars rather than putting it here. Does emotion also comes with 4 disc brakes?
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 13:58   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Wonder how the actual product would turn out to be when the brochure seems like it is done by an intern. The T - Jet surely deserved a page of its own. Also seems like nobody even bothered to proof read it with repetitions present in the feature list. And really could they not find more illegible fonts.
+1, very shabby work. Looks like its designed by somebody who has just finished a Web designing course

Last edited by #win : 26th September 2016 at 14:00.
Old 26th September 2016, 14:03   #70
BHPian

I was just checking the brochure of the Urban cross and I am quite surprised that none of the diesel variants get airbags !

Is it a mistake in the brochure or is it for real?

In the Punto Evo brochure - only the "emotion" variants get airbags ( top end)

But on the urban cross , the diesel variants are only Active and Dynamic, no emotion diesel variant offered and hence no airbags ?

Also the fire prevention system is marked as "Exact" for the Dynamic and Emotion - This should be for the Door open position if i am right. So this brochure may not have been reviewed properly before release and hence has erroneous data?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-urban_cross_brochure.png  

The Observer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 15:20   #71
BHPian

I was eyeing the Avventura abarth a while now but the only limiting factor for me was that ridiculous spare wheel arrangement and the fact it weighed a whopping 200kgs more than the regular abarth. And I think Fiat has done the right thing with this model.

It may be a dinosaur but thats not really a bad thing IMO. Name one other car that offers 140hp , all four discs and high GC, all under 10Lakhs? Its the last of a dying breed with a Hydraulic steering, a proper enthusiasts' car thats a hoot to drive and yet, can go off the beaten path. The best hot hatch for India by far I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

Body roll will be the same whether you have 112hp or 140hp or 180hp. Its a matter of suspension, center of gravity, speed (through thecorner) and weight etc... Body roll should not dictate horse power and by your logic a fortuner or endeavour should only come with a 75hp engine. Simply take the corner slowly and unleash that 140hp beast on the straights how hard can that be.

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 26th September 2016 at 15:32.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 16:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Body roll should not dictate horse power
Agreed but I would like to say, what use is it to have so much power when car control is compromised.

As it turns out, the Abarth itself seems difficult to control when you push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
and by your logic a fortuner or endeavour should only come with a 75hp engine.
They come with bigger, more powerful engines for a completely different reason. Acceleration or speed ain't the agenda on a SUV.
Old 26th September 2016, 16:25   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Showcased in a shopping mall in Bangalore.

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-14448980_1105617052856692_2861583549891887807_n.jpg

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-14449004_1105617342856663_8444484362610656655_n.jpg

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-14457314_1105617249523339_3292011255410870500_n.jpg

Tauseef See's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpillai View Post
It's a part of an ongoing contest, where the contestant with the "wackiest answer" stands to win an Avventura Urban Cross.

Twitter trend is - (hashtag) CrossOutOrdinary

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-ctqw8znumaagigj.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th September 2016 at 16:51. Reason: Added Twitter contest details.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 17:12   #74
BHPian

Ok Fiat. Here's some logic.

You are positioning this as a tourer, a vehicle that would be wonderful for long distance cruising and to reach places where you can do a lot of adventures. You are not positioning this for the urban commute.

So, why on earth would you not bring an automatic version!? All your engines probably have automatics available in the market. You just need to get into an agreement with the supplier and stick it in there. I can help you with it, if you'd like!

ARGH! I sometimes really go mad when I see such crazy things / omissions on such competent products.

[/rant]
Old 26th September 2016, 17:52   #75
BHPian

I really hope this one sells. I really love the red leather (or faux leather) seats and dash with the white stitching.

1) Why is that the rear skid plate has Aventura on it. Shouldn't it be Urban Cross or is Urban Cross a sub brand of Aventura like 'Aventura Urban Cross'. A bit confused
2) Why no Emotion variant of the Diesel. Definitely should have been there, maybe with the 1.6 MJD
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks