Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2016, 19:59   #16
tez
BHPian

re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

Lets have the sport version launched first.. too many sport versions flying around from different manufacturers.
The subject of the post looks apt - "Rumour"
tez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 13:59   #17
BHPian

120 bhp in a Tiago is a leap indeed . Many (including me) will consider this car. However, in addition to the engine performance and body kit, I would like to see some additions in this car (considering all available features of XZ variant).

1) AT/AMT
2) Projector headlights and DRL
3) Rear AC vent (a roof mounted AC vent would minimize the cost)
4) Touch screen infotainment system with GPS and reverse camera
5) Little more height (25-50 mm)

What would you like to see in Tiago Sport? Please share your views.
basubhatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 14:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
I would like to see some additions in this car (considering all available features of XZ variant).

1) AT/AMT
2) Projector headlights and DRL
3) Rear AC vent (a roof mounted AC vent would minimize the cost)
4) Touch screen infotainment system with GPS and reverse camera
5) Little more height (25-50 mm)

I would not want an AT on a sport variant ( even if it is a DSG, it reduces the fun part )
Why would you need more height? That is not possible for a 'variant' too - did you mean ground clearance?

I would like to see nice sporty steering tune-up and a really nice suspension set-up on this one. Probably would make the Tiago Sport the first less-than-a-million hot hatch
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 14:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post

I'd love to have an electric sunroof

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 19th August 2016 at 15:04.
Old 19th August 2016, 18:39   #20
BHPian

I think the car is too small for an electric sunroof imo. Ideally with Ignis AWD proposed, it would be awesome if the following configuration is possible

1. AT
2. 120 bhp
3. AWD with raised ground clearance (optional)
4. 6 airbags
5. Keyless entry
Old 19th August 2016, 21:58   #21
BHPian

1. A brilliant DCT like VW
2. 7 Airbags (6 + knee airbag) like a Merc
3. AWD like the Subaru STi (probably with an option to control front and rear bias)
4. Huge Brembo brakes for that added stopping power
5. Recaro Car Seats in the front
6. Massaging Seats at the rear (what for ? I don't know. But I can still wish.)
7. Base price starting at 4L INR or lesser

Can we keep it real and not start a "wishlist thread". Let the official specs come out fist. Remember we have never seen a Sport variant from TATA ever. Even if they do manage to launch one, it will not be with these Electric sunroofs and AWDs. We may get a more powerful engine at best. Imagine they provide everything people have wished for, how many will buy a Tiago at 10L INR ? Some are even wishing for raised ground clearance when we are talking about a proposed "Sport" variant. I mean, how logical is that ? No offense, but I could not resist. Keep it real please.
DieselAddikt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 00:12   #22
BHPian

WHY would a company that's struggling to develop & bring out the products in pipeline since 2 years, come out with a sport version of the 1 recently launched product whose demand they're struggling to meet ?

I believe this news is just journalistic exaggeration developed from hyperintepreting some gesture from the company.

Like, they would've simply asked that since the platform is capable, could there be a sport version of this car ? And just to not be dismissive & simply show optimism, someone from the company would've told a "Yes sure! Why not, it's probably being explored as an option by the development team..."

Else, even the most experts in the car business would wait for atleast a year or two to study how the product is holding up in the customers hands.

IMO Only after studying that data & tweaking based on those inputs, would they develop a Sport version.

The Tiago is being made in Sanand, where Tata has a massive advantage for input costs with regard to cost of land & upto 6670crore loan at 0.1% apart from VAT refund.

http://wap.business-standard.com/art...1000013_1.html

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/ahmed...w/51153768.cms

I guess they're doing their best to utilise the benefits to the maximum extent before they develop another product to again seek to extend the benefits to that product from the Gujarat government.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 20th August 2016 at 00:14.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 16:35   #23
BHPian

The Tiago Sport - has been rendered (with an extended wheelbase) on a different portal and it looks totally drool-worthy. Do not think the final product will be anywhere close, but can still hope so.

Copyright and Source: https://autoportal.com/news/renderin...atch-6530.html

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-1.jpg

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-2.jpg

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-3.jpg
sachinayak is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 20:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

We can assure ourselves that the Sport version is not going to have any massive changes in the body panels (like the extended wheelbase). This could involve larger tyres, stiffer suspension and reworked engine mapping, blackened headlights, blackened roof, probably some racy interiors.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st August 2016 at 17:33. Reason: As requested
Old 24th August 2016, 18:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tata Tiago Sport launch in November 2016

The sport edition of the Tata Tiago will reportedly launch in November 2016. Earlier reports had brought to light Tata's plans to launch a faster, more powerful version of the Tiago, by shelving its earlier project of developing the Bolt Sport. Reports suggest that Tata might name the more powerful hatchback as 'Tiago Plus'.

Source: Times of India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 24th August 2016 at 18:11.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 18:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Rumour: Tata Tiago Sport launch in November 2016

Reports suggest that Tata might name the more powerful hatchback as 'Tiago Plus'.
Sounds like an antibiotic!!
octane_100 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 18:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
4. Huge Brembo brakes for that added stopping power
IMO, all four discs with improved ABS calibration will be more appropriate.
Old 24th August 2016, 21:44   #28
BHPian

Power around 120bhp, direct steering response, disc brakes on all 4 wheels, stiffer suspension, sporty body kit, black alloys and stickier tires are all that is needed for an affordable yet fun car. AWD and Brembo brakes will take its price above 10 lakhs. An affordable performance car will have a lot of takers.
Old 24th August 2016, 23:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not being pessimistic. Infact as a Tata loyalist, I will be happy if Tiago sport sees the showrooms.

Fiat is a brand that all enthusiasts love. A brand that makes driver's cars with excellent dynamics and beautiful design. They launched a 145bhp droolworthy turbo petrol at a vfm price of 12 lakhs on road. End result: Two digit monthly sales figures! Sad!

Now, if Tiago gets all 4 discs, standard dual airbags, ABS, ESP and atleast half as sorted dynamics, it is a great achievement for Tata as a manufacturer.
But then 9- 10 lakh on road price for an A+ segment small hatch, that isn't going to be fuel efficient either and wearing a Tata badge? It is going to be an interesting case study.

PS: I wish Renault gets inspired by Tata taking on VW GT twins with a car two segments lower and then plonk a turbocharger into the 1.0L Kwid making it rival the Baleno RS 1.0

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 24th August 2016 at 23:43. Reason: making the post dodge infraction :P
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 05:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Fiat is a brand that all enthusiasts love. A brand that makes driver's cars with excellent dynamics and beautiful design. They launched a 145bhp droolworthy turbo petrol at a vfm price of 12 lakhs on road. End result: Two digit monthly sales figures! Sad!

Now, if Tiago gets all 4 discs, standard dual airbags, ABS, ESP and atleast half as sorted dynamics, it is a great achievement for Tata as a manufacturer.
But then 9- 10 lakh on road price for an A+ segment small hatch, that isn't going to be fuel efficient either and wearing a Tata badge? It is going to be an interesting case study.
My guess is that Tata would be pricing it about 2 lakhs above the top end model, not more, for they know that anything north of that will not sell. That would be honest pricing for additional discs at the back, engine remap, maybe a different turbo, 20mm wider tyres and a stiffer suspension. The rest being a body kit and some changes in interiors. If I'm not wrong, ABS and Airbags are already present in the top end. Maybe different body color to separate the looks from the regular pack.

Fiat read everything wrong about India and except the brilliant engine, nothing was right. So quoting 12L for a sportier version didn't get many takers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed