Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 18:58   #196
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs

Interiors and overall build quality is much inferior to Tiguan. I watched many Youtube videos on Kodiaq and most reviewers have mentioned about poor plastic and stuff.

However I may have considered Kodiaq if it had launched this month. I like the exterior looks and the fact that it is 7 seater at similar price to Tiguan is a good enough reason. Due to the GST evil I had to rush and book Tiguan.
Old 27th August 2017, 20:45   #197
BHPian

Came across this interesting video talking about how this small town changed its name from Kodiak to Kodiaq!! Pretty interesting, I must say.

Old 1st September 2017, 08:06   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq vRs coming in 2018, will be offered in both petrol and diesel.

Quote:
The five- and seven-seat version of the Kodiaq vRS will be launched as early as next year. Sources close to the company say the model will have "lots of torque," suggesting that the range-topping version will come powered by a diesel engine, with an optional gas-powered model.
link
Old 8th September 2017, 18:16   #199
BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq India launch on October 4
Seven-seat SUV to launch with 143hp, 340Nm 2.0-litre diesel engine; top-spec trim to get auto gearbox and AWD.
Hot on the heels of the high-performance Skoda Octavia RS, which was launched earlier this month, Skoda Auto India will launch an arguably even more hotly anticipated model, its flagship SUV – the Kodiaq. The launch is scheduled for October 4, 2017.

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...tober-4-405917
Old 10th September 2017, 01:08   #200
BHPian

As mentioned above, the SA at the autobahn Mumbai showroom confirmed the launch date, he also mentioned that it would be priced much higher than the L&K superb and OTR of about 40, which model spec he wasn't clear about.

On a side note he also told me that the MY 2017 of superbs aren't available in the style variants ( strangely) and that the pricing will be revised upwards of 2.5 lacs as Skoda is tweaking the Current Superb as well and it will be the 2018 car.
I'm unsure if this going to be the real scenario??
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 09:08   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
As mentioned above, the SA at the autobahn Mumbai showroom confirmed the launch date, he also mentioned that it would be priced much higher than the L&K superb and OTR of about 40, which model spec he wasn't clear about.

On a side note he also told me that the MY 2017 of superbs aren't available in the style variants ( strangely) and that the pricing will be revised upwards of 2.5 lacs as Skoda is tweaking the Current Superb as well and it will be the 2018 car.
This is exactly what I've have been told by a reliable source. The Superb will get tweaks including the updated Amundsen infotainment package and could also get the Dynamic Chassis Control on the L&K. Prices will also go up accordingly.

Kodiaq with 148 bhp sounds unappealing!
Old 10th September 2017, 11:47   #202
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
This could very well be the Superb Sportline that someone on this very thread spotted testing some months.

They may be bringing it in with the 2.0 petrol unit from the RS (think:economies of scale), that could explain the increase in price.
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 17:38   #203
BHPian

MY 2018 superb is being manufactured with the addition of the same system seen on the octavia vrs and boss button in the style variant and some other small updates.

Car should be available in a month.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 18:32   #204
Team-BHP Support

Highlighting some of the 'simply clever' and practical features of the Kodiaq -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 21:06   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Skoda is really delaying the Kodiaq launch and just teaser information will not keep people excited enough to keep waiting. The engine while only 150 Bhp, should offer decent performance and mileage as the weight of the Kodiaq should be around 1600kg. But it would have been great if they offered the higher tune of the engine instead!
I agree with you. Same engine in similar tune works brilliantly in my Octavia that weighs around 1400 kgs. So here it should also work fine without being under powered. Though more power is always welcome!
Old 11th September 2017, 18:07   #206
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Skoda Kodiaq to be launched on October 4, 2017

Skoda's upcoming 7-seater SUV - the Kodiaq has been spotted in India on multiple occasions. Now, according to a media report, the Kodiaq will be launched on October 4, 2017.

The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs-kodiaqtile03.jpg

The Skoda Kodiaq is based on the Volkswagen Group's MQB platform. The same architecture underpins the new Octavia, Superb and the VW Tiguan. The Kodiaq will be the Czech brand's second SUV in India and its first 7-seater model. It is expected to be positioned above the Superb in the company's model line-up.

The Kodiaq is expected to be offered with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine that produces 141 BHP and 340 Nm of torque. The same engine is found in the Volkswagen Tiguan. While an all-wheel drive variant is likely to be offered with a 7-speed DSG gearbox, the entry-level variant could be equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Skoda is expected to equip the Kodiaq with features such as LED headlights, park assist, touchscreen infotainment with Apply CarPlay and Android Auto, ABS with EBD and airbags. The SUV is likely to compete against the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour in the Indian market.

Source: Autocar
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 17:51   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Mat Watson says just go and buy it because it is an excellent practical 7 seater SUV and incredible value for money.

If I were in the market for a 7!seater this would easily be my choice too, especially if they price it in line (in India), with their UK or Australian pricing like they did when they launched the Yeti in India!

I like Skoda vehicles.
They are solid and well engineered and immensely practical vehicles.

Hello Shankar,

Hope you're doing great!

I was waiting anxiously for this car with my cheque book ready BUT the very recent news (not rumors; how I wish they are rumors) that it will produce only 143 PS of power has left me really heartbroken and disappointed to no end.

And I must tell you, that I became a fan of Skoda many months back reading about your experience with Yeti.

Now, I need your help, Shankar: Do you think 143 PS will give any fun to drive a big 7 seater? Will it be worth buying for such puny power? I REALLY want absolute fun driving it smiling ear to ear. Do you think this is rumor and 177/174 PS will come at launch?

Or should I go for the top end Endeavour? Hope you have got my confusion by now and I am hoping you will help me.

PS: Your PM limit is full; tried sending a Private message but it did not go through.

Thanks and Regards,
pc1686.
Old 12th September 2017, 19:59   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
H

I was waiting anxiously for this car with my cheque book ready BUT the very recent news (not rumors; how I wish they are rumors) that it will produce only 143 PS of power has left me really heartbroken and disappointed to no end.
I was very seriously considering the Tiguan and Kodiaq as well. I test drove the Tiguan with the engine in the same state of tune as the upcoming Kodiaq. I must say the Kodiaq is indeed the best looking new car design I have seen in a long time across segments.

Although the Kodiaq is bigger, its weight is almost the same as the Tiguan. However, once you load all seven passengers and/or more luggage, the Kodiaq's weight would go up significantly. When I test drove the Tiguan, with only two people on board, I found the power to be just about adequate to feel safe in overtaking situations especially at higher speeds and trying to pass other fast moving cars (situations you would find on our highways very often). The sport mode made the engine rev higher, but did not add any actual punch in my view. The transmission was very efficient and predictable overall but not exciting. In contract, I found the BMW X1 felt much quicker and with a far richer reserve of power available at any speed. I never even had to use the Sport mode for highway overtaking situations.

Now, the Kodiaq being that much heavier when fully laden and most likely with a higher drag co-efficient than the Tiguan due to its big bear face, will fare worse than the Tiguan. I think we will likely find performance more than adequate for regular city driving and sedate highway cruising but find it lacking for any kind of spirited driving.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th September 2017 at 20:01.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 20:24   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I was very seriously considering the Tiguan and Kodiaq as well. I test drove the Tiguan with the engine in the same state of tune as the upcoming Kodiaq.
Although the Kodiaq is bigger, its weight is almost the same as the Tiguan. However, once you load all seven passengers and/or more luggage, the Kodiaq's weight would go up significantly. When I test drove the Tiguan, with only two people on board, I found the power to be just about adequate to feel safe in overtaking situations especially at higher speeds and trying to pass other fast moving cars (situations you would find on our highways very often). The sport mode made the engine rev higher, but did not add any actual punch in my view.

Now, the Kodiaq being that much heavier when fully laden and most likely with a higher drag co-efficient than the Tiguan due to its big bear face, will fare worse than the Tiguan. I think we will likely find performance more than adequate for regular city driving and sedate highway cruising but find it lacking for any kind of spirited driving.
Hi,

Do you think it might come in 177/184 PS and and the 143 PS are just rumors. Today couple of dealers said that it will come in a higher state of tune, BUT only after knowing that I am concerned about the PS and willing to make the booking now. Thoroughly confused!

Now, if it comes with the latter state of tune, do you think, it will be super fun to drive?

What do you think about the Endeavour? Even I love the X1 but looking for a 7 seater.

Thanks.
Old 12th September 2017, 20:46   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

People considering the Skoda Kodiaq please consider the bad service experiences which most of us are going through as shared here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4268670

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4266835

If they expect to sell the Kodiaq at 40L on road, they need to drastically change their dealer network and the service experience.

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th September 2017 at 20:48.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks