Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2018, 13:07   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

The real hot hatch is here, Turbocharged, manual, is cheap, suspension/steering/exhaust all tuned for performance with a mout watering price tag, Maruti's, Volkswagens with the dalda rs's and GTI's will have to move over now.

This car is going to sell much more than what Tata anticipated for sure, Kudos to TATA, there were days with the troublesome Arai's and borings Indica's and look where Tata is now!
humyum is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 13:14   #377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Obviously one should not finalize a car before finalizing it. The Aspire top end (Titanium Plus) would cost at least a lakh more that the Tiago JTP. Refer the comparative on road pricing of both the cars from carwale below.

In Pune the exshowroom price of Rs7.49 lakhs is resulting in an onroad price of 8.77 lakhs.

Attachment 1812756

Attachment 1812757
The JTP quote is erroneous. I was taken aback by such a high on road price given that the Delhi OTR is 7.3.

Checked carwale and it turns out they have incorrectly put the ex showroom price of Tiago in pune as 7.49 lacs, hence the high OTR. It would be approx 7.4-5 on road for Tiago jtp, and 8.7 would be the price for Tigor.

Have checked the JTP Tata website for the correct prices
agambhandari is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 14:57   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Jtp tiago bit me very hard. I am just pretending my age now but inside i'm messed up. .... My wife says replace nano with JTP red tiago.
Well you live only once, if I had the money I would have blindly bought this hot hatch. Sound of the exhaust drives me crazy...Follow your heart and get her home, she will excite you and bring back the beast in you ...
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 15:43   #379
Senior - BHPian

Apparently JTP has yet to find a dealer in Kolkata. As per a document available on rushlane.com, JTP is supposed to be sold from RD Motors , but reality seems different , when I called to find out!
No clue as to who will be the dealer of choice for JTP in Kolkata and rest of East Indian cities.
There seems to be a lot of interest amongst young professionals here , in this part of the country. I personally know at least 4 people who are genuinely interested.
Hope TML finalises someone fast !

Last edited by arjab : 28th October 2018 at 15:45.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 16:30   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Apparently JTP has yet to find a dealer in Kolkata. As per a document available on rushlane.com, JTP is supposed to be sold from RD Motors , but reality seems different , when I called to find out!
No clue as to who will be the dealer of choice for JTP in Kolkata and rest of East Indian cities.
As per jtp official website, jtp cars will be available in R.D Motors Pvt LTD, kamarhati, Kolkata. You can find the official list of dealers in their official site jtp.tatamotors.com
Old 28th October 2018, 16:40   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
There seems to be a lot of interest amongst young professionals here , in this part of the country. I personally know at least 4 people who are genuinely interested.
If they are genuinely interested, they should be prepared to wait, I guess. I am sure it's going to take a few days or couple of weeks at least for the dealerships to get the test drive vehicles and get them registered. Dealers also would want to identify the genuine customers from those who just want to have some fun in the name of test drives. Trust me, many I know simply go for test drives of newly launched cars just because.. well, they can. Many might think that's okay, buy I personally think it's avoidable because every test drive without an intention of buying deprives a potential customer of one.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 17:45   #382
Senior - BHPian

By the way, amidst all the hype there is one more point i would like TATA to score.

Get the Tiago and Tigor tested by Global NCAP. And i hope, the cars should score some decent stars. Case in point is the Nexon and Zest, both of which scored 4 stars. I would be disappointed if Tiago/Tigor twins scored anything lesser.

And once we have the GNCAP ratings, advertise the twins as "Safe and Fast" performance cars. Unlike the Tin cans produced by Maruti.
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 18:22   #383
BHPian

made a Quick "Black Wrap" Mod for the JTP Versions at its Grill-Area, to add little more Sporty & Uniqueness.
How abt tht!

source: rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tatatiagojtptigorjtpdealers1.jpg  

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tatatiagojtptigorjtpdealers.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 19:02   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Ad today in TV for new Tigor with Hrithik Roshan, I guess they haven't told their marketing team about this JTP thing.

I think Tata has the opportunity to set the segment on fire with some Reclaim your life type ad for JTP, hope we see it soon.

I hear someone not being happy with the price, well the Polo TSi costs as much as a Verna while being smaller and having less power. Try buying one and you have to wait a while to get it. Tiago/ Tigor JTP is just as fast and a whole lot cheaper while being more practical, it sure is going to be cheaper to maintain as well.

An affordable, easy to maintain, India's version of Golf GTi - Tata I hope you are reading this.

Yes you will mess up the servicing, but if you know anything from your friends at Jeep, still can manage to grab eyeballs and sell it.
Old 28th October 2018, 19:12   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
made a Quick "Black Wrap" Mod for the JTP Versions at its Grill-Area, to add little more Sporty & Uniqueness.
How abt tht!

source: rushlane
Good effort. But, I like the originals from TATA-JTP.
Probably, I would love to see a Black coloured JTPs.
kaviprem is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 19:54   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
By the way, amidst all the hype there is one more point i would like TATA to score.

Get the Tiago and Tigor tested by Global NCAP. And i hope, the cars should score some decent stars. Case in point is the Nexon and Zest, both of which scored 4 stars. I would be disappointed if Tiago/Tigor twins scored anything lesser.

And once we have the GNCAP ratings, advertise the twins as "Safe and Fast" performance cars. Unlike the Tin cans produced by Maruti.
I believe anything over 3-stars GNCAP wishful thinking, even if it scores wonderfully on the structural rigidity part.
Reason - beyond 3 stars, you need curtain & knee airbags, isofix & passive safety features all that are not there in the car. Not because it cannot have, but because of price point IMO.

However, this should not stop anyone buying this when the decision is guided by heart, & the owners will have naughty smile every time they get some open space. Definitely cannot be recommended to any routine car buyer.
I feel the overall performance package planning can be summarised as "affordable performance everyday"... & for the "Kitna Deti Hai" types they can be content with City mode & vanished smiles.

Have lot to say... Failing to put thoughts on paper.
Old 28th October 2018, 21:28   #387
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This car looks like the perfect “warm hatch” if not a proper “hot hatch”. All I would wish for, from the perspective of greater road hugging, is that the Tyres and wheels were marginally larger, say 205’s mounted on 16 inch wheels, and if the styling and design could have actually push-positioned the 4 wheels at the absolute extremities, a la the Mini Cooper. Then we would have had our own Indian “Works Inspired” serious hot hatch on our hands....

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th October 2018 at 21:29.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 21:42   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This car looks like the perfect "warm hatch" if not a proper "hot hatch". All I would wish for, from the perspective of greater road hugging, is that the Tyres and wheels were marginally larger, say 205's mounted on 16 inch wheels, and if the styling and design could have actually push-positioned the 4 wheels at the absolute extremities, a la the Mini Cooper. Then we would have had our own Indian "Works Inspired" serious hot hatch on our hands....
Good news is, tyre upgrade is an easy mod. I am not sure if the Tiago really needs 16 inches, but I would have liked 195 section too, but anything more would kill the idea of budget car. And then people might also be complaining about high maintenance cost, like with the 19 inch wheels of the Hexa.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 22:31   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I believe anything over 3-stars GNCAP wishful thinking, even if it scores wonderfully on the structural rigidity part.
Reason - beyond 3 stars, you need curtain & knee airbags, isofix & passive safety features all that are not there in the car. Not because it cannot have, but because of price point IMO.
Sir I hope that you are referring to Euro NCAP and not the Global NCAP. Following made for india cars have scored 4 stars in GNCAP with 2 airbags and not a host of passive safety features :
1) Nexon
2) Zest
3) Liva
4) Polo
5) Brezza
etc..
Waspune is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 23:01   #390
BHPian

TAMO you beauty!!

Can't wait for a test drive of Tiago JTP. If I will be impressed, my Brezza will make way for this beast!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks