Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 12:01   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000

This is how the Ford Aspire stacks up against it's in-segment rivals after the price correction, in the VFM tree:

PETROLS
Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-c1-petrols.gif

DIESELS
Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-c1-diesels.gif

Aspire Titanium AT is available in 1.5L petrol option.

All prices ex-showroom Delhi, as on 10/08/2016. (taken from company sites)

Last edited by Aditya : 11th August 2016 at 07:08. Reason: Uploading images as attachments
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:03   #47
BHPian

Terrific move by FORD!!!!

Both are pure VFM products.

But having said that, it hurts, (just sharing on very personal note) as I am one of those customers who believed in FORD and made purchase of Aspire TDCi just after launch with no freebies/ discounts/ accessories and paid for third year extended warranty too.
But, I am over it now for all good!!!

Very capable machine!!! Superbly enjoying TDCi-ng!!!! So far been happy with FASS too!!!
novicefreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Bold move from Ford, and the Titanium+ with leather seats and 6 airbags undercuts almost all its competitors with 2 airbags. This move should be a real treat for the small number of Indian consumers who value safety. I expect the sales of these well deserving cars to increase, but not like how the EcoSport's sales have risen - SUV is the in-demand segment, the sub-4m sedan is an already crowded place where no one apart from the Suzuki sisters manage huge volumes.
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Interesting move by Ford. Maruti slashed Ciaz prices and now I can see only Ciaz around me so hopefully the same will happen with these two cars.

Not from the same segment but I just compared Tiago XZ diesel to Ford Titanium diesel. The only thing better in Figo is ACC and that brilliant engine. But, does it demands a premium of more than 1 lac considering engine won't even perform to its potential on our jam filled delhi roads? Big dilemma.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Interesting move by Ford. Maruti slashed Ciaz prices and now I can see only Ciaz around me so hopefully the same will happen with these two cars.

Not from the same segment but I just compared Tiago XZ diesel to Ford Titanium diesel. The only thing better in Figo is ACC and that brilliant engine. But, does it demands a premium of more than 1 lac considering engine won't even perform to its potential on our jam filled delhi roads? Big dilemma.
If that is the case, try to reason out the price premium we pay for a Grand i10 over the Tiago. Even the interior space /engine sizes / outputs / performance are similar, the interior quality is what distinguishes the Hyundai

Did Maruti slash Ciaz's prices? I think you are mixing up with the S-Cross.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 10th August 2016 at 13:00.
Old 10th August 2016, 13:03   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

Did Maruti slash Ciaz's prices? I think you are mixing up with the S-Cross.
In Delhi they did, because the FAME subsidy helped them price the diesel SHVS lesser than even the petrol variants in Delhi.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 14:22   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

And this is how the Ford Figo stacks up against it's immediate in-segment rivals after the price correction, in the VFM tree:

PETROLS
Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-hatch-p.gif

DIESELS
Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-hatch-d.gif

Figo Titanium AT is available in 1.5L petrol option.

All prices ex-showroom Delhi, as on 10/08/2016.

(taken from company sites, except for Volkswagen Polo's prices from Carwale)

Last edited by Aditya : 11th August 2016 at 07:07. Reason: As requested
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 14:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

Nice. Ford Figo and Aspire are quite value for money cars, the Titanium variants look mouth-watering now. Lets see if the market still accepts them in the long term (I personally want the market to accept them)

So here is a strategy for prospective Ford buyer: dont buy the car as soon as it is launched, wait for a few months till its sales drop, then let Ford drop the prices, then you book the car
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 15:12   #54
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This may not be pleasant news for those who purchased a Figo/Aspire in the last few months, but it comes as lovely music to my ears!

I've been eyeing the Titanium+ variants ever since the new Figo twins got launched, as a replacement for our 7-year young i10 1.1 iRDE which is still going strong. But our Era variant has no airbags and safety remains a big worry.

With this price cut, it increasingly looks like a Titanium+ variant (body style & engine can be decided later) from Ford will replace our beloved little i10, unless the fools at Hyundai (or some other manufacturer) decide to equip their affordable cars with side & curtain airbags (which seems quite unlikely).

Now, I want Ford to equip the twins with the 1.0 EcoBoost motor, if not in the 125 PS state of tune, then at least in the 100 PS one, which presumably has better low-end torque. If this little EcoBoost gem can power some variants of cars like the Fiesta and even the Focus in its 100 PS state of tune in Europe, then I see no reason why there shouldn't be a 1.0 litre 100 PS EcoBoost under the hood of the much lighter Figo & Aspire in India!

Yeah! I know the Figo/Aspire have a brilliant, class-leading, super-tractable, track-scorching 100 PS 1.5 TDCI under the hood as well, but it drinks the dirty fuel. I want a turbo-petrol!

Come on, Ford! Why hold yourselves back by not localising the brilliant 1.0 EcoBoost? You have two huge factories in India, and export cars to all parts of the world from here. Thanks to the disgusting lobby raj economy of India, and the influence that the vicious dirty fuel lobby have on the pathetic powers-that-be in this country, diesel may be artificially priced lower than petrol. Thankfully, the rest of the world is rapidly realising the dangers posed by the carcinogenic filth spewed out as a result of diesel combustion, and the nails are beginning to slowly get hammered into the coffin of the dirty fuel worldwide.

Hybrids and all-electrics may be the distant future, but the immediate future belongs to direct injection turbo petrols!

Get that 100 PS 1.0 EcoBoost under the hood of the Figo & Aspire, Ford! And make it fast, please!

While you're at it, do provide 15" wheels and 185 section tyres on the twins. And rubber beadings/weather strips around the doors, please. The current rubber beading on the twins' door frame reminds me of the one on my earlier Indicas. Not cool at all! And lest I forget, do provide a reverse camera & parking sensors as part of the standard equipment. LED DRLs would be nice, too.

By the way, since you already manufacture the 4m+ Ka+ sedan in India, let the Aspire grow into a 4m+ car as GST may get rid of the sub-4m advantage. The Ka+ with a nice protruding rear bumper looks much better than the sub-4m Aspire:

Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-images-20.jpg

Last edited by RSR : 10th August 2016 at 15:27.
RSR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 15:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

I see 2 reasons for this big price cut :

1) Ford has invested billions of $$ in a new manufacturing facility in anticipation of a big spike in demand and to the contrary their vols are shrinking - finally the HQ would have given the go ahead to drop prices ( unlike MUL/Hyundai - Ford may not be as nimble in decision making - this severely affects MNCs like Ford and others in different sectors )

2) No matter how much we all argue, the typical Indian customer in these segments ( A,B ) rarely think beyond MUL and Hyundai. The ENTIRE market for cars beyond these 2 manufacturers is what folks like Honda, M&M, Tata , Ford and Renault -Nissan vie for. With Tata finally waking up from its slumber with the Tiago and with the upcoming Kite sedan and Nexon - Ford desperately needs to take corrective action if it has to make some meaningful volumes.

Lets not kid ourselves by comparing the pricing or other attributes of any car with an MUL or Hyundai. No matter what other manufacturers do - most of the market will gravitate to these 2 only - its for the left overs that the others have to fight for. sad state though.
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 15:52   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, these cars offer a terrific VFM proposition now. It'll be hard for any informed buyer to overlook them. Just hoping the Figo twins make it to a lot more shortlists now.

Since the price cut has happened so early in their life, I think it'll have a positive impact on sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And this is how the Ford Figo stacks up against it's immediate in-segment rivals after the price correction, in the VFM tree
Thanks for sharing man! The team will be adding these to the opening page of this thread (with due credit to you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This shows the meaning of correctly pricing your car right from the start. They did that mistake with the Fiesta. Then the Ecosport.
Actually, the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport were all well-priced from the start. It's only the Fiesta that Ford overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What is the justification behind not passing the same benefit to the AT variants? This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. On one hand the move has desperation written all over it and on the other hand they are still acting snobbish by choosing to continue milking the customers who want an AT box.
Hold back the punches, buddy! AT = fully imported gearbox. That's the reason there's no price cut on that. Of course, Ford could have sweetened the AT variant a little, but it wouldn't ever be as good as the localised MT cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Build quality. The one and possibly only sore point, as has been pointed out in several TD impressions.
Unfortunately, we're going to have to get used to this. Most newer generation cars coming out of Europe are lighter than their predecessors and lack that addictive 'thud'. Compare the new Octavia to the old one, or the F10 5-Series to the E60. It's a phenomenon spreading across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Maruti slashed the Ciaz' price because of tax cuts. The net revenue / profit for Maruti wasn't affected. It's different with the Figo & Aspire and will directly affect Ford's bottomline.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 16:59   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Actually, the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport were all well-priced from the start. It's only the Fiesta that Ford overpriced.
Well there is never an absolute good price right? It is only governed by market demand and your brand perception etc. The Innova sells at an atrocious 25L for a reason. Is it over priced? I would say no. But if tomorrow another company launches a competent product and Toyota has to reduce price to sell or risk losing sales, then I will say that Innova was over priced.

Same is the case with Ford. Ecosport was priced well at the time of launch, well because the market accepted it. But later Ford, within days, jacked up prices at an alarming rate and now they are forced to reduce them, and hence it becomes over priced for me.

Quote:
Hold back the punches, buddy! AT = fully imported gearbox. That's the reason there's no price cut on that. Of course, Ford could have sweetened the AT variant a little, but it wouldn't ever be as good as the localised MT cars.
Again I would say that it might be costing them more but I am sure they could have let go of some % of their profit. They did reduce the prices for the Ecosport AT too. It isn't that they are really selling the AT variants at breakeven price points right now. The reason for not reducing those price tags according to me is lack of competition in that segment or low overall sales for those variants.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 18:03   #58
BHPian

As the owner of an Aspire 1.5D in Titanium+ trim, do I feel bad about the price cuts?

Well, I recently discovered a great way for anyone to fall in love with their car again. It's very simple - just drive another car for a decent amount of time, and all the things that you love about your own car will come rushing right back at you. I happened to drive around in my dad's Ciaz 1.3 DDiS for a week and when I finally came back (a couple of days ago) to drive my Aspire, it was an absolute revelation. The razor sharp handling, that amazing engine, perfect ergonomics and the precise feel through the steering wheel lit up goosebumps on my skin and plastered a silly grin on my face!

Maybe it's just the serendipitous timing of the price drop, but right now I couldn't care less about it if I tried

Last edited by d3mon : 10th August 2016 at 18:04.
d3mon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 18:15   #59
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb Move

I like manufacturers who react / respond to poor sales and do what best they can do to revive sales. There is no point in holding back the punches.

These are superb value vehicles now.

Also as per recent tests they also seem to be the fastest in certain segments (though not as joyful to drive).

AT is fully imported unit. The 1.5 AT is adequately powered but I go agree it is average overall. Guys like me who wanted an AT at any cost went for it in the EcoSport and there is no other variant that would have worked for me.

Ford is in the news for the right reasons right now.

This should help sales. It will also go on to show the way to others that VFM pricing is essential in India unless you have a Toyota like Brand Halo around you. (Even Hyundai like now a days (with the creta).

The price cut is not as radical as in the S-Cross but quite decent and substantial.

Existing owners will benefit as the resale value of their cars would be higher if the vehicle is sold in decent numbers (which it is not currently prior to the price correction.) Numbers on the road is essential for resale value (Unless you are Mitsubishi Pajero).

Somehow the Endy too is not really going off the shelf at too fast a pace and wait periods are down even with the 500 unit a month number. It too may see a price correction in certain models (lower variant) when New Fortuner is introduced. Hopefully the Top variant will remain steady at the current or lower pricing.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 21:19   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Official website has been updated to show these new banners indicating the price revisions:

Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-hpfigo.jpg

Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-hpaspire0.jpg

In addition, you can now customise your chosen Figo/Aspire variant and deck it with selected accessories as well. Neat way of personalising your own Ford car! (link)

Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-untitled.gif

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th August 2016 at 21:20.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks