Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2016, 20:52   #406
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I need to work on the following now
- Partial loan (already approved, just need to get it processed)
- Insurance. Venku - Did you get the insurance from outside?
- Special Number.
- TGA
Update -

Insurance
Finished the Insurance part now. Got a quote for a zero dep-bumper to bumper insurance from Bharati AXA for 71K. I would be saving 51K (Toyota - 122K)

TGA
During my visit to Lanson Toyota last week to checkout a Pearl White Fortuner which was ready for delivery (as I was confused whether to go with Super White or Pearl White), I found the car to be fully decked up. The reg number was 7777 - Politician for sure. Got the quote for the interiors done on the car.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161206wa0017.jpeg

I will be picking up just 5 from the list (marked next to the price). I will check tomorrow if there are any chances for bargaining.

Last edited by ampere : 6th December 2016 at 21:23.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 21:06   #407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I will be picking up just 5 from the list
Congrats, Scuff plates for 12,500 looks too expensive to me, front fender mirror, unlike the previous generation, has limited functional usage & does not blend with the overall design of the new one. Do check on some other car before you drill holes. Post some photos of side cladding & rear bumper guard. Also, check if they are charging Rs 35000 for CR70 film for whole of the car - which looks too less as 3M charges around Rs 500 per Sqft unless I am confusing with something else

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th December 2016 at 21:28.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 23:41   #408
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats,
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Scuff plates for 12,500 looks too expensive to me.
They are indeed very expensive. But, since they are "illuminated" and as I did not want to take any risks with warranty (especially because the Fortuner comes with LED Head lights), I would go in for TGA scuffs.

Quote:
Front fender mirror, unlike the previous generation, has limited functional usage & does not blend with the overall design of the new one. Do check on some other car before you drill holes.
Like you have rightly pointed out, the fender mirror is different from the earlier one. This comes with just one reflector and not the twin split reflectors that were present earlier. The mirror now shows the ground on the left side of the car (near the front left tyre). The change in fender mirror could be due to the new headlight design, which protrudes into the fender.

IMO, this additional view will be useful in tricky situations. The fender mirror looks good on a Pearl White Fortuner and not so good on a Brown Fortuner.

Quote:
Post some photos of side cladding & rear bumper guard.
This is from the Toyota Bharat website
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-side-claddings_tcm34112389.jpg

This is a screen shot from one of the videos from the Boot Camp
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20161206231544.png

Both are slightly different, but the black part of the side cladding is not visible in the first picture (as the car is of darker shade).

Quote:
Also, check if they are charging Rs 35000 for CR70 film for whole of the car - which looks too less as 3M charges around Rs 500 per Sqft unless I am confusing with something else
The accessory person told me that Rs. 35K is for CR70 on the entire car including the front windshield which is quite competitive. I will check the price with 3M and then take a call. The Rs. 500/sq ft is for the PPF (Paint Protection Film) and not the Sun Protection Film.
Old 7th December 2016, 23:11   #409
BHPian

Guys here's the update on my booking so far.

Have booked the 4x4 Auto Super white color on 26th November 2016 and car will be dispatched on 9th December, PDI on 10th and delivery on 11th. Yes, the dealer will be working this Sunday and deliver the car to me.

Toyota allowed me to get insurance myself and hence I saved around Rs40k overall.

Ordered the following Toyota genuine accessories:

1. Illuminated scuff plates: Approx Rs12500/-
2. Interior foot-well LED lights: Rs 7500/-

Plus opted for the 4th and 5th year extended warranty which will take the total warranty kms to 1,80,000kms/5 years as opposed to standard 1,00,000kms/3years for Rs 42000/-.

I also asked for front sensors which can alert me on oncoming nearby obstacles which is a boon in tight traffic. Unfortunately, Toyota does not have these sensors with them so will look into this later.

Another news I heard from the dealer is Toyota working on a 360 degree parking view system which will consist of cameras all round the car and one can get a live top view of the car while reversing. I feel this is much advanced system and can be more or equally helpful like the Park assist in the new Endeavour. This system can be fitted later once the accessory is available, although the pricing is not known yet.
This 360 degree parking system is available in the new Pajero Sport which isn't launched in India yet.

Will update the car pics once I go for PDI on Saturday, until then I am all dreaming about the beast

Last edited by Venku2015 : 7th December 2016 at 23:15.
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 23:29   #410
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Guys here's the update on my booking so far.

Have booked the 4x4 Auto Super white color on 26th November 2016 and car will be dispatched on 9th December, PDI on 10th and delivery on 11th. Yes, the dealer will be working this Sunday and deliver the car to me.

Toyota allowed me to get insurance myself and hence I saved around Rs40k overall.

Ordered the following Toyota genuine accessories:

1. Illuminated scuff plates: Approx Rs12500/-
2. Interior foot-well LED lights: Rs 7500/-

Plus opted for the 4th and 5th year extended warranty which will take the total warranty kms to 1,80,000kms/5 years as opposed to standard 1,00,000kms/3years for Rs 42000/-.

I also asked for front sensors which can alert me on oncoming nearby obstacles which is a boon in tight traffic. Unfortunately, Toyota does not have these sensors with them so will look into this later.

Another news I heard from the dealer is Toyota working on a 360 degree parking view system which will consist of cameras all round the car and one can get a live top view of the car while reversing. I feel this is much advanced system and can be more or equally helpful like the Park assist in the new Endeavour. This system can be fitted later once the accessory is available, although the pricing is not known yet.
This 360 degree parking system is available in the new Pajero Sport which isn't launched in India yet.

Will update the car pics once I go for PDI on Saturday, until then I am all dreaming about the beast
Oh wow. That was super quick. Congrats.

The extended warranty for the 4th & 5th year costs 27K in Chennai. Need to check with my SA if there is a 1.8 lakh km in the extension.

360° view would be wonderful given the size of the Fortuner. Hope we get it soon.

Today I visited the Lanson Toyota showroom. My car is yet to be despatched from Toyota. The dealer has promised to inform me when the truck arrives, so that I can see my car being unloaded and also carry out the PDI.

Met the accessories person and found them this interesting website. www.toyotamakemycar.com. This website gives a great idea on how the car would look with all the TGA. My accessory list is going up..
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 23:49   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The extended warranty for the 4th & 5th year costs 27K in Chennai. Need to check with my SA if there is a 1.8 lakh km in the extension.
The extended warranty for 27k is applicable for 5 years & 1 Lakh kms.

^ I have opted for the same
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 00:01   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Oh wow. That was super quick. Congrats.

Met the accessories person and found them this interesting website. www.toyotamakemycar.com. This website gives a great idea on how the car would look with all the TGA. My accessory list is going up..
Thank you buddy It was indeed quick if you ask me, I had absolutely no clue about my car and today the SA rang me up at 9.30 sharp to give me the good news. This should be my best weekend if everything goes well, God willing.

Yes, you are right the 4th and 5th year extended warranty is Rs 27000/- but just for 1,00,000kms/5 years. I discarded that and went ahead for 1,80,000kms/5 years option for Rs 42000/-. I feel the later option is suitable for my driving needs since I easily do 30 to 35k kms per year.

The website http://www.toyotamakemycar.com/ doesn't work for me, may be its under construction. Will check it out later.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 00:24   #413
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The extended warranty for 27k is applicable for 5 years & 1 Lakh kms.

^ I have opted for the same
I will be opting for the 5 years & 1 Lakh kms.

By the way, we are eagerly looking forward to your video ownership report.

Quote:
Thank you buddy It was indeed quick if you ask me, I had absolutely no clue about my car and today the SA rang me up at 9.30 sharp to give me the good news. This should be my best weekend if everything goes well, God willing.

Yes, you are right the 4th and 5th year extended warranty is Rs 27000/- but just for 1,00,000kms/5 years. I discarded that and went ahead for 1,80,000kms/5 years option for Rs 42000/-. I feel the later option is suitable for my driving needs since I easily do 30 to 35k kms per year.

The website http://www.toyotamakemycar.com/ doesn't work for me, may be its under construction. Will check it out later.
My driving will be far less, since this will be my second car (weekend, holidays only).

My bad, the website is http://www.toyotamakemycar.in

Last edited by MAS : 8th December 2016 at 00:27.
Old 10th December 2016, 22:00   #414
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Venku - Hope you got to see your car and completed the PDI.

Update from my end
- My car is yet to leave the factory
- Got a loan processed for a small part of the cost @ 9.25% repayable in 26 months
- Spoke to the RTO guy from Lanson to get a G.O. Number. Once the car is invoiced to me, it will take about 10 days to complete the registration process.

The wait continues...
Old 10th December 2016, 23:12   #415
BHPian

Hey my car arrived yesterday. Preformed the PDI yesterday itself and gave them thumbs up for the temporary registration, got the insurance done from my agent and I'm counting hours until morning for the delivery. Super excited to own the beast. Will post the delivery pics tomorrow. Cheers
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 15:42   #416
BHPian

Finally my New Fortuner 4x4 Automatic was delivered today at 11.45am by M/S Shodha Toyota, Belgaum. The SUV was kept 100% ready as promised and all the paper work was done without any hassles. Today being Sunday, my entire family was happy to take the delivery of the beast and was a Sunday well spent.

The customary pooja was done and handed over gifts to the GM and Sales advisors who did a fantastic job in getting the car to me within 15 days of my booking. Yeah, you must be thinking if I was given any freebies, but sorry buddies, Toyota is pretty busy managing bookings of the new Fortuner, so nothing to expect here!

Its premature to pen down a review at this stage, but will come up with a ownership review soon. Initial impression after driving the beast for 14 kms from dealership to home:
It feels very powerful and agile. Even the handling felt quite smooth and light and appropriately weighted at speeds.
The auto gearbox is smooth enough and shifts really well. It nicely masks the turbo lag and I felt it peppy enough.
The car was in Normal mode and haven't tried the Power mode yet. Everything feels premium, loved the sound quality and must say its pretty good for a OEM stock audio unit.
The auto headlights work flawlessly, navigation is pretty accurate as well.
The suspension felt a tad sharp and the sole reason for this is 40PSI tyre pressure. Will get it rectified tomorrow.
Let the pictures do the rest of the talking
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-9.jpeg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-4.jpeg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-5.jpeg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-1.jpeg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-8.jpeg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-3.jpeg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-10.jpeg  

Last edited by Venku2015 : 11th December 2016 at 15:45.
Venku2015 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 18:12   #417

Congratulations Venku for owning the Fabulous Fortuner, just need to know is it 2017 manufactured or 2016 ?
sunny_16977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 20:07   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally my New Fortuner 4x4 Automatic was delivered today at 11.45am by M/S Shodha Toyota, Belgaum.

Congrats Venku

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
Congratulations Venku for owning the Fabulous Fortuner, just need to know is it 2017 manufactured or 2016 ?

Sunny i agree that the Fortuner is having an indestructible tag but it definitely doesn't have superpowers to travel into the future (2017) to get itself manufactured for a 2016 delivery
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 20:25   #419
BHPian

First of all, I thank team bhp for letting me in.
Recently bought new fortuner from Leela Krishna Toyota, Vizag.
Actually exchanged my May 2016 model 4*2 automatic Fortuner to get all new generation Fortuner and to my surprise, I got 27lakhs for my old car in exchange.

All it started after seeing New generation Fortuner in few websites and YouTube videos.
On 26th November, went to Leela Krishna Toyota, Vizag for my Fortuner 10k service.
There I saw new generation Fortuner for the first time and immediately fell in love with the car, colour Phantom brown. I met sales manger to get the price and further details of the car and asked for test drive, but there is no test drive car as they were not allowed one.
He also mentioned that there are 27 bookings already and they were allotted only 5 cars to the end of 2016, but couldn't let off my eyes on that car.
I told sales manager that I'm interested in new generation Fortuner and asked for details and he is known to me very well, as this would be my third car in this dealership, he asked me whether I'm interested to exchange my Fortuner, I immediately said "yes". After few minitues, a person from their old car valuation department came, throughly checked my car and fixed the price at 26.5 Lakhs. Then after talking to their GM and furthur negotiations price is fixed at 27lakhs.
Then they said they will take my car now and deliver new car in 2 nd week of January 2017, again after discussions they agreed to give the car which was in the showroom which has landed there just few hours back, actually that car was to be delivered to someone, but due to demonitization, that person sought for two weeks more which turned out to my boon.
I immediately called my banker to get my loan done on the same day to take this car. I didn't leave the showroom until my loan process is compeleted, and my credit note arranged for my old car. I came to the show room 11:00 am in the morning and by 4:00 pm all the process was compeleted to deliver my car meanwhile I asked my friend to bring my son Anirudh to the showroom. Then finally within a day without prior booking I got my new generation Fortuner on that fateful day.

I felt I'm soo lucky to get the my new generation Fortuner without prior booking and getting good price for my old car on exchange.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4285.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_1029.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4307.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4310.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 20:44   #420
Senior - BHPian

Venku- awesome!! Many Congratulations on your super acquisition!!
Looking forward to see the ownership thread soon and Happy Motoring!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks