Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 13:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
We shake hands and part after he says that he'll call me up for updates later. One hour later he calls back saying the disks and pads needs to be replaced as disk skimming is something that they don't do. He says that he can replace the just the pads if I want them to do only that, but the shuddering will come back once the pads are run in. I tell him to replace disks - estimated cost 10K.
Shuddering is a common issue in Skoda Rapid. On what basis he concluded that discs need replacement? Did he check both the discs for run-out?. Please make sure what he is doing is correct. Otherwise they may ask you to change steering rack next time if this issue occur, and it costs around 14K including labour charges.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 14:32   #62
BHPian

Re: Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more

I have a sneaky suspicion that the "under-cover" product would be a re-badged Ameo. :(

Good to hear their extended warranty. This brings us at least within reach of global warranty timelines / kms.
Old 19th August 2016, 16:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Shuddering is a common issue in Skoda Rapid. On what basis he concluded that discs need replacement? Did he check both the discs for run-out?. Please make sure what he is doing is correct. Otherwise they may ask you to change steering rack next time if this issue occur, and it costs around 14K including labour charges.
Too late for that, I've given the go ahead about 5 hours ago. Moreover, I wasn't comfortable with the idea of repair from an outside workshop especially for a component like brake disk. It would've cost me less money, but I would always have that question mark on the back of my mind.

Pardon my ignorance, on what basis will they ask for steering column change when you can feel the whole car shuddering? If the shuddering re-appears, then I'll go full guns on them, especially since I was guaranteed a 100% issue clearance with disk+pad replacement.
Old 19th August 2016, 18:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I have a sneaky suspicion that the "under-cover" product would be a re-badged Ameo. :(

Good to hear their extended warranty. This brings us at least within reach of global warranty timelines / kms.
I see it this way. If VW can sell the Ameo in decent numbers consistently, then there's no need for rebadging. If it doesn't sell, then there's no point in rebadging.
However, looking at their current line-up, skoda would not want to have their cars look like a VW, especially when they use words like premium in their products .
I strongly believe it's going to be the new Fabia, which would be as spacious as an Ameo, if not better.
Old 24th August 2016, 12:42   #65
BHPian

My experience with Skoda has been really poor at the dealership level. When I was visiting showrooms for my first car I had a look at fabia. Left my number and never got a call back. This was four years ago.

Now I am in the market for an upgrade. Visited honda, nexa and skoda showrooms 3 days ago. Asked all of them to contact me the next day and get a car to my office for a test drive. Also told them that a few of my friends are also looking to upgrade so there could be a possibility of a bulk deal.
Honda people called the next day and test drive happened the day after. Nexa people also called but test drive has not been scheduled yet. Skoda guy simply didn't bother to call. While there were several people at both Nexa and Honda showrooms I was only one at the skoda dealership. Surely skoda needs to do something to change their dealership level experience also.
ashishs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 21:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
My experience with Skoda has been really poor at the dealership level. When I was visiting showrooms for my first car I had a look at fabia. Left my number and never got a call back. This was four years ago.

Now I am in the market for an upgrade. Visited honda, nexa and skoda showrooms 3 days ago. Asked all of them to contact me the next day and get a car to my office for a test drive. Also told them that a few of my friends are also looking to upgrade so there could be a possibility of a bulk deal.
Honda people called the next day and test drive happened the day after. Nexa people also called but test drive has not been scheduled yet. Skoda guy simply didn't bother to call. While there were several people at both Nexa and Honda showrooms I was only one at the skoda dealership. Surely skoda needs to do something to change their dealership level experience also.
I would disagree since I've had a completely different experience with Skoda. Had gone to Skoda showroom two weeks back to test drive a Octavia diesel style plus. They did not have the vehicle at that moment so took down my address & contact details. I got an email from the dealer the next day with all details about the Octavia and promising me a test drive soon. The next day I got a call from the Sales guy who checked my availability and drove 85kms to give me a test drive. Skoda rceently closed down a dealership in my city.
Would give brownie points to the dealership and Skoda.

On the other side, visited a Toyota showroom last week to drive the Innova 2.8 Z(AT). The sales staff was quite laid back, basking on the laurels of an excellent product at hand. The sales staff did not know half the stuff about the Innova, lacked the enthusiasm, wanted to quickly wrap up the test drive and were very surprised at the inquisitive me asking so many questions since the Innova is selling without people even wanting a test drive and they have a two and half month waiting period.

I wouldn't label it a brand thing.

Off the topic I still haven't made up my mind and being pulled between the Octavia, Innova and new Elantra.
dragstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 21:46   #67
BHPian

Someone should educate Skoda service stations about these packages. At time of selling they offer the moon but at time of redeeming - saar we don't know anything about this one. You did not take this extra package so now pay Rs 40k by your self.

One thing is for sure there are very few Skoda customers in India, out of that small community they just lost me.
Old 24th August 2016, 22:37   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
I would disagree since I've had a completely different experience with Skoda. Had gone to Skoda showroom two weeks back to test drive a Octavia diesel style plus.

Off the topic I still haven't made up my mind and being pulled between the Octavia, Innova and new Elantra.
Well could be because I was asking about the rapid and you about the octavia.

By the way this was the same dealership on both visits so could be a specific dealership thing. I was interested in the manual diesel and was given quotes for that. Came to know today from another thread that it is no longer on sale. Dont know why they failed to mention that.
Old 24th August 2016, 23:04   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Skoda guy simply didn't bother to call. While there were several people at both Nexa and Honda showrooms I was only one at the skoda dealership. Surely skoda needs to do something to change their dealership level experience also.
I would second the opinion of dragstar there. It all depends on the individual showroom as well as the particular salesman with whom you are dealing with. When I was in the market for a D segment car, Skoda guys brought the TD vehicle to my home, offered me a TD of nearly 60 kms to another customer's house who had the same color car which I wanted and even called up that person and fixed an appointment for me.

Honda guys were also very prompt with their follow up, as BRV also figured in my shopping list at that time.

Whereas Toyota guys never bothered to call me back even after many reminders, when crysta was launched. We can safely say the experience depends on the individual dealer as well as SA you deal with.
Old 6th September 2016, 19:20   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda has finally updated their website wuith the 4 year EW & RSA.

They have also added a 4 year / 60,000 km (paid / optional) maintenance package as well which supposedly will translate into good savings: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/service/...e-package.aspx

I feel they could have extended this at least to all new car owners who have not done their 15,000km / 1 year first service. I would have definitely considered it for my Octavia.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more-skoda-package.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th September 2016 at 19:40. Reason: Screenshot
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 01:45   #71
BHPian

MySkoda App Rolled out

Skoda has rolled out the MySkoda app (Google Playstore Link).

Post creating a profile for yourself, you can add vehicles by entering the VIN details. Confirmation for adding a vehicle is done with an OTP sent to the current registered mobile contact number for the particular VIN. The interface is decent. Personally I like the fact that I can now see detailed service histories of our cars (especially since one of our cars was bought pre-owned). In the app, only basic details of each service (like type of service, date, KMs, Job order number, Dealer) are shown. Detailed invoice for a particular service can be requested over email. Has some glitches currently that I hope will be ironed out. There are other standard fare options too, like booking service appointments, uploading vehicle documents, service cost calculators etc. Interestingly VW India doesn't have something similar (they do have a very basic app, but it is not linked to service database). Some screenshots below.

The main menu:
Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more-screenshot_20160906205524.png

Registered vehicles
Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more-screenshot_20160906204919.png

Vehicle details main page
Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more-screenshot_20160906205139.png

Visits to authorised workshops: (yup she was in NCR too in 2012)
Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more-screenshot_20160906204953.png

Basic details of a particular service
Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more-screenshot_20160906211105.png
avinash_clt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 13:08   #72
BHPian

This thread carries a very heartening news for Skoda owners. I have a Skoda Laura CR TDI MT elegance 2012 model. Thank god I haven't had major issues though I had one minor issue which left a sour taste in mouth. I had a windshield crack needing replacement 4 years back. But in spite of waiting for two weeks Tafe access Mangalore said they received cracked glass from factory itself and i should wait for two more weeks. Then I lost patience and drove to Bangalore and got it replaced in a day without any hassle. Service guy there was wondering why I came to Bangalore as Tafe access Bangalore could have sent it by bus to Mangalore overnight if they had requested. So there was poor coordination between those two. Also when I wanted them to switch on DRL dealership told me no such options. There was option to do that. they simply had to enable it in software and ultimately I told them how and it was done. This left me with impression Mangalore dealership service didn't know about their products well and I was worried if my car needed any complicated work then they wouldn't have any clues how to do it. Things seem to be changing now. I was looking at Skoda superb now after four years and sales person was very enthusiastic and got the car to my Home 60 kms away. But I wanted to buy diesel version and there was no news of when it would be available. So I bought something else. I think Skoda lost a prospective customer for Superb in me.
dezrskb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 16:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Skoda's announcements, in a nutshell:
• 4 new Skoda cars coming to India in 2017 (vRS, Kodiaq, +2)

• 4 yr / 100,000 km warranty; standard from 1st Sept 2016 (expect a slight rise in car prices to accommodate this)
• 4 yr / 60,000 km optional maintenance package for all scheduled services (pricing to be disclosed on 1st Sept)

• Same-day delivery guarantee for routine services (else service is free)
• Itemized billing to simplify things for the customer. It's broken into "parts, labour and optional" (else service is free)
• List of all part costs shown online
• Improved customer complaint management
• Improvements to dealerships & the buying experience

• Updated app (view past services, book a new service, etc)
Its high time Skoda got serious here, they build brilliant cars but their after sales stories have slow poisoned them, although late but good that they have realized it's the customer who calls the shots in the end & if the customer doesn't go home happy, he's not coming back & will definitely prevent others in his loop to stay away too.
Old 7th September 2016, 17:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion this is a fantastic move but unfortunately it also affected the pricing of our new 2016 Skoda Superb L&K which we booked in March 2016 and awaiting delivery. As a matter of fact I am currently waiting for the dealer to send me the updated pricing. The car is due for delivery tomorrow.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:22   #75
BHPian

Summary of the 4 years/60000 kms maintenance package: Applicable to all models of Rapid, Octavia and Superb.
Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more-skoda-maintenance-package-summary.png

Detailed terms:
Skoda Maintenance Package.pdf
Voyager-1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks