Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2006, 00:01   #1
BHPian

Time is running out for people interested in palio 1.6

Today i booked the last canary yellow 1.6 sports available in the country.

yup, all of you who are looking to buy 1.6 better hurry i guess their are hardly 10-15 in stock and no, you would not get yellow only red.
production will start in a month time or so, and then you will not be getting a stumpendous discount bordering 90,000 on your hot hatch.

Here is the bad news: all the palio 1.6 recently were manufactured not after march and yup you will get a model manufactured in march, i would also like all the buyers who have bought 1.6 in last 6 months or so to check their manufacture date(open the bonnet you will find it near radiator eg B 2006, means feb 2006) right i have confirmed it and 1.6 production was stopped after march end. but not a bad thing after all if you are getting a discount ranging upto 90,000 it very well covers it up.

so in case you have waited for this hot hatch i would suggest you better buy it now i do not think your dream hatch would be available at this price later.
Old 7th October 2006, 00:23   #2
BHPian

Congrats!!! what is the final on road price and which dealer did you pick it up from?
Old 7th October 2006, 00:32   #3
BHPian

final on road is 4,40,000 but it include 4% cess which comes to 4700 and 4200 for extended warranty fortune motors in nerul is the dealer. i have posted full details in my other thread, purpose of this thread was to let everyone know the current scenerio

thanks
Old 7th October 2006, 01:10   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
i do not think your dream hatch would be available at this price later.
Or not at all. We might be looking at the last ever Palio 1.6 batch in India. And 4.4 lac?! Thats phenomenal VFM for stock clearance !
Old 7th October 2006, 03:43   #5
elf
BANNED

Before you take the plunge...

Coupla things guys:

1. Please check to see if you have a warranty on the deal.
I say this because a few years ago, Angad & Fortpoint Automobiles (then Fiat authorised dealers) were advertising & selling 1.6L Siennas in the old body shape for 4.02 lakhs. When I called to find out why, they said that the car would be sold without warranty, & that they had about 15-20 cars left in stock.
Basically the deal was buy, then bye-bye!
The new Sienna/Petra was available at that time as well with a warranty, for about 5.60 lakhs.

2. I saw a recent advert in one of the magazines/papers, that said 'the first hot hatch of India' was now available again, & they showed a yellow 1.6GTX Palio. Immediately below that was a Tata logo saying something about their support on Fiat automobiles. I therefore know that the car's now available again. Nothing about such a huge discount was mentioned in the ad.

Looking at the 90k discount, I just hope that fight_club hasn't been suckered into the deal by the unscrupulous dealer to get rid of his old stock.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but thought I should give you guys a heads up.
Old 7th October 2006, 04:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the 90k discount, I just hope that fight_club hasn't been suckered into the deal by the unscrupulous dealer to get rid of his old stock.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but thought I should give you guys a heads up.
thanks for the heads up but perhaps you were not too careful while reading the thread, i said not only the warranty but i paid up for two year extended warranty so...

no doubt i am drunk on palio but two shots of extended warranty keeps me on high as well.

and thanks for the congratulations.

Last edited by fight_club : 7th October 2006 at 04:11.
Old 7th October 2006, 04:10   #7
elf
BANNED

OK fight_club, apologies then, & would like to wish you all the best with the new car. Hope it gives you as much joy as mine does to me.

By the way, if you're in Bombay, do join us for the meet on the 20th. That goes for all others too!
Old 8th October 2006, 22:43   #8

Fight club
FYI, yesterday me and Windsurfer went to Concorde(Hyderabad), He booked a Palio 1.6, and the make was of Aug 06. Actually that Palio 1.6 was brought for me but since I settled for a 1.2 windsurfer booked it.
Perhaps your info regarding March 06 latest models is wrong.
Old 9th October 2006, 00:50   #9
BHPian

really, so it was stock clearance, can you tell me which colour anyway, and heartly congratulations man i guess you are lucky i searched for a new model throughout the mumbai and even in the factory, so i guess its fiat clearing stock .
Old 9th October 2006, 00:52   #10
BHPian

can you also tell me at what price it was offered to you
Old 9th October 2006, 10:43   #11

Fightclub,

Actually Windsurfer booked the car, not me. I booked a 1.2. The 1.6 was a Formula red. In Hyderabad Concorde appears to be the only guy having Aug/Sep 06 models.
As for the price, Windsurfer was given a discount of 85,000/- on on road price and a few minor accesssories like Mud flaps, floor mats etc. I think it comes to around 4.5Lakhs on road here after the discount. Extended Warranty u can add 4.2K more.
Old 9th October 2006, 11:13   #12
BHPian

Booked Formula Red Palio 1.6

Quote:
can you also tell me at what price it was offered to you
The final price without the extended warranty was 4.5 L (85k discount) + some basic accessories. The production was stopped since 2 months as Fiat is moving to Pune. Your case might be right with Yellow 1.6, But I bet that you still can get 2 months old Formula Red 1.6.

Delivery is supposed to be this weekend.

And Congrats fight_club on Yellow 1.6. It sure looks hot.

Last edited by windsurfer : 9th October 2006 at 11:15.
Old 9th October 2006, 12:18   #13
BHPian

awesome guys once again congrats both of you, it puzzles me why they have not produced as many yellow. anyway its good to see palio sales picking up.
Old 5th November 2006, 06:29   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yup, all of you who are looking to buy 1.6 better hurry i guess their are hardly 10-15 in stock and no, you would not get yellow only red.
production will start in a month time or so, and then you will not be getting a stumpendous discount bordering 90,000 on your hot hatch.

Here is the bad news: all the palio 1.6 recently were manufactured not after march and yup you will get a model manufactured in march, i would also like all the buyers who have bought 1.6 in last 6 months or so to check their manufacture date(open the bonnet you will find it near radiator eg B 2006, means feb 2006) right i have confirmed it and 1.6 production was stopped after march end. but not a bad thing after all if you are getting a discount ranging upto 90,000 it very well covers it up.
I got mine in Formula Red on Friday. Pune on road price = Rs. 4,49,000/- + a free floor mats, mud flaps and filming done.Its a G-06 which means I got a July'06 manufactured car. Total cash discount was Rs. 75,000/-.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th November 2006 at 06:31.
Old 5th November 2006, 08:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

My friend and me contacted tata dealers to buy palio for my friend, we came to know hardly 5 pailos (1.2 and 1.6) available, colors available silver, black .. They said IF we need specific color we need to wait for
2 months since fiat is starting production of its cars by jan. 2007 from its new plant. So this means like ZEN (no more zen sold since stock got cleared..) present stock is getting over very soon. From jan. 2007 one can expect new look pailo, but I feel with great discounts existing pailo is great buy.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks