Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:00   #1
BHPian

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Mod Note: Our Fortuner Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Its been a while since the New Gen Toyota Fortuner released in Thailand and we all know how eager the Indian car scene is to welcome this beast. However Toyota has been tight lipped on the release date of the New gen fortuner in India. Things really heated up after the New Endeavor released and all eyes were on Toyota to see the next move. Behold Indian SUV enthusiast! Spotted the NEW GEN Toyota Fortuner testing in Bangalore. The car was spotted today at an interior area called Nandini Layout very close to Tumkur Road. The Fortuner was closely followed by an Innova. Looks like the car is Scheduled to be released soon. Followed the car for a bit looked like it was Heading to NICE Road for some speed runs I guess??

Anyways here are the pictures.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_7824.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_7826.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_7827.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2017 at 16:54. Reason: Linking to review :)
Shai100 is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Added watermark to the images.
Thanks for sharing these with the community, Shai100!
benbsb29 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

New Toyota Fortuner Spotted Testing in Bangalore.. Release might be earlier t...

Finally the test mules are out

As i had just mentioned in another thread that if the car is launching in India this festive season (October 2016) then why havent we seen them being tested on Indian roads yet, but now here it is.

A bit disappointed with the rim selection for the Indian market though as the one on the mule look like they are 17s

Now lets just hope there is a top spec 4x4 M/T on offer which has the 18"ers and the 2.8L too. Not how Ford messed up the Endeavour by getting the Manual only in the 2.2 base trend variant.

Cant wait!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2016 at 20:15. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 19:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Are the torque figures mentioned correct? The 2.4 and 2.8 version has torque rating of 343NM and 360NM respectively in the Innova. Wondering what bumps the torque rating in Fortuner to 400 and 450 despite having same engine and producing same power.
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:06   #5
BHPian

Thanks for this good news! This apparently had been the most awaited SUV in gulf and I can see the same excitement here in India as well. On a close inspection - the Chromium Silver shade was a tad darker than the current Silver MIca Metallic. Personally - my favorite shade is Chestnut Brown. Toyota, get these 18's here !
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-toyotafortuner3.png  

Ahmed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
The car was spotted today at an interior area called Nandini Layout very close to Tumkur Road.
Damn! I just saw another test mule in Pune a few hours ago while driving home. Same camouflage, very similar shape. This was on PWD Road, New Sangvi, Pimpri. Also an interior area. No way of confirming it from my end, but after seeing these pics, I think I got it right.

Cheers,
Sid

Last edited by sidparekh : 3rd August 2016 at 21:18.
sidparekh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

And the next-gen Fortuner is on its way ! But why does Toyota still keep brooding over the NGT's diesel ban, while their plans are already finalized and underway?
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:20   #8
Team-BHP Support

Saw the car last to last weekend while we were out for testing smartcat's BRV. Could not take pics unfortunately since it was in the opposite direction.

It did not click me that the Fortuner hadn't been clicked testing earlier. Could have turned around and chased it, since I was the one behind the wheel then.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd August 2016 at 21:23.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 23:57   #9
BHPian

Yaayyy! Finally the beast has come to our shores. Am I the only one to see rear discs in the second pic or its just a optical illusion?

If yes, Toyota has been following the competition very closely and a huge huge plus IMHO. Way to go Toyota!
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 08:38   #10
BHPian

Finally the beast is in India. Have been longing for these pictures since long time.
A humble request to all Bangalore bhpians to get a glimpse of the interior so that we can come to know much more about the car.
Going by just the rims it looks like a mid spec variant or may they are gonna go ahead with these rims for the top spec in India.
At this point of time there are too many doubts which can be solved only by getting more spy shots and yes those are rear disc brakes.
Go Bangalore bhpians!
Old 4th August 2016, 10:23   #11
BHPian

I spotted a the new fortuner mule on NH 8 near Lodha Dham. It was parked on the road side. There was no backup car except a grey hummer which was parked next to it. I was with dad so didn't stop to take pics. If this is the same car which was spotted in Pune then am sure its on high speed test.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:40   #12
BHPian

It was near orion mall yesterday afternoon. Came from the ravindu Toyota dealership there.
Old 4th August 2016, 15:48   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great scoop, Shai100! Thanks for sharing. Going by the dashboard reflection, I'm guessing it was shot from your XUV500 ?

That the new Fortuner is competent, I have no doubt. Just hope they've sorted out the bumpy ride quality & poor braking ability of the current-gen.

It's not going to be as easy for the new Fortuner though. A lot has changed since the 1st-gen was launched. For one, the Innova has gotten all luxurious & 'SUVish'. No longer is the Innova utilitarian or slow. Second, competitors have gotten more capable. Case in point, the awesome new Endeavour. A lot more options are coming (including the Skoda Kodiaq). Third, if an Innova Crysta costs 25 lakhs, I shudder to think what a Fortuner 4x4 AT will !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
A bit disappointed with the rim selection for the Indian market though as the one on the mule look like they are 17s

Now lets just hope there is a top spec 4x4 M/T on offer which has the 18"ers and the 2.8L too.
Oh please no! 18 & 19 inch rims look great, but they are best on international roads. On our broken roads, they only result in:

- A bumpier ride
- Tyre bulges
- Damaged wheels
- Pricey tyre replacement costs (bigger the radius, the more expensive the tyre)

I hate this new trend of oversized wheels that all manufacturers are adopting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
But why does Toyota still keep brooding over the NGT's diesel ban, while their plans are already finalized and underway?
Delhi-NCR is the country's biggest market and the Fortuner won't be on sale there. It's quite a hit.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 16:31   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh please no! 18 & 19 inch rims look great, but they are best on international roads. On our broken roads, they only result in:

- A bumpier ride
- Tyre bulges
- Damaged wheels
- Pricey tyre replacement costs (bigger the radius, the more expensive the tyre)

I hate this new trend of oversized wheels that all manufacturers are adopting.

I understand your worry, BUT the 18"ers are having decently fat 265/60 profile compared to the 17s which are 265/65.

Also keeping in mind the competition i.e. the Endeavour which itself is running on 18"ers 265/60 size.

So i believe there will be an 18" option on top spec variant of the Fortuner
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 08:25   #15
Team-BHP Support

What advantage does a bigger wheel provide?

A Michelin SUV tire in 16" costs between 8 to 9K and the similar wheels in 5mm lesser profile [60 instead of 65] costs close to 15K.

18 or 19 inchers are going t cost between 18 to 25K for sure and then availability issues are going to haunt. At least in small places like mine.

The forgotten Trailblazer too has 18"
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks