Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 13:27   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

Blowoff valve sound

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th October 2018 at 13:34.
Latheesh is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 13:39   #407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
It's a genuine curiosity and there is no harm in asking about the fuel efficiency. The segment to which the JTP twins cater is price sensitive and people care about fuel efficiency. It's just that if people find 13-14 kmpl acceptable for regular cars in this segment, they might find 10-12 kmpl acceptable for the JTP twins. But each and every person who is interested in buying these cars will definitely want to know about their fuel efficiency.It does not make us any less enthusiasts
How about some one asking 'Will JTP twins be available in CNG'? After going through different threads in team-bhp, I am actually getting confused about one word 'Enthusiast'. What is the actual definition for that with respect to team-bhp? I am getting questions like 'why should I rev beyond 3000 rpm in a petrol car, I bought so and so car because I am a sedate driver' and so on. I think GTO could define the word 'Enthusiast' as per team-bhp.
pavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 15:45   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
How about some one asking 'Will JTP twins be available in CNG'? After going through different threads in team-bhp, I am actually getting confused about one word 'Enthusiast'. What is the actual definition for that with respect to team-bhp? I am getting questions like 'why should I rev beyond 3000 rpm in a petrol car, I bought so and so car because I am a sedate driver' and so on. I think GTO could define the word 'Enthusiast' as per team-bhp.
Tata, with these two cars is actually aiming to please the average confused car enthusiast of our country. A person who wants a fast car to offer an excellent mileage. A car with sporty interiors to seat 5 adults comfortably and also have the space to carry the weekend luggage. And most importantly all this is required at a price at which you can buy and own (service cost), without robbing a bank.

I guess, the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP meet most of these expectations. if these don't sell in good numbers I don't know what will
SnS_12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 18:16   #409
BHPian

Quote:
After going through different threads in team-bhp, I am actually getting confused about one word 'Enthusiast'. What is the actual definition for that with respect to team-bhp?
Should not an enthusiast be someone who is "enthusiastic" about automobiles? Why should there be a specific definition alluding to either living beyond a RPM or driving beyond a speed? As an analogy, I am a watch enthusiast who loves watches, understands them and can appreciate a good one when it comes by. I can't agree that I will be a "genuine" enthusiast only when I either buy a 20L A. Lange & Sohne watch or buy a watch only with a certain minimum set of complications.

Maybe we should use the word "spirited" instead of "enthusiast" in context of such threads.
Hells Bells is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 19:55   #410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post

Maybe we should use the word "spirited" instead of "enthusiast" in context of such threads.
I believe we all are informed bunch of enthusiasts (spirited and non-spirited) then. But still even a non-spirited one should not be asking that question regarding rpm, and asking for availability of a Tiago JTP CNG. We all became members of this fantastic forum, after writing essays on the three sections in the registration page which itself should contain sensible as well as spirited contents. I am not trying to prove anybody or anyone as a non-enthusiast, I was quite surprised when I came across such replies. I never expected such questions in this forum as we have a well laid procedure to get the membership here.

Last edited by pavi : 29th October 2018 at 20:05.
pavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 19:56   #411
BHPian

An enthusiast is someone who is willing to compromise some aspects of the car for the sake of performance. Wallet size doesn't matter.
braindead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 20:05   #412
BHPian

"Autocar says Tata Tiago JTP qualifies as one of the best handling cars under Rs 10 lakh"

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4816
Size:  324.0 KB

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 20:08   #413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
"Autocar says Tata Tiago JTP qualifies as one of the best handling cars under Rs 10 lakh"
That’s great. Is it only me who thinks the cars still sit a bit high from the ground. There was a mention that ground clearance was reduced and suspensions were stiffened for better handling.

Last edited by pavi : 29th October 2018 at 20:31.
Old 29th October 2018, 21:41   #414
BHPian

Quote:
But still even a non-spirited one should not be asking that question regarding rpm, and asking for availability of a Tiago JTP CNG.
We are going OT on this thread but a quick clarification - my response was alluding to the definition of enthusiast and not in reference to the particular conversation around CNG performance car I would agree that what constitutes the DNA of a performance car, for any segment, is not something which comes naturally to a lot of individuals. Case in point - quite a few friends of mine still assume modding a car is equivalent to adding NOS set up ala The Fast and The Furious Stage 1, Stage 2 etc is alien for them even as they profess their love for cars.

Let's get back to the JTPs as these cars deserve our due attention on what they bring to table than what they do not. For me, I would go for a Tiago than a Tigor JTP just because it feels more of a fit-for-purpose than Tigor.
Old 29th October 2018, 23:53   #415
BHPian

The twins look cool, Sounds great, drives like a dream and to top it all, priced to tempt.
The success of these cars will be very crucial and as an enthusiast, all of us are already craving for bigger JTP products.

IMO, top speed restriction is a good move and should not be bothersome for those who intend to drive it only on public roads.
ramji_or is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 00:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

I am super excited about the Tiago, reminds me of my Indica Xeta days. Had a lot of fun with that car. The looks & character of this car evoke similar emotions in me.

By the way - any info about colors yet? This car will look amazing in all-black, because of the black grille and black wheels. Add window tints and wider tires.... I think it has all the elements to be the next early-Zen/early-Swift (budget-friendly fun hatch).

Some kind of lowering kit will complete it! An aftermarket JTP kit that is honored by warranty (like BMW M bits) would be awesome!

Last edited by rajushank84 : 30th October 2018 at 00:16.
Old 30th October 2018, 00:33   #417
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I am super excited about the Tiago, reminds me of my Indica Xeta days. Had a lot of fun with that car. The looks & character of this car evoke similar emotions in me.

By the way - any info about colors yet? This car will look amazing in all-black, because of the black grille and black wheels. Add window tints and wider tires....

Some kind of lowering kit will complete it! An aftermarket JTP kit that is honored by warranty (like BMW M bits) would be awesome!
1) Colours are clearly mentioned as Red and White all over this thread.

2) Tinted window films are not permitted in India. It is illegal. A very slightly tinted glass is all that is permitted.

3) The JTP Twins have already got a body kit.

4) The JTP Twins are already lowered and have wider tyres than normal variants.

Of course anything can be further lowered and widened but JTP and Tata would have done the analysis on max permissible craziness while keeping it practical.
ACM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 03:05   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That’s great. Is it only me who thinks the cars still sit a bit high from the ground. There was a mention that ground clearance was reduced and suspensions were stiffened for better handling.
I felt the same from some angles but you can only reduce the travel by so much given our road conditions. This is a car than can be used everyday. Even the service intervals are the same as the normal Tiago. A big plus in my opinion.
extreme_torque is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 13:01   #419
Senior - BHPian

According to this review, Tiago JTP is the best handling hatchback except Polo GTI or a Mini Cooper S
https://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/tata-t...from=home-auto
I really appreciate the way Tata gives maximum options to the customer out of a single platform.
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 13:32   #420
BHPian

JTP twins seem to be winning praises from everyone. While all reviews demand more power, stiffer suspension, louder exhaust, what Tata has done is given a good balance so that the car can be a daily driver with ease while also satisfying enthusiasts' urge.

There is a review from Evo India which gives some more insights into development and future: https://evoindia.com/test-drive-revi...ago-tigor-jtp/

On torque limit of 150 Nm
Quote:
The justification is 170Nm results in lots of wheel spin and the loads are too much for the drivetrain and suspension components
On warranty
Quote:
These JTP cars are products of JTSV and the warranty will be honoured by JTSV
On minimal reduction in ground clearance
Quote:
while development happened at the track the intent was always to make a road car hence the ground clearance that only went down by 4mm so that speedbreakers and bad roads aren’t a problem
On 5-speed gearbox
Quote:
The gearbox is the old 5-speed ’box from the Bolt, the Nexon’s 6-speeder doesn’t fit. And in any case Anand wanted low-down punch, not sixth gear efficiency, the ratios of the 5-speeder being altered (read, lowered) to deliver low-down urgency.
All these reviews have terribly increased the urge to official TeamBHP review. Also, I have now developed a serious itch to test-drive these beauties.
ksameer1234 is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed