Team-BHP - Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178687-scoop-next-gen-toyota-fortuner-spotted-edit-preview-page-14-a-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 4065736)
I don't think this is true since it is already in on sale in other markets with the same suspension and no complaints. There is no India specific suspension for the new Fortuner.

It is possible that they are sourcing/developing some components locally, thus a vendor related issue.

Ahead of it's November-launch, Toyota dealerships across Delhi have started taking bookings for the all-new Fortuner for a token amount of Rs 1 lakh.

Waiting period of the yet-to-be-launched SUV is being claimed to be anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks.

Also, stocks of the current-gen Fortuner have been exhausted. All pending deliveries of the current-gen vehicle is expected to be cleaned up by Navratri-end.

OnCars

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4065990)
Ahead of it's November-launch, Toyota dealerships across Delhi have started taking bookings for the all-new Fortuner for a token amount of Rs 1 lakh.

Waiting period of the yet-to-be-launched SUV is being claimed to be anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks.

Also, stocks of the current-gen Fortuner have been exhausted. All pending deliveries of the current-gen vehicle is expected to be cleaned up by Navratri-end.

OnCars

Taking bookings 'un-officially', a dealership in Mumbai is doing the same.

In the meanwhile the update is that tomorrow & day after the 1st product training is scheduled to take place :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorque (Post 4065758)
It is possible that they are sourcing/developing some components locally, thus a vendor related issue.

Fortuner is not locally manufactured. It comes in as CKD and is only assembled in India. Hence except for consumable parts such as tyres batteries etc, all comes from Thailand.

Your *grape wine* source also claimed there is an issue with the Front Suspension of the Fortuner which is more like sour grapwine to me. When claims like this are made, it just seems dubious or uninformed in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4066026)
Taking bookings 'un-officially', a dealership in Mumbai is doing the same.

In the meanwhile the update is that tomorrow & day after the 1st product training is scheduled to take place :thumbs up

Its not entirely unofficial as at Mumbai they are giving receipts too , mentioning Fortuner. Of course, it is mutual understanding between the customer and dealer that this booking is for which car. Since, specific version's stocks would not be available, it would not have been difficult for dealer to upload customer data even on Toyota website to place a booking , which would make it official. e.g. 4*4 AT in a specific color may not be available. Thus they may officially place order and it must be well known to the dealer that which model would be available and when ( of course the new one after the official launch). I would not be surprised if dealers would have already given their numbers( placed orders) based on their own unofficial bookings and past experience and also may be the " On - payment" part for getting a car out of turn- happy dealer, happy customer.stupid:

Quote:

Fortuner is not locally manufactured. It comes in as CKD and is only assembled in India
If I am not mistaken, there will be much more Indian manufactured parts including Engine and not just Tyres/ Batteries. But qualifying as a Toyota vendor is not easy and there will be many checks.

Quote:

When claims like this are made, it just seems dubious or uninformed in my opinion.
Agreed, Toyota unlike many Indian companies won't launch a thing at customer's expense and that's why they command a premium. You can be virtually assured the same vehicle whether it's produced in the first day or the last. Of course, there can be some assembly niggles as many have experienced in new Innova but I doubt something like suspension needs to be checked before launch.

Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted at Gujarat dealership.

Quote:

Seems launch of the new Fortuner in India is right around the corner. Check out these first pics of the India-spec car at a Gujarat Dealership.
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-for1x.jpg.3edc3bcc47c88873786e8b54692230f4.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-for2x.jpg.9474876be0d8e8f6a84973d8761c8dd0.jpg

Source: http://forum.autocarindia.com/index....comment-167834

Fantastic scoop! This is the first time we are seeing the new Fortuner without any wraps in India. So the November launch looks more realistic.

Are the wheels 17" in the pic? They appear just too small for this behemoth :)

Does anyone have the information on pricing?

Thanks to Pratik Kanada for sharing these images! Caught at an Ahmedabad dealership.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-image00001.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-image00002.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-image00003.jpg

Looks like 17" wheels. Could be 2.4 variant ?

I see rear disc brakes :D

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1475239084.250310.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 4066332)
Fortuner is not locally manufactured. It comes in as CKD and is only assembled in India. Hence except for consumable parts such as tyres batteries etc, all comes from Thailand.

Toyota has achieved 80% localization for both the Crysta and the new Fortuner.

Quote:

Your *grape wine* source also claimed there is an issue with the Front Suspension of the Fortuner which is more like sour grapwine to me. When claims like this are made, it just seems dubious or uninformed in my opinion.

Yes there was a problem with the front suspension and my source is closer to ground zero than you can imagine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4066627)
If I am not mistaken, there will be much more Indian manufactured parts including Engine and not just Tyres/ Batteries. But qualifying as a Toyota vendor is not easy and there will be many checks.

True that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4066627)
Agreed, Toyota unlike many Indian companies won't launch a thing at customer's expense and that's why they command a premium. You can be virtually assured the same vehicle whether it's produced in the first day or the last. Of course, there can be some assembly niggles as many have experienced in new Innova but I doubt something like suspension needs to be checked before launch.

Sasriakal paaji,that episode with the Etios-post launch, might have escaped your attention: https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourc...nsion+problems

The suspension had a tendency to bottom out and Toyota took remedial measures.

Mod Note : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family, and any discriminating or derogatory comment will NOT be permitted.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

This is locally manufactured to a large extent. Only some parts come from abroad. Gear box for instance is still imported. Toyota commissioned a new Engine plant in Jigani at the outskirts of Bangalore earlier this year. This plant will manufacture Toyota engines for an entire range both for domestic consumption and exports. Innova engines - both Diesel and Petrol are being manufactured already and they are using the same for the Fortuner as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionX (Post 4067293)
Looks like 17" wheels. Could be 2.4 variant ?

Yes. The top spec comes with 18" wheels - at least in Australia and Thailand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4067298)
I see rear disc brakes :D

Attachment 1561173

Lack of all disc brakes was a big complaint. Seems they have addressed it. It is standard across all variants - hopefully for India too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorque (Post 4067335)
Toyota has achieved 80% localization for both the Crysta and the new Fortuner.
Yes there was a problem with the front suspension and my source is closer to ground zero than you can imagine.

Thats correct.

"Toyota’s New Diesel Engine Plant in India will enable the automaker to increase localization to around 80 per cent."

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-indi...-12152914.html

Since you have a reliable source, Is it possible to get the tyre size details for Fortuner ? Will it be 17" /18" ?