Team-BHP - Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178687-scoop-next-gen-toyota-fortuner-spotted-edit-preview-page-14-a-11.html)

2 different alloy design i can see from diff pics

Looks like 4x2 has 12 spoke plain alloy
4x4 has 12 spoke criss cross alloy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4082967)
Did you get a chance to drive as well? :) What will be your take? Endeavour or Fortuner if prices and resale is not a concern.

I'm definitely buying this all new Fortuner 4x4 M/T over the Endeavour. If i had to buy an A/T then the 3.2 Endeavour is a better product.

Also sadly they aren't accepting my booking of Diesel 4x4 M/T variant (nor in Mumbai or Gujarat) as they are asking me to wait till launch because the M/T allocations in the initial month is uncertain :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCS (Post 4082972)
2 different alloy design i can see from diff pics

Looks like 4x2 has 12 spoke plain alloy
4x4 has 12 spoke criss cross alloy

agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4082981)
I'm definitely buying this all new Fortuner 4x4 M/T over the Endeavour.

+1.

My classic Fortuner is going strong, no plans to buy right now. But when I do buy another vehicle, it will be the 4x4 MT Fortuner.

No reason to switch.

Maybe I could mate the two and get the old look with the new refinements :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4082951)
Attachment 1571370

Some other points;

- Total of 6 variants coming: 4x2 Petrol Manual, 4x2 Petrol Auto. 4x2 Diesel Manual, 4x2 Diesel Auto, 4x4 Diesel Manual, 4x4 Diesel Auto
- All 4x2 variants have 17"ers
- Shockingly the 4x2 have A/T tyres & the 4x4 had H/T tyres (What was Toyota thinking ?) lol:
- 2.4L Diesel is not coming
- The Electric Tailgate has memory function

It looks like even the 4x2 variants comes with LED lights ( Front & rear ) and Electric tailgate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4082951)
- All 4x2 variants have 17"ers
- Shockingly the 4x2 have A/T tyres & the 4x4 had H/T tyres (What was Toyota thinking ?)

Bridgestone India had imported 4610 units of 265/60R18 tyre on Oct 25th :Shockked:

Karan,

Fully with you and nice to see the confirmation about rear disc brakes!!

Nilanjan, I'm also in similar state of mind, next upgrade is New Fortuner for sure! When I will fall into the trap, have to see my patience and wallet strings!! 😜😜

At the local dealership. This was some 10 days back. There's a good amount of booking even before the launch.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161024wa0014.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161024wa0015.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161024wa0016.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161024wa0017.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161024wa0019.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161024wa0020.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20161024wa0022.jpg

Quote:

I'm definitely buying this all new Fortuner 4x4 M/T over the Endeavour.
Had a look at the new one here in Chandigarh today. Personally, I think it will be too hard for existing owners to convince themselves for an upgrade. To me, this looks more like an update to existing one. Could not drive or even start so won't know how is this different in driveability. Endeavour appears to be a far better overall vehicle. At the very best this can compete with Trend version. If they do price this against Titanium I don't see a reason to buy. Of course, there will be Toyota loyal customers for reliability and peace of mind.

Guy's who are impatient to jump on the new Fortuner might want to check out this video on the Hilux which the new Fortuner is based on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHbn8-ROiQ

Clearly it's a problem for only those who drive this SUV really fast but most of the Fortuners I see on the high way drive way too fast and I shudder to think what would happen if they meet the same kind of emergency situation.

The new Endeavour seems very safe in this regard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4084046)
Clearly it's a problem for only those who drive this SUV really fast but most of the Fortuners I see on the high way drive way too fast and I shudder to think what would happen if they meet the same kind of emergency situation.

The new Endeavour seems very safe in this regard.

Well, unfortunately, nothing of the sort matters to us Indian consumers. The new Fortuner continues to have a below average ride quality, poorly engineered last row (seats continue to occupy a lot of load bay area), below average brakes (even in the disc brake version which is coming here) and will still rule the segment hands down.

Reason? We are bothered only about the following criterion:

Kitna degi?

Kitne mein service hogi?

Kitne mein bikegi?

Nothing else matters to most of us.:deadhorse

The Autocar India review is out:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-402129.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4081452)
- Lastly the utilitarian feel of cabin is now gone (Some people may miss it though), BUT the all new version is OLD SCHOOL enough for the Fortuner fans:)

Karan you had reviewed the Innova Z AT too. How would you rate the interiors compared to that. I do see some shared parts in the new fortuner, but haven't been able to check it out myself. If I remember correctly the fortuner interiors always used to be compared to the Innova. I see that happening still... What's your take?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearlJam (Post 4084247)

The review is an old one done for the 2016 Fortuner in Jakarta. The Fortuner they are driving has a 2.4 ltr. Engine whereas we are getting only the 2.8.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smekad (Post 4084254)
Karan you had reviewed the Innova Z AT too. How would you rate the interiors compared to that. I do see some shared parts in the new fortuner, but haven't been able to check it out myself. If I remember correctly the fortuner interiors always used to be compared to the Innova. I see that happening still... What's your take?

Yes, see to be honest the Hilux, Fortuner & Innova will always have similar interiors. BUT the design of both the cars dashboard is different right from the A/C blower layout to the placement of the instrument cluster, check this image for reference;

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477898861.123339.jpg

I did not spend much time touching or feeling the new Fortuners interior but somehow the quality levels felt similar to the Innova's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 4084285)
The review is an old one done for the 2016 Fortuner in Jakarta. The Fortuner they are driving has a 2.4 ltr. Engine whereas we are getting only the 2.8.

As you are aware the media drives are scheduled to take place after 2 days so the reviews should flow in soon. BUT ACI always finds a way to get the media cars early hence the confusion would have occurred.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4084049)
Well, unfortunately, nothing of the sort matters to us Indian consumers. The new Fortuner continues to have a below average ride quality, poorly engineered last row (seats continue to occupy a lot of load bay area), below average brakes (even in the disc brake version which is coming here) and will still rule the segment hands down.

Reason? We are bothered only about the following criterion:

Kitna degi?

Kitne mein service hogi?

Kitne mein bikegi?

Nothing else matters to most of us.:deadhorse

While I agree that this ideology exists, for a company like Toyota, this is uncalled for. They continue to be one of the safest in the Indian market, and time and again they have proven that they steadily maintain the same level of manufacturing in India as they do globally, not cutting any corners in terms of structural integrity.

Yes, perhaps the Hilux didn't do so spectacularly in the Moose test, but you have to realise that those test conditions are fairly extreme and not a significant characteristic when considering the safety in mind.