Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs

Kodiaq - First drive review,

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 21:06   #77
BHPian

Here is a pretty elaborate review from Auto Express UK -

I didn't know about Skoda's self deprecating adverts in the 90s - have to go look for them now.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 19:00   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Kodaiq to launch in India during festive season of 2017 ( Oct/Nov).
Quote:
it will come to India with a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine making 180hp and 250Nm, as well as a 2.0-litre TDI diesel making 150hp and 340Nm.
Quote:
There will also be AWD on top variants, and both engines come with either six-speed manuals or seven-speed DSG automatics. Interestingly, the automatics will get priority in the range this time – Skoda India
Quote:
two things that really work in the Kodiaq’s favour are the way it looks and the space on offer.
The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161204053236_kd7.jpg

Autocar India review the Kodiaq in Spain
Quote:
The petrol engine first, and it’s everything we’ve come to expect from a TSI motor. It’s smooth and refined and builds up all its power really early on, making it quite enjoyable to drive. For such a large car, it weighs a not-too-shabby 1,695kg, and as a result is able to sprint to 100kph in a claimed 8.0sec. The DSG gearbox too is as impressive as we’ve come to expect, with smooth and quick shifts exactly when they’re meant to happen
Quote:
As for the dynamics, it feels like a large, higher-riding Superb to drive, and that’s just what you’d expect from a monocoque SUV.
Quote:
The steering isn’t bristling with feedback and it is a little numb around centre, but at least it’s neutral and predictable
Quote:
Overall, the Kodiaq, on its 18-inch wheels and 55-profile tyres, likely the same ones we’ll get in India, rides nice and flat, although it can feel a little lumpy over broken bits of road.
Quote:
It will be priced to overlap, but sit slightly above the Superb, which should translate to about Rs 27-32 lakh, ex-showroom.
Source

Last edited by Aditya : 5th December 2016 at 07:04. Reason: As requested
Old 4th December 2016, 19:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kodaiq to launch in India during festive season of 2017 ( Oct/Nov).

Quote:
It will come to India with a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine making 180hp and 250Nm, as well as a 2.0-litre TDI diesel making 150hp and 340Nm.
Good to know that the 2.0TSI is coming to India.

I think Autocar India has got the torque figures wrong. The 2.0TSI, which is exclusively available with AWD abroad, is mated to the 7-Speed DSG (most likely the DQ500 from Q3 2.0TDI quattro, and definitely not the regular DQ200). Thus there shouldn't be any reason for limiting the torque to 250Nm. With 1.8TSI Superb MT already producing 320Nm, it would be safe to expect the Kodiaq 2.0TSI also producing 320Nm.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 15:15   #80
BHPian

Kodiaq seems a certainty for India. I request moderators to transfer this thread to The Indian Car Scene so that it can have wider circulation and readers can have all the information at one place.
Old 13th December 2016, 16:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq | First Drive | Autocar India

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 23:24   #82
BHPian

Mat Watson reviews the Kodiaq:

BigBrad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 21:44   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda’s vRS plans: Kodiaq vRS confirmed, Superb vRS on hold, vRS versions of the Fabia or Citigo are unlikely - Kodiaq vRS will be a diesel!

Quote:
Kodiaq vRS will use a 2-litre, four-cylinder twin-turbocharged diesel powerplant, currently found in the similar Volkswagen Tiguan. Badged BiTDI, the Tiguan’s diesel develops 237bhp with 369lb ft of torque between 1750-2500rpm – enough to launch it to 62mph in 6.5sec. Installed in the Kodiaq, it could make the Kodiaq vRS the quickest car Skoda makes.
Link
Old 19th January 2017, 10:10   #84
BHPian

Got a call from Skoda last week, informing me about some offer on the new Rapid and enquiring if I was interested. When I told the lady that I wasn't looking for a sedan at this time, she said, there was another car being launched in March which I might be interested in, called Kodiaq.

She asked me if I was looking for an SUV and as that is exactly what I am looking to buy, I responded in the affirmative. I checked with her if she was sure about the Kodiaq being launched as early as March cause all the reviews I have seen mentioned the car coming around Diwali time this year. However, she was confident that the car is coming in March and said she would call me around pre-launch time. Not sure what to make of it cause from my experience with Skoda folks (I own an Octavia), they don't always know what they are talking about. Having said that I am hoping this is true cause I don't want to wait till Diwali, especially given that the Tiguan is expected in the next few months and these are the two cars I want to checkout before moving to the Germans.
sunny310c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 17:01   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

SKoda Kodiaq in a Guinness world record - Kodiaq and 275 people in a giant Soap Bubble!

Old 1st March 2017, 11:12   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Got a call from Skoda last week, informing me about some offer on the new Rapid and enquiring if I was interested. When I told the lady that I wasn't looking for a sedan at this time, she said, there was another car being launched in March which I might be interested in, called Kodiaq.

She asked me if I was looking for an SUV and as that is exactly what I am looking to buy, I responded in the affirmative. I checked with her if she was sure about the Kodiaq being launched as early as March cause all the reviews I have seen mentioned the car coming around Diwali time this year. However, she was confident that the car is coming in March and said she would call me around pre-launch time. Not sure what to make of it cause from my experience with Skoda folks (I own an Octavia), they don't always know what they are talking about. Having said that I am hoping this is true cause I don't want to wait till Diwali, especially given that the Tiguan is expected in the next few months and these are the two cars I want to checkout before moving to the Germans.
Did you get any more information if Skoda is indeed planning to launch this baby anytime soon. As I too plan to line up for one asap. I would love to know if they have even started taking any provisional bookings?

Last edited by Merc_lover666 : 1st March 2017 at 11:13. Reason: typo error
Old 3rd March 2017, 09:04   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
Did you get any more information if Skoda is indeed planning to launch this baby anytime soon. As I too plan to line up for one asap. I would love to know if they have even started taking any provisional bookings?
No more information. I really don't think this is coming anytime soon mate. Diwali is the earliest you should expect this. And if you are interested in an SUV in the 30 - 35 lac range, the Tiguan launch is just around the corner and going by the various reviews and speculated specs, it looks quite promising.
sunny310c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 22:43   #88
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop ! Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India

A Skoda Kodiaq was spotted in Pune running on test plates without any camouflage. Thanks to bhpian YCJ for highlighting this.

Got it as a whatsapp forward. Due credits to the original photographer.

The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs-image00001.jpg

The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs-image00002.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2017 at 23:27. Reason: Watermarking :). Thanks for sharing!
//M is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 08:23   #89
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Scoop ! Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India

Whether it will actually fit 7 adults is a matter of debate. Unless of course, its size and proportions are similar to a Q7, in which case it would hold 5 adults and 2 kids or smaller sized adults.
And yes, if priced nicely it can be a segment beater!
Old 15th March 2017, 09:01   #90
BANNED

Re: Scoop ! Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India

In India, SUV means 'unchi gaadi' - huge road presence.

And this pic; where I can draw a clear estimation of the height of the vehicle - isn't giving me much of the positive feelings. I am not expecting anything like being a segment leader from this vehicle, not even second position in the segment.

The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs-kodiaq.jpg
VKumar is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks