Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 21:45   #541
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Looks Endeavour is not very far behind if driven sedately , posting here for benefits of others who are concerned about mileage, more details at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4130172
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-endv-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th January 2017 at 21:46.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 00:44   #542

Whats wrong with my Fortuner its showing 5.2 Kmpl
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-file-jan-18-18-24-49.jpeg  

Old 19th January 2017, 08:42   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Some interesting pictures of the New Fortuner's rear impact accident reported;

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484795408.697511.jpg

Pic Source- New Fortuner Club Thailand
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 09:32   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Attachment 1596884

The sedan is real sad sorrow picture. I see the left corner of Fortuner bumper damaged and it being slightly dislodged from its place, due to probably the sedan having rammed more of its right side into left side of Fortuner.

It is quite similar situation for a Sedan ramming into back of an higher GC MUV/SUV/CrossOver with higher rear hangover.

Here is similar one from SDP's XUV500:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3936978

Once I had a Lancer banged onto the rear of my Innova and the state of affairs of the Lancer was similar to the sedan rammed into the Fortuner above. I had my bumper bit dented due to bike guard bent and touching it, which was recovered easily later.
parsh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 09:55   #545
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
Whats wrong with my Fortuner its showing 5.2 Kmpl
Sunny, since you have just covered 112 kms out of which around 50 odd kms would have been driven by Toyota factory and dealership personnel. I guess you are yet to tank-up and reset the mileage.

Any new vehicle would be switched-on for extended period of time during PDI, registration and cleaning. Please brim the tank and reset the the MID. You will be pleasantly surprised at the mileage.

Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Looks Endeavour is not very far behind if driven sedately , posting here for benefits of others who are concerned about mileage

Good to know the Endeavour is not far behind the Fortuner in terms of mileage. It would be great if we are able to compare the mileage of the two trucks when driven in similar conditions.

Quote:

Good to see that the New Fortuner took the impact very well. Would be interesting to know how much it cost the owner to get it back into pristine condition.

Last edited by MAS : 19th January 2017 at 10:05.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 14:38   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
From the picture, it appears that the Fortuner is having a lift-kit. Is it?
Old 19th January 2017, 17:05   #547
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
To me, the Fortuner in the picture seems to have bigger AM Alloys and lower profile tyres when conspired to OE. The big gap between the body and the tyre looks normal.
Old 19th January 2017, 18:16   #548
Team-BHP Support

Just curious how can a plastic bumper cause such damage to sheet metal? Or is this an armoured version

Quote:
It would be great if we are able to compare the mileage of the two trucks when driven in similar conditions.
There are comparisons at many Australian forums/ magazines and difference is negligible perhaps more to do with Road conditions, here traffic is totally different. But I don't think many guys will be worried for 2-3 Kmpl after spending 35-40 Lac.
Attached Images

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th January 2017 at 18:22.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 21:35   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
The sedan is real sad sorrow picture. I see the left corner of Fortuner bumper damaged and it being slightly dislodged from its place, due to probably the sedan having rammed more of its right side into left side of Fortuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Good to see that the New Fortuner took the impact very well. Would be interesting to know how much it cost the owner to get it back into pristine condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Not sure, but definitely 20" rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Just curious how can a plastic bumper cause such damage to sheet metal? Or is this an armoured version
The exhaust pipe is on the right side, so probably that caused the damage.

Or probably this happened;

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-3200907729_e3fc1248cc_ox2.jpg

karan561 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 02:34   #550
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The First free service for my Fortuner was carried out today. The car was promptly attended by Mr. Irfan. I should say that it has been ages (6 years) since I experienced such brilliance in service.

My Fortuner waiting to be attended
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170120015940.png

I had booked the EM60 service. The car was taken in at 9.30 am

Work in progress
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170120020043.png

The car was kept ready for delivery by 10.30 am, next to a Super White New Fortuner

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170120020013.png

I was very happy with the promptness and professionalism of Lanson Toyota. Service invoice was zero. The misaligned speedo panel was also rectified. (My first niggle!!!)

Just when I was going to take delivery, I noticed that the car had salt water residual marks all over. The Chrome bits all around were looking shabby. The fender mirror was almost entirely white!!!

Lost my cool and gave the service guys a proper dressing down. They immediately got the in-house 3M guys and cleaned the car for over 40 minutes and got everything to pristine condition.

The residual salt water marks on Chrome.
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170120020104.png

Professionalism at its worst. The car had salt water residual marks on the inside of front door window sill. The car was washed with the driver side window left open
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170120020127.png

Culprit - Toyota uses "Eco-Wash", which is nothing but spraying water in small amounts and cleaning the car instead of the full fledged water wash. The only place they use water, was to clean the under chassis and that seems to be "extremely hard water".

The service advisor's team leader, Mr Kartick, who was attending to my complaint, insisted that they have a water softening plant, but I'm sure that the equipment was completely useless.

I strictly instructed the service team never to wash my car again and they took note of it.

I drive back home and the next shock was in wait.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170120020139.png

The third row of seats were strapped to the sides using the seat release string instead of the more studier velcro straps.

My first impression on the high service standards of Toyota was completely tarnished. I hope they improve in future.

Guys - Word of Advice - Never get your car washed at Lanson Pallikaranai.

Last edited by MAS : 20th January 2017 at 02:37.
MAS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 10:45   #551
BHPian

Quote:

My first impression on the high service standards of Toyota was completely tarnished. I hope they improve in future.

Please complain to 'voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in', they will fix the service-center. They are quite prompt.
anupgangwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 12:53   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The exhaust pipe is on the right side, so probably that caused the damage.
Good, looks you guys have made a very wise decision by picking such a strong Truck
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 10:09   #553
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I was checking the "All New Fortuner Club", Thailand and found cool accessories for the Fortuner.

For its size, Toyota should make front parking sensors and extra rear parking sensors available as Genuine accessory.

Check this out
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170121100448.jpg  

MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 11:18   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the all-new Fortuner SUV is on it's way to become the second bestseller for Toyota India, after the immense success of the Innova Crysta MPV.

ET Auto reports that the all-new Fortuner has crossed 10,000 bookings in less than 2 months of it's launch.

Toyota India has delivered about 5,000 Fortuners so far.

The Toyota behemoth now commands a waiting period of 2-3 months.

Quote:
N Raja, Director & Sr. Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, “The new Fortuner has received a phenomenal response from our customers and the market. A true testimony to this lies in the fact that even though the new Fortuner was launched a day prior to the announcement of demonetisation in India, it did not dampen the spirits of our customers who have been waiting for the all-new Fortuner."

Company also claims that the automatic transmission variant in both four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive variants have got a significant pull and Toyota has seen customers’ willingness to upgrade to higher variants. Over 60% of the total orders received by the company is for the ‘Super White’ colour.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 19:19   #555
BHPian

Quote:
The First free service for my Fortuner was carried out today.

I had booked the EM60 service. The car was taken in at 9.30 am

Hello MAS! I have been using Lanson Toyota Pallikaranai for the past 12 services for my Innova. Their water wash has always been pathetic. They clean only the underbody and engine bay neatly. They always mess up the exteriors.

The standard reply I keep getting everytime is that they've identified that the wash guys aren't good but have not yet been able to hire guys who do a better job.

Hanging the third row seats with the release straps is unacceptable. Kudos to Toyota for ensuring that the stitching on that strap can withstand the weight of the seat.

But as far as the mechanical aspect of the service is concerned. They have always been prompt and professional. The SA's there never push you to change wear and tear parts. Even upon the customers insistence they show proof that a part has still got life left and tell you not to spend money, I mean who does that nowadays. Also they rectify niggles easily. They also maintain timelines well. This is the only reason I continue going to this branch.

Also a word of caution, the cleaning guys apply dashboard polish way too generously. So warm them about that to prevent getting greasy hands while picking up your car.

Last edited by Shanksta : 21st January 2017 at 19:31.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed