Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:50   #76
BANNED

re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

I think it looks good. Modern from the front and resembles nothing available in the market at present. The rear is subtle in relation. Overall side profile looks cohesive and in with the design theme.
Old 3rd October 2016, 22:34   #77
BHPian

The All New Ford Endeavour with Sun Roof, Electric Folding Third Row Seats, Electric Trunk, Better Space, Dash board and Comfort seems to be such a better value at 29 lakhs Ex Showroom,

Just one big If will the Ford Endeavour have the same niggling issues that other Ford siblings have.

If not my money is on the Endeavour any day. I think after the Fortuner Launch Ford India will have some sweet discounts on the top end variant making it a much better deal On Road.

Over the years we have seen Toyota dealers becoming very arrogant and snobbish and the same with Toyota India. Looking at their pricing strategies and the way the New Innova is priced they are heading for 35 lakh ex showroom and almost 40 On road with the top specked Fortuner which will still lack all the nice features of the Endeavour.

5 to 10 lakhs premium for their so called Reliability is a bit overkill I feel.
filmaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 07:17   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota officially communicates the launch of Fortuner,

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-1.jpg
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 15:04   #79
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I have been waiting for this new Fortuner for a while now. Does it make sense to wait for a few more months to find out if there are any niggles or given the Toyota brand should just go ahead and book one?

I am a very satisfied Corolla Altis user for the last 6+ years now.
anupgangwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 18:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupgangwar View Post
Hi Folks,

I have been waiting for this new Fortuner for a while now. Does it make sense to wait for a few more months to find out if there are any niggles or given the Toyota brand should just go ahead and book one?

I am a very satisfied Corolla Altis user for the last 6+ years now.
In the meanwhile why don't you TD Ford Endeavor? This is very capable SUV and may outshine even the new Fortuner, you never know.
As of now, there are no serious niggles reported for Endy and looks a safe bet!
Aficionados is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 18:37   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
In the meanwhile why don't you TD Ford Endeavor? This is very capable SUV and may outshine even the new Fortuner, you never know.
Thanks for the info. The choice of Fortuner is more to do with the brand-value which Toyota commands and I have personally experienced . The sales and service experience of Toyota is great. I generally keep a car for 5-6 years, so, don't want too many surprises.
Old 5th October 2016, 04:59   #82
BHPian

I am on a trip in the Philippines, sharing a few pictures of new Fortuner with nice touches. I think the black looks better then the chrome.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1475623699.131602.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1475623761.029588.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2016 at 11:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
amitk2kin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 06:10   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
A person I know used to use a Safari around 15 years ago. He used it for some 7-8 years and talked endlessly about the comfort. Mostly chauffeur driven and lots of highway driving.

He then moved to Innova and loved it for its space and general comfort. Alongside, he went and bought a Fortuner as well, but he hated it for its uncomfortable middle row seats and promptly dumped it within a year.

He continued to use his Innova for around another 7 years until the Ford Endeavour was launched in this year.

He promptly bought the new Endy top spec AT version with 4WD and so on. And he absolutely loves the vehicle.

He is still chauffeur driven and does a number of highway trips each month and finds the Endeavour to be amongst the best cars he has owned in the last so many years.

There is absolutely no doubt in his mind about the fact that it is a tough as well as comfortable beast.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 11:35   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi Folks,

When a new vehicle/platform gets launched, there the issues can be categorized mainly into two. The first is fundamental design flaws and the second quality issues of parts that come from vendors.

In the case of the new Fortuner, it has already been launched in global markets that are way more advanced than ours, so I don't think we should be too worried about that.

The second potential vendor related issues may be possible, but I think any such issues will be covered under warranty and with Toyota's stringent QA/QC the odds of having any major issues are less.

Personally, if I was in the market for a new Fortuner, I would just go for it.
Old 5th October 2016, 14:23   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He is still chauffeur driven and does a number of highway trips each month and finds the Endeavour to be amongst the best cars he has owned in the last so many years.
I will love to meet this person, seriously - new endeavour has one of worst suspension for someone sitting in Middle row, especially when you hit bump or pass over broken stretch unless FORD uses different shocks on top spec as my experience is based on Auto - Trend. Fortuner also behaves similarly with rollover but is still easy on your bums. I don't expect newer one to be any different though and new Innova will be better option for someone looking for long distance travel any day over Endeavour/Fortuner.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:00   #86
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I will love to meet this person, seriously - new endeavour has one of worst suspension for someone sitting in Middle row, especially when you hit bump or pass over broken stretch unless FORD uses different shocks on top spec as my experience is based on Auto - Trend. Fortuner also behaves similarly with rollover but is still easy on your bums. I don't expect newer one to be any different though and new Innova will be better option for someone looking for long distance travel any day over Endeavour/Fortuner.
The person Im talking about always sits in the front passenger seat.
His family used to sit in the middle row earlier. Now they've all grown up and gone away, hence probably that is the reason there are no complaints about the new Endy's Middle Row.
Old 5th October 2016, 15:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. The choice of Fortuner is more to do with the brand-value which Toyota commands and I have personally experienced . The sales and service experience of Toyota is great. I generally keep a car for 5-6 years, so, don't want too many surprises.
If the new T-Fort commands close to million rupee over Endy, would you still go for T-Fort? As rightly commented by 'filmaka' earlier, this may be the possibility looking at Innova and overall Toyota pricing for these 2 models over the years.

So, better TD Endy and then off course wait for new T-Fort launch, unless your mind & heart has firmly decided over the later
Aficionados is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:45   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If the new T-Fort commands close to million rupee over Endy, would you still go for T-Fort?
I will agree, 3,2 or even 2,2 Auto with 4 x4 Trend versions should be good if the difference is more than 5 lac. Let's wait how they price it. Toyota for one is not a company which will launch anything at a higher price and then reduce later if they are not able to sell especially in this segment which is kind of bread & butter for them. They must be fully aware of Ford pricing and their strengths & extent to how much they can milk us

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th October 2016 at 15:47.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:54   #89
RWD
BHPian

Next gen Fortuner seen testing in New Bombay, on 3rd October. According to my friend who did the spotting and took the picture, the vehicle was running temp KA plates.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-1475662777446.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 5th October 2016 at 15:57. Reason: Removed - Mods: Posting this from phone, using the team-bhp app. Please excuse if the formatting is wrong. Thanks.
RWD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 16:25   #90
BHPian

I did hear from the dealership verbally that the highest end Fortuner would be close to 40 Lakhs on-road in Bangalore. Thought the 3.2L 4x4 variant of Endeavour is close to 35 Lakhs on-road, so, the difference is around 5 Lakhs.

This thread and Endeavour's excellent review on Team-bhp has now pushed me in a direction to at least TD the Endeavour. The heart has been set on the Fortuner for a while now, however, like many others I too liked the looks of the old-one better. The ride quality was the reason why I did not buy it.

Now the confusion is whether to get Endeavour's looks and capabilities vs Fortuner's peace of mind .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed