Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2018, 19:41   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

Visited showroom in Pune to test drive Nexon AMT and came to know that JTP demo cars would be available by 20th Dec!!
neoonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 19:55   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Visited showroom in Pune to test drive Nexon AMT and came to know that JTP demo cars would be available by 20th Dec!!
Which showroom was this? Checked with national autowheels yesterday and they had no idea of when JTP would arrive. Concorde baner had no information either last week. There isn't much optimism either with sales teams.
Old 9th December 2018, 20:06   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Which showroom was this? Checked with national autowheels yesterday and they had no idea of when JTP would arrive. Concorde baner had no information either last week. There isn't much optimism either with sales teams.
Its Concorde on highway near Sus bridge
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 20:06   #529
Senior - BHPian

Wondering where is the official team bhp review on the JTP. Eager to forward it to few folks.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 15:29   #530
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Very soon the focus is going to shift to the Harrier and the JTP twins will be forgotten by most.
No, they won't. While everyone else will have their lame 500-word Harrier reviews on the homepage, India's best enthusiast website will have the JTP twins on its homepage .

Will be a Christmas gift from Vid6639 + Samurai to you guys (or maybe, a bit before).
GTO is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 15:36   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Will be a Christmas gift from Vid6639 + Samurai to you guys (or maybe, a bit before).
Thank you GTO for the heads-up.

If this is what the 2018 Christmas gonna be on TBHP, then I can only imagine the sort of "Gifts/Goodies" that 2019 will get us!!
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 17:32   #532
BHPian

Quote:
No, they won't. While everyone else will have their lame 500-word Harrier reviews on the homepage, India's best enthusiast website will have the JTP twins on its homepage .
On a lighter note, its a better way to say "We are arriving in late"
But, am sure everyone await TBHP review of every car before making the final decision!
kaviprem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 11:18   #533
BHPian

Quote:

Awesome! Now this is something to look forward to!!
Vid6639 and Samurai, if you guys need a spot boy with automotive background, then let me know, I stay nearby .
Old 12th December 2018, 13:48   #534
BANNED

JTPs have arrived at Concorde motors, lajpat nagar, delhi. TDs from next week
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_20181212134641_gallery.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 12:10   #535
BHPian

Quote:

Can you guys please post it up earlier? Seriously need it as I am planning to close the car purchase decision before the December end. As I would be buying a car that would be the only car at home, need to decide on how much a compromise it would be (any car that I would end up buying) on the head vs the heart part!
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 13:37   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Overall seems like a good enthusiast car though the ARAI 16.xx kmpl seems a bit low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
16.xx is not bad. The ARAI figure for my Fiesta 1.6 is 14, but i get 11+ in city driving. Therefore I guess the Tiago will give around 12+ in similar circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Regular Tiago petrol is rated for 23.8 kpl and it is actually quite efficient on highways when driven sedately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Leaving out the enthusiasts it might even draw people going in for petrol variants of respective segments & higher, if the ARAI mileage figures are on a higher side.
I was curious to find out if the JTP can pull in some buyers from the regular Tiago XZ+ that was just launched, and thinking from a mainstream angle i tried to find out the official ARAI mileage number. The only piece of reliable(?) information i could find was from Tata's official twitter handle and they're quoting 23.84KMPL.
This number is the same as the regular Tiago petrol, so a Tata goof up is not ruled out yet, but still possible. Below are the other relevant numbers:
  • Nexon: ARAI rating of 17 km/l with a Kerb weight of 1237
  • Tiago: ARAI rating of 23.84 km/l with a Kerb weight of 930
  • JTP: ARAI rating of XX km/l with a Kerb weight of 1051

Now, though i don't think JTP will be able to pull in regular Tiago prospects (given Tata's apparent interest in keeping this a niche product), it atleast will not force regular people interested in JTP to look at Tiago instead due to higher comparative ownership costs (initial premium aside).
Old 14th December 2018, 16:49   #537
BHPian

Test drive vehicles are not available yet in Gurgaon. Dealer rep said it is not launched yet and will be coming in Jan only. It has been a frustratingly long wait.
Old 14th December 2018, 17:21   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
The only piece of reliable(?) information i could find was from Tata's official twitter handle and they're quoting 23.84KMPL.

This number is the same as the regular Tiago petrol, so a Tata goof up is not ruled out yet, but still possible.

Below are the other relevant numbers:
  • Nexon: ARAI rating of 17 km/l with a Kerb weight of 1237
  • Tiago: ARAI rating of 23.84 km/l with a Kerb weight of 930
  • JTP: ARAI rating of XX km/l with a Kerb weight of 1051
As you had said correctly, that number is for the regular Tiago and not the JTP. I remember reading somewhere that the ARAi for JTP Tiago was in the 16.XX range. I cant find the source now though.

Also, as per my experience, the ARAI numbers quoted by TATA are most likely done in the ECO mode, which has a very blunted engine response. The JTPs dont come with a Eco mode, understandably and hence may be the lower figure. Please keep in mind that JTP twins produce almost 40% more power compared to the regular versions !
coldice4u is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 16:12   #539
BANNED

Finally TDed the angry little JTP at Concorde, Lajpat nagar. It was a short test drive but here are my preliminary impressions.
  • The clutch and gearshift are much more slick than the regular Tiago in all the correct ways.
  • The engine note is good, but nothing great. but it's much easier on the ears than the regular 3 cylinder thrum that most cars have. and is definitely on the sporty side.
  • The steering is better in feel and more weighted than Tiago and most other cars. but still no match for hydraullic ones obviously
  • The motor has a strong pull above 2.5k rpm but there is no single point where you get pushed back into the seat and it's over. It keeps pulling relentlessly much like a diesel
  • The brakes felt a little lacking. not sure if the reason was that these are the same press cars that could have been abused by the journalists :lol
  • The Sound insulation is good and only the engine sound enters the cabin when revved hard
  • The car is JERK CITY. The clutch, the throttle and the fuelling i suppose are very snappy at least in sport mode and needs modulation delicately if you want a comfortable ride for your passengers. But after the jerk, comes the pull
  • The handling felt better than the regular tiago but nothing mind blowing
  • No cars in stock. have been quoted a 2 week waiting period.

IMO,in this price this is the most fun car. Regular swift, Ignis are a distant second. The power rush is very close to GT TSI but that drives like a much more mature car and has the DSG gremlins to deal with. Abarth is bigger, older, has some ergonomic issues and the future of fiat in India is questionable but with more power. But the biggest trump card in the favour of the JTP is the sensible price and it's hard to find faults with the car, especially JTSV has clearly fulfilled all of their goals they wanted to achieve with the car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-20181216_143959.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 17:32   #540
BHPian

I wonder if there are bigger problems than what meet the eye for JTP production. It is nearly 2 months now and there hasn't isn't a single JTP in showroom apart from those from the media drive. In comparison, Tiago XZ+ was announced on Monday and cars were in showroom on Saturday with stock ready for delivery. Both of these are same cars apart from engine (which is identical to Nexon) and it can't be that one model has such nicely planned production while other one is forgotten.

Dealers in Pune spoke of mid-November first, then end-November which moved to end-December. Now the best estimate from Concorde here is of mid-January and even that is not something concrete.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed