Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 18:05   #76
BHPian

This is how Avventura should have been launched in the first place.
Cladding on the rear looks a bit over done
Old 26th September 2016, 18:21   #77
BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Agreed but I would like to say, what use is it to have so much power when car control is compromised.

As it turns out, the Abarth itself seems difficult to control when you push it.
Well, its always a compromise is'nt it? If they'd made it any stiffer we'd be complaining about the ride being harsh. Lots of manufacturers struggle to find a right balance between ride and handling and the only way to get the best of both worlds would be one of those air or magnetic suspension systems which would work out too expensive in a budget hatch.

I personally feel its better if the handling is slightly compromised than ride quality. Lets face it...most of us will use our cars for 80% of the time on pot-holed city roads and only the rest on flat highways or ghat roads. So a little body roll is not a big deal breaker than a very bumpy ride.

Sure the punto abarth should have had a stiffer set-up as it is marketed as sports hatch.

[quote=They come with bigger, more powerful engines for a completely different reason. Acceleration or speed ain't the agenda on a SUV.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. but how many of us actually use them according to their intended purpose? I see many of these big offroaders doing ridiculous speeds on highways with massive body roll and yet most of them would never have seen a patch of dirt.
Old 27th September 2016, 07:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Does emotion also comes with 4 disc brakes?
From the images, it does not appear to be discs all round. Fiat India have not highlighted this as well on their website or brochure.

The stopping power from the disc drum combination should be good. However; with a 140hp motor, it would have been nice to have an all disc set up. It is the way forward.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 09:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
From the images, it does not appear to be discs all round. Fiat India have not highlighted this as well on their website or brochure.

The stopping power from the disc drum combination should be good. However; with a 140hp motor, it would have been nice to have an all disc set up. It is the way forward.
Even though Fiat web site doesn`t talk about all round disks, but urban cross abarth has all round disk brakes and it can be clearly seen in the below pic taken from Overdrive first drive report.
Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-fiaturbancrosssideimages.jpg

Courtesy: http://overdrive.in/reviews/fiat-avv...-drive-review/

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th September 2016 at 09:58. Reason: Abarth typo fixed.
DragonHawk is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th September 2016, 11:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Even though Fiat web site doesn`t talk about all round disks, but urban cross abarth has all round disk brakes and it can be clearly seen in the below pic taken from Overdrive first drive report.
Attachment 1559642

Courtesy: http://overdrive.in/reviews/fiat-avv...-drive-review/
In Pune, Urban Cross Emotion is: 9,84,300, while the Abarth is: 9,99,000. So with 15K more, you get branding of Abarth with lowered (Compared to Cross) suspension, without touch screen system.
Old 27th September 2016, 11:57   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
In Pune, Urban Cross Emotion is: 9,84,300, while the Abarth is: 9,99,000. So with 15K more, you get branding of Abarth with lowered (Compared to Cross) suspension, without touch screen system.
Urban cross Abarth makes sense to those people who thinks Abarth body stickers are too loud for one`s taste and are concerned about low ground clearance. If I am asked to choose between Urban cross and Abarth punto, I would straight away pick the former as my requirement matches more with Urban cross than Abarth punto.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 13:20   #82
Lij
BHPian

More pictures of the Urban Cross showcased in a Bangalore mall courtesy Rushlane.

https://www.rushlane.com/fiat-avvent...-12183038.html
Lij is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 20:09   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Ok Fiat. Here's some logic.

You are positioning this as a tourer, a vehicle that would be wonderful for long distance cruising and to reach places where you can do a lot of adventures. You are not positioning this for the urban commute.

So, why on earth would you not bring an automatic version!?
[/rant]
Completely baffled by this comment. Isn't an automatic more useful in the city? On the highway one stays in fifth for long stretches, and rarely shifts.
rsidd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 15:59   #84
BHPian

Fiat Urban Cross is nothing but a hatchback based crossover, which is based on a crossover based hatchback.

Considering its pricing, its another step by Fiat India towards vanishing from the Indian market as a brand.
amitahirrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 20:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
Considering its pricing, its another step by Fiat India towards vanishing from the Indian market as a brand.
Another new reason to get vanished.

What do you mean? I do not understand. You mean to say it is cheap/expensive? what does this pricing do with Fiat vanishing from here?
Old 29th September 2016, 21:08   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Another new reason to get vanished.

What do you mean? I do not understand. You mean to say it is cheap/expensive? what does this pricing do with Fiat vanishing from here?
There are various automotive analysts quoted about Fiat India's extinction from the Indian market in next 3 years. The main reasons are
1- Current product lineup pricing (expensive compared to competition)
2- Fiat's future product pipeline is dry
3- The company shelved the plan for replacements of the Punto and the Linea, this was planned a year ago.
4- Current market share of Fiat India

And then in India there are more Fiat lovers than buyers.
amitahirrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 23:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

^^ So you have now safely deviated from Urban Cross? I did not ask why do you think Fiat will be vanishing out of India. I just asked what made you think that the pricing of Urban cross is an indication that Fiat is shutting down. If you think Urban cross is priced high, I am sorry for your ignorance.
Old 29th September 2016, 23:49   #88
BHPian

Quote:
^^ So you have now safely deviated from Urban Cross? I did not ask why do you think Fiat will be vanishing out of India. I just asked what made you think that the pricing of Urban cross is an indication that Fiat is shutting down. If you think Urban cross is priced high, I am sorry for your ignorance.
I have quoted '"another step towards vanishing from the Indian market". Yes, i think Urban cross is priced high considering Etios cross priced at 6.35 L. There are more reasons than only pricing for Fiat to vanish and this price is just another reason to result poor sales of this new car.
Old 30th September 2016, 00:51   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you think Urban cross is priced high, I am sorry for your ignorance.
I am wondering why the TJet variant is priced so high though!

If the regular TJet could have been sold around 8.5ish compared to the current 10ish range for the Abarth, the regular should have been a good choice instead.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 01:26   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I am wondering why the TJet variant is priced so high though!

If the regular TJet could have been sold around 8.5ish compared to the current 10ish range for the Abarth, the regular should have been a good choice instead.
It is still 50k cheaper than the Avventura powered by Abarth.

But, I would agree that they would have given regular Tjet engine (the one in Linea) and priced much lower. No need for Abarth at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
Yes, i think Urban cross is priced high considering Etios cross priced at 6.35 L.
No way I could compare the Urban Cross T-Jet with 1.2L Etios Cross.
And you need to get the data right. Etios Cross Diesel start from 7.7L while Urban Cross Diesel start from 6.85L.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 30th September 2016 at 01:37.
rameshnanda is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks