Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 13:03   #16
BHPian

re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

When Toyota says that they have planned the launch of vehicle with competitive pricing, it has a different connotation in their mind vis-a-vis indian market. I really doubt that New fortuner would be competitively priced compared to new Endeavour. I am a big fan of 'T' badge but their pricing of product has always been a point of contention. Consider the fact that Toyota is the second largest car manufacturer in the world in the last quarter; hence, the volume is not an issue. then what compels them to keep such a high margin for their vehicle?

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2016 at 13:44. Reason: Since source has been mentioned, there's no question of plagiarism. Deleting the opening para
dinesh6481 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 13:36   #17
BHPian

The next generation fortuner looks impressive and Butch. But I shudder to think about its pricing. If innova Crysta is costing a whopping 26 lakhs on road here in Karnataka I can only imagine how Toyota would price this. I believe the top spec of the fortuner would easily breach the 40lac bracket and I don't see Toyota surprising it's customers with pricing it sensibly like Ford has done with the endeavour. But no matter the pricing Toyota will still be milking us customers, as the pricing of the Crysta didn't seem to bother it's customers as the numbers at which it's selling is unbelievable.
Old 5th August 2016, 20:59   #18
BHPian

Test mule spotted on Mysore Bangalore highway..

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_20160805_205521.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2016 at 07:49. Reason: Adding watermark
Starscream1188 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 11:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great scoop, Shai100! Thanks for sharing. Going by the dashboard reflection, I'm guessing it was shot from your XUV500 ?
Hey GTO , Well its not the XUV its My POLO GT TSI, Actually what I have noticed is with CR-70 film from 3M the Windshield reflections increase. My XUV which does not have CR 70 has much lesser reflections compared to my Polo GT TSI.

Also Another scoop is that The test mule was sent for service training at the Local Toyota showroom! This is an inside source information so I cannot fully verify details.. but if that was true, looks like Toyota is gunning for a Festival Launch in India? I personally feel that's too soon.

If so I really wonder why did Toyota make such large statements just months before by saying Fortuner may never make it here due to NGT ban. We can only speculate at this juncture.

Last edited by SDP : 6th August 2016 at 12:31. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
Shai100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 14:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
I believe the top spec of the fortuner would easily breach the 40lac bracket and I don't see Toyota surprising it's customers with pricing it sensibly like Ford has done with the endeavour.
Rightly said. There is roughly a 10 lakh difference between Innova and Fortuner and for sure, the top trim is not going to be less than 35~36 Lakhs OTR.
Old 6th August 2016, 22:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Rightly said. There is roughly a 10 lakh difference between Innova and Fortuner and for sure, the top trim is not going to be less than 35~36 Lakhs OTR.

I know it's not nice to hear, but going by innova:2016 innova ratio, and given their India strategy so far, Toyota is likely to price it much higher. Expect something like 42 Lakhs OTR for the top trim :(

The initial success of new Innova may embolden them to do that. Overall, I feel Toyota may also pull it off in initial stages just like the new Innova, but in both cases it may help other MNC players to bring in their competing models later on. It may then end the near monopoly by Toyota in these two segments, though they may still continue to be in the lead.
Old 8th August 2016, 22:44   #22
BHPian

I strongly feel Toyota will price it right around 36L -39 L Ex Showroom for 4x2 variant

However no matter the pricing this will sell given the fact Fortuner does not have strong competition in 7 Seat SUV segment

Yes New Endeavour is doing good but other than that there is no other which can compete with Toyota brand value and reliability in Indian Market

Current Model is already offered on discount now, Carwale.com has unsold Fortuner's listed with 2L discount, So we can expect New One to roll out soon
Old 9th August 2016, 10:00   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What advantage does a bigger wheel provide?
On performance cars it makes sense to increase the rim size and reduce the tyre wall size to improve handling. But in SUV's which are meant to be driven on poor roads, it makes sense to have 16 or 17 inch disks and higher profile tyres for comfort and cushioning over bad roads.

My X3 has 245/50/18 tyres and recently bust a tyre while as I had to go off the road when overtaking a bus. The RFT cost me 30K for a single tyre and that hurt.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 11:49   #24

The news says the Petrol engined Fortuner will be soon launched. Are you guys sure the test mule spotted is not the petrol variant?

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...ia-016195.html
Old 11th August 2016, 11:46   #25
BHPian

There was no way to verify if it was petrol or diesel, but looking at what Toyota has been saying we can expect both petrol and diesel.

Mahindra has also announced that all their cars will have petrol variants by 2018 or so.

Looks like the Industry is Listening to NGT Bans and introducing Petrol Variants.
Old 11th August 2016, 12:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_slyde View Post
The news says the Petrol engined Fortuner will be soon launched. Are you guys sure the test mule spotted is not the petrol variant?
I would take this bit of news with a pinch of salt.

For one, Toyota wouldn't want to dilute the pull of brand Fortuner by launching the petrol before the diesel, twin bans notwithstanding.

Look at how the Innova diesel is faring in monthly sales, despite it's no-entry in Delhi/NCR & Kerala. Toyota would want to capitalise on this and bring the Fortuner diesel early. If the ban is not extended to other cities, there would be no sense in launching the petrol version first.

The petrol Fortuner might follow 5-6 months down the line, just like the Crysta's launch timeline. Toyota will stick to the Crysta strategy for the Fortuner as well.
Old 11th August 2016, 12:21   #27
Team-BHP Support

Some more images, thanks to a friend of D-BHPian Scorcher:

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20160809wa0006.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20160809wa0007.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20160809wa0008.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20160809wa0009.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20160809wa0010.jpg
Rehaan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 16:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

I remember that this still is bumpy, a feature that has been carried forward to the new model too . I think this looks better than the new Endy though.

http://www.whichcar.com.au/car-revie...ortuner-review

What might bug me?
Clatter from the diesel engine, and the bumpy ride when unladen, might wear you out if you use a Fortuner as an everyday family runabout in the suburbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-toyotafortunercrusade2015drivewide3-1.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 17:53   #29
BHPian

http://www.whichcar.com.au/car-revie...ortuner-review
"A four-wheel drive system that you can use on sealed surfaces as well as off-road. The Ford Everest and Toyota Prado have this feature, for example, as does the five-seat Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. It can bring extra security in slippery conditions, and means you don’t have to select or deselect 4WD when you move from one surface to another. "

The above words form the review suggests that the new fourtuner comes with a center differential as well, and can be optionally used as full time four wheel driv. Though the current Fortuner comes with one (cannot be used in 2WD mode).
Old 19th August 2016, 10:45   #30
BHPian

Hopefully Toyota doesn't mess it up with the pricing. From the sales chart Innova numbers are between 7.5 to 8.5 k in spite of it being pricier than the previous generation. At the same time Fortuner's numbers are coming down. So its only logical to assume that those who had their eyes on Fortuner settled for the new Innova. Top end Fortuners are likely to touch 35 to 40L OTR and if that is the case Toyota will have to find out a new set of buyers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks