Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2016, 10:26   #106
BHPian

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted testing in Bangalore

Agreed!

Even I have done about 1.08 Lac kms in more than 6 years, on my Fortuner, Its still strong but I feel engine noise is more since my last service.

But it still has no real replacement in our market.
Ford Endeavour is a great vehicle and makes for a very compelling case, however I have seen the resale values being offered to a friend for his 5 year old Endeavour and in comparison my Fortuner has more than twice its resale value, even though the Ford is beautifully maintained.

I would like to retain the same Fortuner till it goes on. I would probably go in for the new Fortuner after the initial hoopla dies down.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 9th October 2016 at 10:29.
Old 9th October 2016, 11:01   #107
BANNED

re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
For the moment, gone ahead and paid advance last week but will take a final call when I see and drive the vehicle.
Wow, you are on a roll. The 5, the new Endy and now the new Fortuner too..!!!

I am indeed jealous.

That said, why do you need another SUV with 4WD? As a lux people mover, isn't the Crysta better?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 10:20   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The 5, the new Endy and now the new Fortuner too.
Well, 5 got converted to X5, Endy went to my colleague. I did pick V Cross, but it cannot replace these SUV's most of the time. Have booked Fortuner but it all will depend on how the vehicle drives. Initial comparisons are favouring Endeavour/Everest though.
Quote:
I am indeed jealous
If you have to drive every week - Chandigarh- Gurgaon and then some more areas, you won't, most of the changes I do are due to high usage of my drives.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 12:09   #109
BHPian

Rajivrt has summed up the Toyota proposition pretty well in post #104. I would certainly let go of some features, to gain that peace of mind especially on long-drives, at odd hours, with family.

On another note, had two interesting experiences. I went over to one of the Ford dealers for TD'ing the top-end Endeavour. Somehow the vehicle magically vanished 10 minutes before my arrival at their showroom. Since I was almost there, decided to look at the display vehicle none-the-less. Features look nice, but, two immediate turn-offs. Sitting in the top-end variant you feel claustrophobic and ingress and egress to the 3rd row seats is bad. Will now TD it on one of the weekends closer to Nov 7, the official launch date of new Fortuner.

The other interesting experience was with BMW. These guys are closed on Sundays and are extremely slow to respond. I wanted them to send over the finance options for GT, but, instead they sent it for 5 series, sigh. My emails replies did not elicit much response. However, I got a missed phone call, followed by an email from 'no-reply@bmw.in' that they tried to reach me and failed and that I should contact them again . Not sure if others too had a similar experience from these folks.
Old 10th October 2016, 14:07   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Initial comparisons are favouring Endeavour/Everest though.
Oh, but didn't you mention somewhere that the Endy is uncomfortable in the middle row? Or did you mention it in the context of the last row?
Old 10th October 2016, 14:18   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but didn't you mention somewhere that the Endy is uncomfortable in the middle row?
Yes, because I travelled long distances when I owned and even now as this is with my colleague

Toyota Dealers in the north have not yet received display/ delivery cars and will get around the end of this month. I am expecting Media reviews of India-spec one during the same time.
Old 12th October 2016, 14:01   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted yet again at a Toyota dealership by NDTV Auto spies, ahead of it's official launch on November 7.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-newgentoyotafortunerfront_827x510_51476254248.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-toyotafortunerspied_827x510_81476254028.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-newgentoyotafortunerrear_827x510_51476254221.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-newgentoyotafortunerfront_827x510_51476254288.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 15:50   #113
Team-BHP Support

Black looks broader in the picture also chrome is highlighted better. Have not seen many black's in the previous generation though.
Old 12th October 2016, 15:59   #114
BHPian

Now they have updated the India website with Official teaser

http://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/fortuner/
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-fort.jpg  

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 19:13   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupgangwar View Post
Features look nice, but, two immediate turn-offs. Sitting in the top-end variant you feel claustrophobic and ingress and egress to the 3rd row seats is bad.
I felt the same too, in fact I cancelled my booking on account of these two factors (lack of space/headroom & access to 3rd row) after the test drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3907441

Waiting to TD the Fortuner.
indusboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 19:34   #116
BHPian

Most of the online reviews tend to favor Everest/Endeavour on ride comfort, safety, features and space except that its costlier than the Fortuner. In India, it seems the other way round Fortuner is costly (presumably) but Endeavour is cheaper. I am eagerly waiting for the Team-bhp review and comparing both the vehicles.
Old 12th October 2016, 21:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

How much extra will it cost for Mahindra to come up with an equally reliable version of the Scorpio or XUV, where the quality of the components in the car will ensure they last for the lifetime of the car? Will they need to reengineer each of the component? Can they offer an equally durable and trouble free car at a lower price? And finally, if they can, why are they not doing it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I will say its impossible for Mahindra to reach Global standards.
The Japanese excel because they co-operate, co-develop and co-achieve through a Kresthru.

Mitsubishi owns 25 % of Toyota, Toyota owns 45 % of Mitsubishi bank, where Nissan has a 10 % share which in turn finances Sanwa bank which is 60 % owned by Toyota - Do you get the picture ?

An automobile industry that has constantly grown through R & D, global excellence, Kaizen, Zero investment improvement committees.

Take my personal example owned about 8 vehicles from Toyota till date over last 21 years, in India and abroad, must have driven a combined over 700,000 KM in them from Yaaris to Liva to Corolla to Camry to Prado to Landcruiser VXR V8, I have never had any trouble or breakdown. ( Just 1 off road in 2004 )

How will Mahindra achieve this ? It takes years and years of refinement. All round organisational committment.

My brother in Law was a design engineer in Ford in Detroit MI when he started his career in 1993.

Today he is chief design engineer in BOSCH USA who make drive train systems for Mercedese, Diamler Chrysler and others.

He says when he designs a new part his benchmark for quality is Toyota.
Need we say more ?
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-pradobrk.jpg  

Last edited by desertfox : 12th October 2016 at 22:04.
desertfox is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 09:08   #118
BHPian

The new Fortuner 2016 in its top end avatar is expected to cost Rs 38 lacs in Ahmedabad, if some dealers are to be believed. One of them, who claims to have driven it, was quite upbeat about the ride quality and the SUV in general.
Old 18th October 2016, 09:18   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
The new Fortuner 2016 in its top end avatar is expected to cost Rs 38 lacs in Ahmedabad, if some dealers are to be believed. One of them, who claims to have driven it, was quite upbeat about the ride quality and the SUV in general.
This is inline with what I heard from the sales head in one of the Bangalore dealership that the price for the top-end variant will be close to 40 lakhs on road in Bangalore. However, others on the forum believe the price will be closer to 45 lakhs. We will find out in 3 more weeks.

If Toyota folks keep a watch on TBHP, guess, they will be having a lot of fun following this thread .
Old 18th October 2016, 09:34   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupgangwar View Post
This is inline with what I heard from the sales head in one of the Bangalore dealership that the price for the top-end variant will be close to 40 lakhs on road in Bangalore.
Well, he said 40 and when he saw my amazed, unbelieving look, corrected(?) it to 38.
If it is priced at Rs 35L (OTR) it would sell as hot cakes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks