Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 08:45   #106
BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

Nope, that's a typo mistake. It has 205 MM ground clearance. IMO, Urban Cross has some nice package and is the real value for money. There's no point of hate it except for it's omission of Emotion diesel and omission of airbags in dynamic variant.

That said, am planning to buy Tjet. But can't able to decide between Avvy and Urban Cross.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2016 at 21:39. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 12:48   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh

@ shashanka

You bring up AWD option that is not available in the Indian Market and "ecosport awd" search on google is irrelevant as far as Indian Market concerned. I ask you again which one do you consider the best SUV and why. (please do not the consider the variants/models not launched in India). It would be your opinion and nothing wrong with it. But atleast mention which one for everyone to know than belittling everything that is around except for may be Duster and Ecosport and calling the buying lot as scribes with no knowledge is taking it too far.

As Fiat with it is a known fact that they do not consider India as a serious market to offer various models, they are here for making money selling MJD engines and Jeep manufacturing and exports. Nothing new will come from them, any expectation will lead to disappointment.

PS: The bashing by you is not in just this thread, the latest one I came across is the BRV thread. Heck even the Duster and XUV is primarily a FWD with an AWD drive option. And yeah the XUV sells too and even Mahindra filling its coffers. So why should Hyundai, Maruti, Fiat (though it would not fill even my pocket) not fill its coffers.

@Mods please move these off topic posts to the relevant thread. Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2016 at 21:40. Reason: Quoted post deleted
nkrishnap is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 13:11   #108
Team-BHP Support

Actually, you will be very surprised to know how far a 2WD high GC vehicle can go in the right hands. And you will also be surprised to know how quickly a AWD/4WD vehicle can get bogged down (that's why pretty much all off-roaders "hunt" in a group, with towing cables & winches).

See, you are fine with a Duster because it has AWD. But then there are others who will say Duster is a joke because it is monocoque, has road tyres, no diff lock and what not. There is no end to this.

If many people have bought Creta or Brezza, its not because it looks like a SUV. The relative failure of hatchback + black cladding (Etios, Polo etc) models is a testimony to the fact. People buy Creta/Brezza is because it makes for a great package - ground clearance, features, looks and even price.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2016 at 21:39. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
SmartCat is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 16:25   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Nope, that's a typo mistake. It has 205 MM ground clearance. IMO, Urban Cross has some nice package and is the real value for money. There's no point of hate it except for it's omission of Emotion diesel and omission of airbags in dynamic variant.

That said, am planning to buy Tjet. But can't able to decide between Avvy and Urban Cross.
Wildy, good news is that Fiat has introduced the Emotion variant for Urban Cross Diesel too. I've the price list from Fiat showroom to confirm this

Also there is no point going for Avventura now, better is Urban Cross. Also they have a 28k interior design package which is wonderful and worth to go for. It will change the interior look drastically. You can see in the ADs its a dark orange tan colorish.

BTW when I took the test drive, 3 guys were sitting behind and the corner sitting guys were uncomfortable. Its a 4 seater comfortable car. 5th person will have issues with shoulder line touching constantly to the body. So if its just 2 or 4 people then go for it.
rudrah is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 16:53   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Wildy, good news is that Fiat has introduced the Emotion variant for Urban Cross Diesel too. I've the price list from Fiat showroom to confirm this
What is the on-road price of the emotion variant in your city? Please let me know.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 17:48   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Also there is no point going for Avventura now, better is Urban Cross. Also they have a 28k interior design package which is wonderful and worth to go for. It will change the interior look drastically. You can see in the ADs its a dark orange tan colorish.

BTW when I took the test drive, 3 guys were sitting behind and the corner sitting guys were uncomfortable. Its a 4 seater comfortable car. 5th person will have issues with shoulder line touching constantly to the body. So if its just 2 or 4 people then go for it.

Thank You Rudrah for updating on this. But I lost in my interest on 1.3 diesel. Thanks to Fiat strange policy on Urban Cross. Otherwise, I wouldn't even considered Tjet in my life. I've decided to spin my money on Urban Cross Tjet Only.

Yes, I too agree that, Punto/Urban Cross/Avventura is comfortable for Four people only, Infact, even Linea too. Somehow, I feel Old Palio has better rear leg room.

BTW, can you please post the price list? Especially, I would like to know Ex Show room price of Diesel Emotion Variant.

BTW, see the attachment for updated brochure.

Fiat_Urban_Cross With diesel emotion.pdf

Last edited by Wildy : 17th November 2016 at 18:15. Reason: to add updated brochure
Old 17th November 2016, 19:09   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
What is the on-road price of the emotion variant in your city? Please let me know.
Quote:
Thank You Rudrah for updating on this. But I lost in my interest on 1.3 diesel.
Ex-showroom for 1.3 MJD Emotion is 808041/- : OTR - 1011324
Ex-showroom for 1.4 TJet Emotion is 945573/- : OTR - 1162418

What is the price offer for both at your end?

Yes, I've the Palio Stile 1.6 and the rear has better room for 3 passengers and leg room too. Plus its comfortable too.

Also I've observed the rear seats of Urban Cross is bit upright position so i'm bit wary about the comfort on a long drive for the rear passengers. Its not like in Linea which has a fantastic comfortable position and seats. Not sure of Punto Evo as i haven't sat on it. I would prefer a relaxing position at the rear and not a upright position. So think about that too.

As you see in the broucher you posted, thats the optional design for interiors available. Go for it incase you choose Urban Cross. Apart from the skin, you get the door handles in black glossy color which looks rich.

The infotainment screen frankly is poor and bit unresponsive too.

So if you have that extra moolah then TJet is for you else the MJD Emotion is worth it.

P.S. if you can stretch for the Urban Cross TJet, then I would personally feel you should go for Abarth Punto, the ride handling will be much superior than the Urban Cross

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2016 at 08:59. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
rudrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 04:26   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Ex-showroom for 1.3 MJD Emotion is 808041/- : OTR - 1011324
Ex-showroom for 1.4 TJet Emotion is 945573/- : OTR - 1162418

- Don't know about MJD emotion price yet. But, here the Urban Cross Tjet is priced at 9,90,000 as Ex Show room price. You quoted it as 9,45,573 at your place. Are you sure about it? It should be North of 9,85,000. Please confirm about it.

- Regarding optional design package, I would like to buy a Red color one. Would this burgundy package will be good in that one?

- Also, would it be sensible to buy a Spare Alloy Wheel (Scorpion one) which should be 14 k for each?.

- I think Tjet is more fun to drive engine. But, Yes, it should be two lakhs extra than MJD emotion, but hopefully, in EMI's it won't hurt that much.

- Punto Abarth might be a good handler. But very often, I do off-road and sometimes full on board, hence opted for Urban Cross Tjet.

Also, do you think there will be price slash/discounts for the Tjet variant in January/February 2017?

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2016 at 08:59. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 6th December 2016, 10:19   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Also, do you think there will be price slash/discounts for the Tjet variant in January/February 2017?
I have approached Fiat Caffe dealer in Bangalore for the details on Urban Cross Diesel Emotion. He said the price is almost same as Punto Evo for now and will increase from January. Not sure about the TJet though, and couldn't predict anything in 2017 with demonetisation chaos.

My final decision on buying Punto Evo Exotica Red started melting towards Urban Cross. Road Presence of this one is much stronger than the punto evo. Also the Brown color started growing on me as the black cladding is too loud on red color urban cross.

Is there any long term issues with these plastic claddings which is all over the urban cross. I'm worried about those plastic parts. Will it stay in place and look good after few years?

Avventura and Urban cross owners, please shed some light here.
EPMV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 12:45   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
I have approached Fiat Caffe dealer in Bangalore for the details on Urban Cross Diesel Emotion.

I don't think they would hike Urban Cross price, especially considering the financial choas. Instead, we can predict they may reduce the EVO price.

Fiat claddings are known for sturdy and long lasting, especially considering their Palio Adventure. I can see they are still strong.

Advance congrats brother. By the way, have they offered any discounts on Urban Cross if you buy before 30th December-2017?

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2016 at 09:00. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 6th December 2016, 13:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat claddings are known for sturdy and long lasting, especially considering their Palio Adventure. I can see they are still strong.

Advance congrats brother. By the way, have they offered any discounts on Urban Cross if you buy before 30th December-2017?
Thank you bro.

I heard that we can squeeze much discounts while negotiating on Dec manufactured car on January. And also my finance troubles will get clear by January only. Hence planning to book it on January.
EPMV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 14:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
My final decision on buying Punto Evo Exotica Red started melting towards Urban Cross. Road Presence of this one is much stronger than the punto evo. Also the Brown color started growing on me as the black cladding is too loud on red color urban cross.
My vote for Urban Cross too, if does look good.

Quote:
Is there any long term issues with these plastic cladding which is all over the urban cross. I'm worried about those plastic parts. Will it stay in place and look good after few years?
Fitment should not be an issue however they would look odd if they fade off. As an alternative you can get some black stickers done so that the shine stays intact without any maintenance needed.
On my Linea, I have observed that the external plastic near the wipers has faded off in less than 2 years. At the same time the huge plastic strip at the rear on the rear bumper (which is a huge boon) hasn't faded off.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 09:09   #118
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine purchased an urban cross dynamic 1.3 a week after I purchased the Evo. Have a look at both the vehicles for comparision. Will plan a shoot by getting an avventura soon also.

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-img-93.jpg

Fiat Urban-Cross to launch in September 2016. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs. 6.85 lakh-img-94.jpg
sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 10:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

A friend of mine purchased an urban cross dynamic 1.3 a week after I purchased the Evo.
So sidindica, you seem to be rubbing in your Love for FIAT into your family & friends eh??

Looking forward for your ownership report as I am sure it will be a cumulative content of all the positives, negatives, comparos, etc
Old 7th December 2016, 11:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post

Fitment should not be an issue however they would look odd if they fade off. As
On my Linea, I have observed that the external plastic near the wipers has faded off in less than 2 years.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
I am using Cherry liquid shoe polish once every quarter and it works like a charm.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks