Team-BHP - Volvo India grants 6 month paid maternity leave to employees
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volvo India grants 6 month paid maternity leave to employees (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178764-volvo-india-grants-6-month-paid-maternity-leave-employees.html)

Volvo India has increased the maternity leave window for its employees from 12 weeks to 6 months. This step has been taken in an attempt to enhance ease of working for women employees.

In addition to the 6 month period, there is also a provision for four weeks of additional leaves that women employees can opt for in case of maternity-related complications. This allows employees to take up to 180 days leave, without using their paid leave balance, or needing a sanction or approval. The new policy has been made applicable to all women currently on or those planning to go on maternity leave.

Additionally, Volvo is also providing counselling for new and expecting mothers, as well as flexible working options like work from home. Depending on their business requirements, women employees are also being given flexibility in working hours.

Volvo claims that it is the first automobile company in the country to launch such benefits for women employees. These steps have been taken to bring more women on board and retain existing employees.

Source: ET Auto

Volvo India grants 6 month paid maternity leave to employees-volvocarslogo.png

Link to Team-BHP News

Big salute to Volvo for understanding the kind of transformation they are going through in that period. I had just an idea about their pains, and I personally witnessed all this while my wife carrying my son. Thank you Volvo.!

This news is quite disappointing for the female employees in other organizations though.

Wasn't there some recent ruling which increased the maternity leave to 6 months?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4030234)
Wasn't there some recent ruling which increased the maternity leave to 6 months?

The government rule I guess is 84 days.

A big respect to Volvo who increased the maternity leave to180 days paid leave!

Other corporates, specially the IT sector where significant women are employed should follow Volvo.

Most MNC's now offer 6 months as maternity leave. From what I know, even Govt has proposed a 6 months maternity leave for employees.

This is a good initiative from Volvo :), but in my organization female associates are given 12 months of paid leave for maternity. ( 6 months complete salary and 6 months basic pay).

I appreciate it fully :thumbs up

Volvo, please think of paternity leave as well. ;)

i guess most of the MNCs have revised maternity leaves to 6 months.

But still unfair on paternal; being only 5 days. :(

Cheers,
Amey

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni (Post 4030635)

Totally agree! Some interesting stats below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/fathe...-of-the-world/

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4030234)

This is proposed in the Maternity Benefit ( Amendment ) Bill, 2016 and in fact is being discussed in the Rajya Sabha today.

The maternity leave will be increased to 26 weeks ( approximately 6 months ), and it will also be compulsory to have creches in companies employing over 50 employees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 4033383)
This is proposed in the Maternity Benefit ( Amendment ) Bill, 2016 and in fact is being discussed in the Rajya Sabha today.

The maternity leave will be increased to 26 weeks ( approximately 6 months ), and it will also be compulsory to have creches in companies employing over 50 employees.

The bill has been passed unanimously in Rajya Sabha today clap:clap:clap:
This will now be taken up in lower house. Not sure if that will happen during this session itself. Hopefully yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni (Post 4030635)
i guess most of the MNCs have revised maternity leaves to 6 months.

Cheers,
Amey

I think that also increased to 10 days. We got one email from HR last week that maternity leaves increased up to '26 weeks of paid leave' and Paternity leave up to "10 working days of paid leave".

Adoption leave shall be similar to maternity, if adopted child is less than 1 year old, else 3 months.